• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Re: Welcome Eric Dier!

I honestly thought either I completely misread that or it was intended as a joke. Walker would have started for England at the World Cup if not for his injuries, he's not going on a Championship loan.

Ahead of ....err.... Glen Johnson! Wow! Being England first or 2nd choice RB at the moment doesn't actually mean you must be very good.

Having said that I rate Walker generally and think he will be back in RB over Dier when he is fit.

There is no chance Dier will be ahead of Walker for Rb spot, if ever there was a full back suited to Poch's system it's Walker. Let's not get over excited with this guy, for sure the potential is there but he's not on Walkers level as a RB...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

There is no chance Dier will be ahead of Walker for Rb spot, if ever there was a full back suited to Poch's system it's Walker. Let's not get over excited with this guy, for sure the potential is there but he's not on Walkers level as a RB...

I hope so. I want Dier at centre half, its his natural position.

It worries me that he held his groin towards the end of the game. Now that Walker is out we don't need Dier out as well.

Tp quality performance today. Good on the ball, strong in the tackle, tactically and positionally astute, quite quick, strong in the air. He seems to have all the required attributes. I know it is early, and that there will be days when things don't go his way, but he looks very promising.

He reminds me of Ivanovic, in the sense that he is a centre half and is a defender first, but also decent going forward with the ball.

I add my praise, it's so weird how good he is actually. He looked brilliant against schalke, 3 games later and he's still looking very very good. He's very young though, brilliant back up while walkers injured and brilliant back up for the cb's, but let's not run him into the ground ad heap pressure on him.

I add my praise, it's so weird how good he is actually. He looked brilliant against schalke, 3 games later and he's still looking very very good. He's very young though, brilliant back up while walkers injured and brilliant back up for the cb's, but let's not run him into the ground ad heap pressure on him.

i'm beginning to think that he's no back up, and walker will have a real fight on his hands now.
walker for speed, dier for deliveries into the box and attacking set pieces.
we've got RB covered for the next few years!

I do want to add a slight word of caution here as he showed a slight propensity to lose his man on a few set pieces today.

If for example Caulker scores on his chance towards the end, some might have a slight change of opinion. He's a great talent though to be sure. Just needs good coaching and the skies the limit.

I do want to add a slight word of caution here as he showed a slight propensity to lose his man on a few set pieces today.

If for example Caulker scores on his chance towards the end, some might have a slight change of opinion. He's a great talent though to be sure. Just needs good coaching and the skies the limit.

set pieces are a worry but i'd expect jan and kaboul to be there on the 6 yard box first.

I was worried before the game re set pieces as Caulker is exceptional at them, and neither Jan or Kab are great in the air. Hope we can get Fazio in, as he can help there, especially against some teams' aerial assaults. But on the day we coped, and Dier is a marvelous addition to our squad by the looks of it. Delighted for the lad, and a brilliant piece of work by Levy & co.

Well done Eric, and I think he deserves a rest on Thursday as we'll need him big-time v Pool.

Think this is the first bit of benefit of having Bloomfield back. Supposedly it was his recommendation and given how low his release clause was, surprised nobody else took a punt on him. He just looks quality

made Garth Crooks team of the week again (24 Aug 2014)

_77149789_garth.png

[h=2]DEFENDER - Eric Dier (Tottenham)[/h]
_77150148_ericdierafp.jpg
Born in England, Eric Dier moved to Portugal as a child and came through the Sporting Lisbon academy

There were some notable performances at right-back this weekend from the likes of Aston Villa's rejuvenated Alan Hutton and Everton's Seamus Coleman. I included Dier in my team of the week from the opening weekend of fixtures and cannot resist doing so again. His career at Tottenham has been nothing short of spectacular and he seems to be playing with the kind of confidence which makes it difficult to ignore him.
Did you know? Dier became the first defender to score on his first two Premier League appearances.

Looks a steal, but how long before his big move to OT is on the media agenda? I can almost hear van Gaal being asked what he thinks about him already.

Ahead of ....err.... Glen Johnson! Wow! Being England first or 2nd choice RB at the moment doesn't actually mean you must be very good.

Having said that I rate Walker generally and think he will be back in RB over Dier when he is fit.

i'm beginning to think that he's no back up, and walker will have a real fight on his hands now.
walker for speed, dier for deliveries into the box and attacking set pieces.
we've got RB covered for the next few years!

I've seen similar talk elsewhere that Dier should be considered as first choice RB, which I think is jumping the gun somewhat.

Obviously he's versatile and talented and can provide adequate cover at RB when needed, but I don't see him as a full back. He's a CB to me and that's where he'll end up playing the bulk of his games.

I think we need to be careful in saying that we've found the new messiah; he's had a great start, a dream start and good luck to him, but there have been a couple of times where he's lost his man or been turned fairly easily (as all players do) so I think he'll need a bit of slack now and then when he'll invariably make a mistake that costs us.

But fair play to the lad; great start and long may it continue.

Don't think anyone is calling him the Messiah, everyone still looking forward to reinforcements. If Walker us deemed fit for the pool game, who would you choose?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk

Don't think anyone is calling him the Messiah, everyone still looking forward to reinforcements. If Walker us deemed fit for the pool game, who would you choose?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk

A little hyperbole never hurt anyone!

If Walker's not fit I'd choose Dier, no doubt. If Walker is fit I'd still have reservations about putting him in against Pool for his first game.

As I say, Dier is clearly versatile and competent, I just don't think he's a long term, first choice full back.

As an aside, I'd certainly be keeping Naughton this window as well bearing in mind Walker's prolonged absence.

Sherwood: "I like the look of Dier, who was a player that we had picked out for some time as a potential signing during my time at the club"

Sherwood (Dier): "He came in to the training ground when Harry Redknapp was manager and trained with us for a few days."

interesting

Back