• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Good luck to Eric on a personal level.
Meanwhile I'm very pleased Spurs have cleared some large wages (Dier and Lloris) who were not playing.
Likewise other big earners e.g. Ndombele, Hojbjerg in future.
With those 2 and Kane leaving, we must be saving massively on wages. Oh yeah Perisic too, come summer.

I assume this strange "loan" thing is because Bayern didn't want to commit to a 2 year deal or whatever, so they are telling everyone it is just a loan, so that in the summer they can decide against giving him a deal if they don't like him. Likewise they don't want to announce a 6 month deal, so they are just saying it is a loan where they cover the wages, rather than buying him. Maybe?

I assume this strange "loan" thing is because Bayern didn't want to commit to a 2 year deal or whatever, so they are telling everyone it is just a loan, so that in the summer they can decide against giving him a deal if they don't like him. Likewise they don't want to announce a 6 month deal, so they are just saying it is a loan where they cover the wages, rather than buying him. Maybe?
Possibly an FFP component to it.

Maguire has been on the worst end of that. Whatever he is as a footballer, and I think he’s decent in the right team, I have a lot of admiration for him for the way he’s handled himself. The way he’s been spoken about and jeered is an absolute disgrace and has highlighted everything bad about modern day fans.
The maguire arrested on holiday for assault and attempting bribery, that harry maguire?

Sissoko was often a spacegoat on here..

You can create a chain of players, from Dier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Winks, all the way back to Chris Armstrong and beyond. To slightly paraphrase the Highlander, or Doctor Who, there must always be one. Just wait, they'll move on to the next target now.

It is an ugly part of football, and Social Media has given it a center stage.

You can create a chain of players, from Dier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Winks, all the way back to Chris Armstrong and beyond. To slightly paraphrase the Highlander, or Doctor Who, there must always be one. Just wait, they'll move on to the next target now.

It is an ugly part of football, and Social Media has given it a center stage.
Darren Caskey, Vinnny Samways, Terry Fenwick…

That’s about as far back as I go though.

The maguire arrested on holiday for assault and attempting bribery, that harry maguire?
He wouldn’t be the first footballer to do something stupid on his own time. Didn’t we have Terry Fenwick do jail time, Hugo got arrested for drunk driving and Gazza assaulted his missus off the top of my head.

The treatment of Maguire in the media (social and regular) has been lowest common denominator bullying.

Good luck to Eric, I've never had any negative feeling towards him. Its the right time to move on. Got to keep refreshing the squad.

You can put Emerson into that equation too while Ben Davies, for a lad that has been dependable, loyal and played wherever he's been asked without complaint, has also been treated poorly by some of our fans.

Emerson was even worse

- New, young player in another country, new league, bought for a manager/system that no longer was being used. Side note, had the rug pulled from under him pre Spurs at Barca as well
- Was clearly working his ass off, trying to improve (spent $1M of his own money)

And our fans couldn't wait to brick on him ... fudge people like that ..

Emerson was even worse

- New, young player in another country, new league, bought for a manager/system that no longer was being used. Side note, had the rug pulled from under him pre Spurs at Barca as well
- Was clearly working his ass off, trying to improve (spent $1M of his own money)

And our fans couldn't wait to brick on him ... fudge people like that ..
I think it really varies but I’d argue players that are home grown can get more abuse than many we buy

Winks and Dier have had dogs abuse
I heard people abuse winks when he wasn’t even playing FFS
Emerson has had for sure
Darren Bent reported to wearing headphones regularly to not hear the noise form fans when entering and leaving the ground

Then you get spoken like Ndombele who hasn’t given anything for the club for whatever reason (nor the debate) and he still has people say… he might just do it and protect him

Unfortunately football has grown but fans are still human and by nature lots are quite fickle. Then they winder why players don’t give a brick (in the fans view)

Many fans are just children emotionally. They want to win so much, but when we don't they are angry. They need to vent their anger on something or someone. Levy usually or then players they don't think are good enough to give them the feeling they want of winning.

Rationality goes out the window. It's all about emotion.

Same if a good player wants to leave. It's like they are being dumped by a girlfriend. They'll be drunk texting, how much of a bitch they are.

Many fans are just children emotionally. They want to win so much, but when we don't they are angry. They need to vent their anger on something or someone. Levy usually or then players they don't think are good enough to give them the feeling they want of winning.

Rationality goes out the window. It's all about emotion.

Same if a good player wants to leave. It's like they are being dumped by a girlfriend. They'll be drunk texting, how much of a bitch they are.

Egged on by a media model based on outrage clicks ..

Honestly, some people just fudging enjoy misery. There is a group two rows behind me in the stadium that complain from start to end of every match, Skipp, PEH, Royal, GLC, Gil, our tactics, the subs ... I don't fudging get it, going to a match is a big time and money commitment, why fudging go just to be miserable?

Egged on by a media model based on outrage clicks ..

Honestly, some people just fudging enjoy misery. There is a group two rows behind me in the stadium that complain from start to end of every match, Skipp, PEH, Royal, GLC, Gil, our tactics, the subs ... I don't fudging get it, going to a match is a big time and money commitment, why fudging go just to be miserable?

It's not just us. Watched an arsensl game in my local. Arsenal fan was moaning the whole game and even after. I was laughing. "You won the game and are top of the league, if you can't enjoy that, when can you?"

Back