• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

If his acceleration is slow (it is) his top speed won't matter as the relatively short distance means he won't catch the player before they get to a danger position. This has been seen many times.

For a high line you need to be a great reader of the play, have quick reactions and decent speed. Dier fails on all three.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Indeed, the fact that Ange has had him nowhere near his squads is telling. He even picked Sanchez ahead of him despite being happy to sell him.

One of our issues imo has been that the fan base has never had a clear impression of what success is.
A trophy,
Top four,
Finishing above arsenal,
Progress,
Spending money.
Since AVB onwards I feel its gotten worse, even when we get what we want we say its not good enough because of something else.

Terrible season for me would be early exit from f a cup and no Europe qualification.
But if we're still playing the way we are I wouldn't be too disappointed.
Still think top CL place is there for the taking.

More like our fan base is the absolute easiest in the world to bait. You don't see the media saying every fudging two days Saudi Sportswashing Machine hasn't won a trophy in 50+ years, or Everton/Villa/etc in how many?

I think we need to aim for a cup run in the FA (dependant on draw luck) and ANY European qualification, I think below that really is sub par.

Personally just watching us play properly and not having the stadium being a toxic hell hole is worth the price of admission by itself, the rest is bonus.

More like our fan base is the absolute easiest in the world to bait. You don't see the media saying every fudging two days Saudi Sportswashing Machine hasn't won a trophy in 50+ years, or Everton/Villa/etc in how many?

I think we need to aim for a cup run in the FA (dependant on draw luck) and ANY European qualification, I think below that really is sub par.

Personally just watching us play properly and not having the stadium being a toxic hell hole is worth the price of admission by itself, the rest is bonus.

We have more fans than them. We are also more hated than them. Thus more people will read stories about us that are negative. It's business.

The media will not swallow this

The sports media is full of people who think their opinion is better than anyone else regardless of any factor. Why we get so concerned by them is irrational, on a personal note I get agitated as I worked in the industry my entire career and saw some of the biggest arseholes working in that sector, and many allowed their personal prejudice into their work. Since I retired and social media has grown the problem has got even worse with headlines and hits more important than fact or truth.

Anyone else think the club are going a little OTT with the charm offensive?
Daily post trying to "big up" every little thing.
Maybe it's a generational thing and I just don't get it.
Or maybe the new socials manager is 16?
I feel similarly, but maybe it’s my age. Signing videos, etc. It’s all a bit cringey. It’s probably aimed at people 20+ years younger than me though!

Anyone else think the club are going a little OTT with the charm offensive?
Daily post trying to "big up" every little thing.
Maybe it's a generational thing and I just don't get it.
Or maybe the new socials manager is 16?

They're paying someone to be responsible for their social media feed. The person is probably just trying to justify his/her job.

I think that the social media output from the club has been markedly better this season. It's not all for me but it isn't meant to be and it is getting people engaging with it, which is the point. The Robbie Williams stuff was started by fans, not the club, but the club got on board quickly, which I think is a really good thing. I watched the Fulham game on Czech TV last week and they were talking about it, which just shows that it has reach and interest for casual fans.

Back