• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

^ It was our dominating approach which saw us turn the first half defecit on it's head and ultimately we looked good value for a win by the end if the game so i think there is justification for Pochettino approaching the game in that manner. Dier doesn't gift Liverpool the chance they score from and maybe the first half would have been a different beast, more inline with what happened in the second, maybe.

Dier removed what little impetuous we started with......Dire from Dier.....

The lad comes over as very personable.
But is he good enough for us as we look to progress?

I'm 'a little' undecided but I am also not so happy with his performances of late.

Dier, lamela and this season Dele are suffering for team.
They are playing slightly out of position or being asked to do role that isn't their preferred or naturl role.
It's to their credit, especially dier, that generally they have done it and done it well enough for us to be where we are.
A good team player.

I'm 'a little' undecided but I am also not so happy with his performances of late.
I think there is still improvement to come from Dier, he has had a good schooling in S.Lisbon and now Poch.

He helps us massively in his flexibility. And on a list of what could be classed as 'utility' players in the prem he is probably top of the list.

In a season or so he could do with settling down in a position, and that will be his test, to see if he can rise to the top (ish) of the list for that position.

Of course, a manager may like him as a 'utility' player BUT Dier himself may not want to carry on filling that role, it's hard to fill like you've really shown your best when you are moved around a bit. (position wise)

I rate Wanyama as a better player personally. I don't think Dier's distribution is good enough and is prone to errors. I fully accept however that he is a vital player as he can cover so many positions.

I'm not convinced he good enough for his main job in midfield.
I'm convinced he is poor as a central defender.
He lets too many opposition players run off the back of him as a midfielder and as @Jurgen the German said his distribution is average!
So he's a utility player at best?

Very harsh Stephen.

He hurt his elbow badly and wasn't moving freely after that.

I do feel Juve "let" him have the ball as our least capable passer, but that is true of any holding/battling midfielder

Blaise+Matuidi+Eric+Dier+Tottenham+Hotspur+B0x1kKRGRsnl.jpg

Very harsh Stephen.

He hurt his elbow badly and wasn't moving freely after that.

I do feel Juve "let" him have the ball as our least capable passer, but that is true of any holding/battling midfielder

I like the lad and he's Spurs through and through! AND I'm harsh!!!!
Still not sure he's at the level we need gong forward.

We might though have to hang on to him to keep Dele on side.

Was too easily bypassed for both of Juve's goals in my opinion, particularly the first. (Though Vertognhen and Alli were also at fault for the first, and Sanchez and Tripper for the second.)

He was my favourite player two seasons ago, but I think he's gone backwards. Too easily bypassed in midfield, and average passer. Good squad player, but feels to me like one of the weakest link in our first XI when playing.

Tend to agree however he is young and has time on his side so no one should be writing him off as players rarely improve year on year without dips - has shown himself a good player in the past and of course chopping and changing positions as he does will have an effect too

I suspect Dier is one of those "you dont know what youve got until its gone" players for many fans.

You'll all miss him when he isnt there.

My thoughts as well, he has been moved from one position to another more often then not and its not always easy to do that. He is only 24 and has not reached his peak yet and he is a very important player for us.

Switched off for both goals. But he was playing with an injury. Why didn't Poch sub him off in the first half?
I don't really know why he is still startingahead of Wanyama bar him not being happy on the bench whereas Wanyama will never kick up a fuss.

Switched off for both goals. But he was playing with an injury. Why didn't Poch sub him off in the first half?
I don't really know why he is still startingahead of Wanyama bar him not being happy on the bench whereas Wanyama will never kick up a fuss.
Or maybe Wanyama is still not 400% match fit?

Back