• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Well if it's between us and Chelsea and someone choses Chelsea (under investigation, out of Europe, likely to fire manager soon), not sure what I would say ...

All valid points. Chelsea currently still a bigger brand than us outside of the UK. They’ve had 20 years of sustained success and will take more than 1-2 years of underperforming for their stock to fall.

It could be that he is being asked to try to achieve 2 times market value though. Who knows?

Something potentially concerning here is that there are rumours that one English club will getting the rights for a kit with the Jordan logo on it and that us between us and Chelsea.
The quick talk is he has come in and lots of good people have left to join other clubs…
I met him at a club event and he was very nice. Looked like he had been tangod

Na from knowing people who work with him thats not really true as of now TBH. He successfully operated what is now a HUGE commercial monster in Spurs which includes the hospitality in and out of match days and all that comes with that. The clubs now also a massive conference space, he overseas that success of that (which is massive). The clubs view on naming rights has changed over time as has the global landscape on things like this happening (covid, war, recessions) and they feel that having the clubs name on the ground is also benefitting them (he also got alot of deals to table the club turned down).

Reality is the nature of anyone in commercial sales the scope is short, you get deals done and then there is little room to work once in so they move, by nature, ALOT because the opportunities to do it again and also earn massive bonuses lie elsewhere. I know plenty at that level who have been crucial to naming deals in Canada who move on once their contacts and contracts are in place because thats where the progression and money lies.

Blokes done a really good job at Spurs, our commercial side is a huge success.

That said the club will also be relaxed as the nature of the world means someone else comes in and has new contacts and skills that refresh the role.
Is that because of him or in spite of him
We don’t jnow
I’m not aware of additional revenue since he joined other than the real estate of the ground
But I haven’t looked

All for sponsors, I understand the need. But leave the gimmicks out. We aren't that desperate for the cash.
I may have missed the details, I was assuming it was just the kit being made by Jordan brand which is now a legitimate sub brand of Nike? Or is there more to it that I missed?

The quick talk is he has come in and lots of good people have left to join other clubs…
I met him at a club event and he was very nice. Looked like he had been tangod

They left same reason they joined though, new projects. One of them Fran who I did some work with when he was Marketing Manager and the hotel I worked for was looking at Sponsorship, he left because he saw the progression to head something up at Brentford as a big move for him and really put his flag in the sand. It happens like it does in all walks of life.

Is that because of him or in spite of him
We don’t jnow
I’m not aware of additional revenue since he joined other than the real estate of the ground
But I haven’t looked

I would say very much because of whilst other opportunities would have presented themselves (thats the nature of sales). But his role was alot more than just the naming rights and as I say, the clubs moved on from where they were.

As I say nature is, his replacement comes and its business as usual, happens all the time

They left same reason they joined though, new projects. One of them Fran who I did some work with when he was Marketing Manager and the hotel I worked for was looking at Sponsorship, he left because he saw the progression to head something up at Brentford as a big move for him and really put his flag in the sand. It happens like it does in all walks of life.
Yeah that’s one name mentioned in the comments
You know these guys
I don’t so can’t comment
Todd did talk at the fan event about stadium sponsorship and his role but it was super brief

It's almost 20 years since they poached Arnesen. Chelsea could use someone like him to sort out transfers more than they need some to get naming rights for a new stadium they don't have.

If Chelsea are as in the sh1t as is rumoured, they must be desperate to increase their commercial income.

If there is truth in the ground rumours I imagine he wants to be part of the project, loads of money to be made on commercial commission going in at the start of any project like that.

Busy window... Good variety of incomings but the heavy lifting of selling sub par players remain.

Lange outgoings and Paratici incomings ?

Screenshot_20240206_090233_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks like the head of sponsorships has gone to Chelsea too. He didn't bring in the stadium sponsorship but could he be working with Chelsea on new stadium revenue plans, a copycat of what was done at WHL?

Busy window... Good variety of incomings but the heavy lifting of selling sub par players remain.

Lange outgoings and Paratici incomings ?

View attachment 16741

Looks like the head of sponsorships has gone to Chelsea too. He didn't bring in the stadium sponsorship but could he be working with Chelsea on new stadium revenue plans, a copycat of what was done at WHL?

Lange's department is responsible for scouting and analytics, unlikely he is also responsible for outgoings.

Postecoglou mentioned Lange regarding Dragusin and Ornstein said he was responsible for Bergvall

Doesn't seem like Todd Kline was rated too much. I know you can't believe ITKs and all their gonad*s but at least three different posters now have said he did nothing and good riddance etc.

Doesn't seem like Todd Kline was rated too much. I know you can't believe ITKs and all their gonad*s but at least three different posters now have said he did nothing and good riddance etc.
Maybe he was the one that worked out we were getting as much value out of our name on the stadium, as we would with a sponsor?

Back