• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Well then whatever source you are looking at is wrong I’m afraid

prior to the window before the Coutinho windfall, they signed mane, Wijnaldum, Salah, Robertson and Alex olade chamberlin, they alone cost more than the figure you have quoted above.

Either way to suggest another poster is making things up when you have no clarity in your argument yourself is a trifle cheeky

Salah, robertson and oxlade chamberlin were bought in the summer of 2017. Klopp joined liverpool in 2015.

Come back in 2 years time.

Even17/18 they made profit on transfers (yes helped by the sale of coutinho).

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liv.../31/plus/?saison_id=2017&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Where this £150m above sales comes from, i don't know.

I’m looking forward to guns n roses and lady gaga

who needs trophies?

I think the idea is that the profit from these events goes into buying players, if you believe them....

For me it is not about the money spent but how we spend it that is my biggest concern. Ndombele was 65m and a 5 year contract of 7m a year according to reports. We are going to gave to pay some of that to get him off the books.

I know Sessegnon and Jack Clarke have not really worked out yet. But that path and the Eriksen and Verts are the sort of signings we need to make. Home grown or talented players who at around 23 or 24 have played 100 games of pro football so you know the understand tactics but are hungry to progress.

Transfer fees have obviously gone up so instead of the 15m bracket that we had such success in you ate now probably looking 25 to 35m.

Levy said in the summer about going back to our DNA I really hope that is what he meant.

I think the idea is that the profit from these events goes into buying players, if you believe them....

For me it is not about the money spent but how we spend it that is my biggest concern. Ndombele was 65m and a 5 year contract of 7m a year according to reports. We are going to gave to pay some of that to get him off the books.

I know Sessegnon and Jack Clarke have not really worked out yet. But that path and the Eriksen and Verts are the sort of signings we need to make. Home grown or talented players who at around 23 or 24 have played 100 games of pro football so you know the understand tactics but are hungry to progress.

Transfer fees have obviously gone up so instead of the 15m bracket that we had such success in you ate now probably looking 25 to 35m.

Levy said in the summer about going back to our DNA I really hope that is what he meant.

I hope that we go way way back to our DNA (pre-ENIC) where we would buy great players, and be really competitive in competitions with a backing of the manager to actually win trophies..

I hope that we go way way back to our DNA (pre-ENIC) where we would buy great players, and be really competitive in competitions with a backing of the manager to actually win trophies..
When was this magical time?! I’m not yet 40 so I’ve known ENIC at Spurs for as long as I haven’t but we’ve consistently been in the higher part of the league, and various semis and finals of cup competitions in comparison to what I knew before…..

And in his first window he signed three players, one of which you got right which was Stephen Caulker so either way what you’re argument doesn’t stack up I’m afraid
No I was right
Look at who he signed in his first window
The equivalent window to what conte has just had
The only proven player if you can call him that was Caulker I believe

Levy and Lewis simply don't believe in the business plan where you look to buy experienced players who would get into the best teams in Europe as well as good young talent and by that blend you challenge the very best teams. Their Business Model is to get a scouting team that identifies talented young players that can come through and be worth much more than they paid for them. They aren't really interested in being one of the top two or three teams in England - they don't want to pay the money that would take. So success to them is competing for an occasional fourth place and some decent money from the Champion League but even if that doesn't happen they are content to keep the club highly profitable as a return on their investment - which is immense. Winning trophies isn't really important to them - if Daniel was a true supporter he would have quit long ago - for which supporter who has the opportunity to help his team win things, would be content to mix with the owners of City, Liverpool and Chelsea knowing that he will never be their equal (and never try to be their equal) - it would frustrate the life out of a real supporter. No they simply don't care about the success we care about - challenging for the title, winning cups and being relevant.

Now before you pile into me - they got a bit lucky with Poch - he took young players like Walker and Alli and fashioned them into worthy challengers and unfortunately that period has convinced Levy that this model could be done over and over but it was largely a one off - like Leicester - and don't forget that we didn't win anything even with that excellent side - a marquee signing or two could have got us over the line - we will never know because ENIC will never buy marquee signings.

Conte should have known all this before he joined - its part of the interview process and if he hadn't realised this, then he is naive.

So we only have hope - nothing more - hope that Enic's model will turn up a cup or two, an occasional fourth place and we are grouped with Everton, Villa, Saudi Sportswashing Machine - that's our benchmark - and that is so damned sad.

The only thing that really puzzles me is how much Levy will spend on Managers - £15M a year for Conte? - and then not back them with transformative signings - leading to them failing, leaving and we start the whole crazy process again - while he saves money on transfers how much has he paid in severance payments to outgoing managers and their entourage - so many millions - dopey...

One trophy in 22 years - we are doomed Captain Mainwaring, doomed I tell you!

I find no mention of this time in official club histories?

Yep
That’s business I guess

Well just be honest about it rather than churn out the bollox he usually comes out with ... all talk. He is a devious little bastard that is only here for a profit, not any of that brick he shovels about what a huge fan he is and will do everything in his power to make us challenge.

Pre Sugar and Scholar we were always buying great players and won cups and competitions more regular than under ENIC no?

not really, a few FA cups here and there, on average we didn’t get to any more finals than we have under ENIC, just the other teams bottled them before we did

how many proper title challenges did we make?

we’ve also been much closer to the European Cup under ENIC than we were before

Last edited:
not really, a few FA cups here and there, I’m average we didn’t get to any more finals than we have under ENIC, just the other teams bottled them before we did

how many proper title challenges did we make?

we’ve also been much closer to the European Cup under ENIC than we were before

A few cups would be great ... under ENIC its not happened. We have only been in the European Cup due to the change in format.

The club has been mismanaged in various ways since the days of Bill Nick.

That was the last era where we were a proper football club, buying world class players all over the place. Since then we have had various people use us for financial gain and buy a couple of top players here and there to keep the club and the fans ticking over.

Bill Nick did an incredible thing and set us up with the foundations and since various pricks have pummelled the club.

Very sad.

The club has been mismanaged in various ways since the days of Bill Nick.

That was the last era where we were a proper football club, buying world class players all over the place. Since then we have had various people use us for financial gain and buy a couple of top players here and there to keep the club and the fans ticking over.

Bill Nick did an incredible thing and set us up with the foundations and since various pricks have pummelled the club.

Very sad.

Nicholson massively underachieved, he had the best squad in the game with the double side, added the best goal scorer in the game in Greaves, and won next to fudge all, that should have been the start of a dynasty, we should have won the next 5/6 league titles and the same in European Cups, he let them rest on their laurels.

I don’t care about domestic cups, they are an inconvenience and carry no real prize.

True, and the game, and worthwhile targets changed with it.

I think that you would be in the minority. Most fans love a cup final, the only clubs that see it as a hindrance are the Elite teams, who still manage to win them.

Nicholson massively underachieved, he had the best squad in the game with the double side, added the best goal scorer in the game in Greaves, and won next to fudge all, that should have been the start of a dynasty, we should have won the next 5/6 league titles and the same in European Cups, he let them rest on their laurels.

Yes true although I dont know the ins and outs.

Perhaps Parklane1 can enlighten us. He was around 40 back then so should remember.

Pre Sugar and Scholar we were always buying great players and won cups and competitions more regular than under ENIC no?
We were
It was easier then of course as pre enic you weren’t competing with sovereign states and oligarchs
Clubs were owned by local men typically
The game has changed of course now and is a global opportunity for sport washing and ordinal gratification for a £Billionaire

Back