• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Weirdly juve signed inexperienced players
Are they complaining?

Because they have tons of players with experience of winning titles. They need youth to do the hard running.

We have f*ck all. Mediocre players who have no experience of winning together, who need some hard mentalities with experience who can lead them when things go south.

Got f*ck all in January, as predicted.

Are struggling, as predicted.

Conte is now bring honest about what that shows about the club, as predicted.

Pretty predictable turn of events, but amusing to those of us who knew Conte wouldn't stay silent if he wasn't backed. :p

Because they have tons of players with experience of winning titles. They need youth to do the hard running.

We have f*ck all. Mediocre players who have no experience of winning together, who need some hard mentalities with experience who can lead them when things go south.

Pretty predictable turn of events, but amusing to those of us who knew Conte wouldn't stay silent if he wasn't backed. :p
No when Klopped joined they signed inexperienced and unproven players
Hell they signed a left back from a team that hot relegated
Got in an aging pro who the league leaders didn’t want
Signed a Brazilian striker from a small ish German side with a poor goal scoring record
They signed a midfielder who didn’t start for arsenal
Another midfielder from Saudi Sportswashing Machine who were relegated
A Brazilian Cm from Monaco who signed for Madrid but they offloaded him quickly on loan
Hell their star player flopped over here ince already and had to go to two teams in Italy where he won nothing and was still a big gamble
Klopp still didn’t complain

in fact in his first window he signed Steven fudging Caulker !!!!!

Signed a Brazilian striker from a small ish German side with a poor goal scoring record
A Brazilian Cm from Monaco who signed for Madrid but they offloaded him quickly on loan
Hell their star player flopped over here ince already and had to go to two teams in Italy where he won nothing and was still a big gamble

Klopp was also backed with 150m in funding from the owners, above club-generated funds, above sales, in his tenure - and that's before he ever won his first trophy. Klopp got the most expensive defender in Premier League history, and one of the most expensive goalkeepers in Premier League history.

Conte has been given fudge all, like Poch was given f*ck all for five years where he single-handedly pulled us to within reach of the big time.

And here's a prediction for the summer if by some miracle Conte stays that long to listen to Levy's lies - he will get f*ck all again.

Eventually, it will sink in to everyone but Levy. And when the 'Levy Out' chants start again, as they did against United, as they did against Leicester, we will have started the process of unseating Lewis and his henchman, by hook or by crook. :)

As I said from the start - can't lose with Conte, as a club. Either he's backed and we win things, or Levy is a coward as he always is and Conte calls him out on it in public and leaves, which will leave our great chairman with nowhere left to hide.

Levy's chosen the second route. Fair enough.

Elaborate please ?

You think this is a wasted appointment for the club. Based on what?

He wants more, ofcourse he does. He'll want as much as he can get. He probably signed an 18 month contract for that very reason. To put pressure on the board to deliver in the summer.

He's a great manager. The club have backed him by getting rid of 4 of their most valuable players. We brought in 2 good players.

If in the summer we don't get who he wants, i might share your views. Not january though.

You want to see doom, i think it's great.

I've read that "snippet of the conversation" four times, and I don't see the problem, nor that he is calling out Levy.
Four out, two in - he's giving a fact, as to why the window, as he said in that extract, wasn't easy. He says that the squad is weakened "on paper" - which to me isn't the same thing as saying it is weakened in practice. It can't be, because Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dele were adding the sum total of zero, and Gil clearly wasn't seen as ready.
Tottenham's vision of buying young prospects is not something he has just learned about in the last month - it was spoken about when he joined.

I think he has realised it is a tougher task than he thought when he took the job, looking from the outside in at the players we have (had). He probably expected to get more out of them.

I'd prefer to wait for the full interview to be aired rather than a "snippet" before jumping to too many conclusions. I mean, it's not as though Sky would put their own slant on things for the sake of a story.

Klopp was also backed with 150m in funding from the owners, above club-generated funds, above sales, in his tenure - and that's before he ever won his first trophy. Klopp got the most expensive defender in Premier League history, and one of the most expensive goalkeepers in Premier League history.

Conte has been given fudge all, like Poch was given f*ck all for five years where he single-handedly pulled us to within reach of the big time.

And here's a prediction for the summer if by some miracle Conte stays that long to listen to Levy's lies - he will get f*ck all again.

Eventually, it will sink in to everyone but Levy. And when the 'Levy Out' chants start again, as they did against United, as they did against Leicester, we will have started the process of unseating Lewis and his henchman, by hook or by crook. :)

As I said from the start - can't lose with Conte, as a club. Either he's backed and we win things, or Levy is a coward as he always is and Conte calls him out on it in public and leaves, which will leave our great chairman with nowhere left to hide.

Now you're just making up numbers. How much did klopp spend net in the first january transfer window?

For his first season liverpool actually made a profit on transfers.

Last edited:
You think this is a wasted appointment for the club. Based on what?

He wants more, ofcourse he does. He'll want as much as he can get. He probably signed an 18 month contract for that very reason. To put pressure on the board to deliver in the summer.

He's a great manager. The club have backed him by getting rid of 4 of their most valuable players. We brought in 2 good players.

If in the summer we don't get who he wants, i might share your views. Not january though.

You want to see doom, i think it's great.

I stand by my point . It’s an uneasy fit . Not questioning the pedigree of him as a manger.

The comments are already off from him. He’s throwing down the gauntlet to the club with comments like that.

He knows how we operate and club knows how he operates. It just does not feel like a good fit in that sense.

Not seeing doom just yet .

Steven Caulker in his first window
The list of signings before they backed him with most expensive players in the world is quite extensive
And he didn’t complain

I stand by my point . It’s an uneasy fit . Not questioning the pedigree of him as a manger.

The comments are already off from him. He’s throwing down the gauntlet to the club with comments like that.

He knows how we operate and club knows how he operates. It just does not feel like a good fit in that sense.

Not seeing doom just yet .

Fair enough. I think it's great he's throwing down the gauntlet.

I don't expect us to match the spending of city or utd. Or go stupid. But show ambition. We have with his appointment.

I don't expect us to match the spending of city or utd. Or go stupid. But show ambition. We have with his appointment.

Let’s hope so . If not it will get ugly. There’s no doubt about that.

Feels to me like he is washing his hands of anything that may go wrong

My limited understanding is that Joe Lewis is not particularly a Spurs fan and doesn’t pump cash into the playing side of the business. And levy loves to ‘win’ at negotiation. Thusly, a coach like Conte is a challenge as he wants to be backed in his strategy. We shall see who ‘wins’ with this stand off.

We literally just signed a guy from them who has won this titles there - in 5 years he won 7 trophies and he won 3 at Boca too
And he is also younger than the player they replaced him with
And conte literally said last week he now had a more balanced squad
The only change since then is we have lost 2 games whilst he has been manager and he made mistakes in the team set up, which along wit(ph senior pros making individual errors cost us

What are you on about?
In his first summer transfer window he signed Mane and Wijnaldum and also got Matip on a free

Now you're just making up numbers. How much did klopp spend net in the first january transfer window?

For his first season liverpool actually made a profit on transfers.
Actually it’s not made up.
Any cursory check will show you in the transfer windows prior to the Coutinho sale they had paid just under £150m on players including Mane, Wijnaldum, Salah and Robertson

Back