• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Lloris is world class.
Bale and Sandro have potential to be world class.

No one else comes close.

I have always thought BAE has many of the attributes to be world class but what lets him down is his concentration in games. I have always thought he is a brilliant and underrated player if only he could sort that aspect of his game out.

As for whether or not world class players are needed, you need some world class players in your team to consistently be in contention or win the serious competitions i.e PL or CL. Everton will not win either. RVP is so good that he not only bridges the gap between Utd and City on his own but alos surpasses it. The fact that we are lacking in this department Bale and LLoris aside is why we are scrabbling around with Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton rather than competing with the Manchester clubs imo. For us to move on I really hope we sign a world class striker, who like RVP has done at UTD, can take us to the next level.

For me I feel they have hit a glass ceiling, while I thank them for getting us out the mire, they done a fantastic job, I don't think they are able to get us to the next level.

I still have this feeling that the stadium will not be built by Levy/ENIC but our next owners? what does everyone else think? Have I gone off the boil?

Last edited:
short of getting a sugar daddy in i think we'd be extremely unlikely to find a better replacment

- and by 'better' i mean an owner who could smash through the glass ceiling you refer to.

The most probable alternative will be slowly being asset stripped and managed decline, like Villa and Liverpool.

We've actually come a long way in the last decade after the appauling 90s and early 00s. Remember we we're perenial 10-12th placers, with a few relegation scrapes, when they inherited us.

short of getting a sugar daddy in i think we'd be extremely unlikely to find a better replacment

- and by 'better' i mean an owner who could smash through the glass ceiling you refer to.

willing to back the team a little more - I feel last season we were too thin on the ground unfortunately

The most probable alternative will be slowly being asset stripped and managed decline, like Villa and Liverpool. We've actually come a long way in the last decade after the appauling 90s and early 00s. Remember we we're perenial 10-12th placers, with a few relegation scrapes, when they inherited us.

that's one of the risks, I do feel though we are being asset stripped a little now trying to find stadium money

They have undeniably improved the side and the club. You say glass ceiling, but it's an upper limit that keeps getting set higher by other clubs. Only 2 teams in the league can spend what they like, everyone else has to work with what they have or can generate.

willing to back the team a little more - I feel last season we were too thin on the ground unfortunately

i agree, but the transfer window is a balancing act - we managed to bring in 8 players since the end of last season half of which were for the starting XI, it would have been great to get in another 2, but it's not as though we were inactive.

could you give an example of a club who has owners who are doing a better job with what they have to work with than ours?

that's one of the risks, I do feel though we are being asset stripped a little now trying to find stadium money

The stadium money is gonna come from an upfront deal on naming rights for the stadium.
To get a big naming rights sponsorship we probably need to qualify for the champion's league again.

Anyone who thing we are holding money back for the stadium needs to actually look at the accounts and see we are spending every penny we get in.

I'm delighted with Levy. There have been a ton of these threads and discussions and I'm yet to hear a single solid suggestion of a better chairman. Whenever Enic do sell I hope the new owners keep Levy around.

I'm happy with Enic as long as our ambitions are the same as theirs and I think they will be for at least a few more years.

We've moved from mid-table performance and finances closer to Everton and Villa to top five and finances closer to Liverpool. Only United and Arsenal outstrip us based on earned revenue. There is nothing Levy could do about Chelsea and City. Without the last duo we could well be in an established and stable top four with United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

So what are the alternatives? A new owner could be a sugar-daddy, a vulture (like the Glazers, Hicks-Gillett), conservative corporates (the Boston mob, Lerner, Kroenke), speculators (Ridsdale, Scholar), crooks (Portsmouth, Birmingham) or frauds (Portsmouth x 2). Most are not very appealing. Levy-Enic seem to be running things better than their Liverpool and Villa counterparts so the only better option is a sugar-daddy and we are divided on whether that is a good idea.

On the asset stripping issue, what if the following unlikely scenario was offered? Real Madrid come in with £100m for Bale. The money was used with naming rights and property deals to fund the stadium with no long-term debt. Would that be asset stripping or a good investment?

Did not agree with some of their choices of management in the past but we have definitely made big strides forward under Daniel.

On the asset stripping issue, what if the following unlikely scenario was offered? Real Madrid come in with £100m for Bale. The money was used with naming rights and property deals to fund the stadium with no long-term debt. Would that be asset stripping or a good investment?

Could the term "asset stripping" be used about this at all? Doesn't seem right to me, but I have no clue about these kinds of things.

I don't think it would be asset stripping as the stadium would just be a different asset.

That said i would not think it would be a good move. You have to try and stay competitive in the short term as well as think of the long term future.

Could the term "asset stripping" be used about this at all? Doesn't seem right to me, but I have no clue about these kinds of things.

I think it would be asset stripping if they sold Bale for 100m, and then bought a yacht.

If the stadium doesn't get done or start this year then for me we need new owners. They have the money privately to do the stadium, and with a zero interest loan they could have the money back in 10 years with the current SKY deal and increased matchday revenue. That's without the need of naming rights.

Lets get this right, Levy first spoke about this stadium build after he came under fire for the Jol incident in 2008. If this doesn't get done on his watch, for me.. he has mugged us all off by getting us to believe in the stadium idea. We are talking 5+ years since Jol.

For me Lewis has to see this as an investment to increase the value of the asset. Building a stadium would add more value to the club than it would without. But I get the feeling that like the majority of what ENIC has done, they are cheap and want to do it by others paying for it.. TV deals, Fans, Business, and put zero risk onto themselves. Like the Glazers.. boils down to something for nothing.

Levy is a quality chairman..one of the best, but unfortunately he and Lewis are brick owners.

The move to stubhub is another reminder that they care little about the fans. We are just the pawns that pay for there greed.

Last edited:
Back