• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

You can't argue that we've improved under him, but I also think he has been very lucky at times with things not turning out the way he expected but turning out for the better.

The thing is after the Sugar years it wasn't exactly tough to look good and the bottom line is ENIC have been in charge over a decade now and in that time we have one Champion's League campaign to show for it, we are still in the same stadium that Sugar built and we are in a considerable amount of debt (but so are most clubs). We've been superbly consistent over the last few seasons but then the league isn't what it was and year in, year out is a lot more settled than it was the last time we were this competitive. It's harder to be title challengers now than in the 80's but it's easier to be a top six regular.

Ultimately the next three or four seasons will define whether Levy is a success. After burning through Managers like they're witches and then getting rid of our most consistent Manager of the Premiership era despite finishing 4th I think AVB is Levy's last chance saloon. We could have established ourselves as Champion's League regulars if Levy had more faith in his Managers and speculated against future earnings, especially the year we did qualify for the Champion's League (what ever happened to that money?) but we have remained prudent. The prudent approach has a time and place, but if we want to win things then sometimes we have to live up to our motto off the pitch, as well as on it. I'm not sure Levy has it in him to be that necessary risk taker when it comes to trusting Managers with funds.

lets not forget we have won 1 cup in 13 years under them, is that a measure of success!

Sorry, yes I forgot to mention that. Also two final losses which can't really be pinned as a fault of the Board as we lost one on pens and the other because of some bricky refereeing and finishing from Sir Les. Once you reach the final anything can happen in a one off game but you have to be reasonably competitive to reach a final, even that of the League Cup.

He has done when we're in relegation danger, I'll concede that!

If you look back over his time here you'll see he has consistently backed those in charge of the first team - only recall one particularly threatening relegation battle early on so not quite sure what you mean there. he provided our last manager with a team good enough to challenge for the title (which was squandered) albeit done whilst cutting down on transfer fee's (but with higher wages)

Just who are these risk taking Chairman he should be emulating btw?

He hasn't backed AVB so far.

We'll see when the financial results are published I suppose. You can calculate until your head starts spinning based on fees reported in the press, but agent fees (likely to be high with tons of signings), sign on fees and potential costs with new contracts to players already here is part of it.

If we ended up with a substantial profit during AVB's first year in charge then I think a case could be made supporting what you're saying. Although we did change a lot of our team and if the (for now hypothetical) money not spent last summer is spent this summer I think AVB has still been supported.

I urge you to think that one through. Do you genuinely believe the only reason he announced stadium plans to the fans was because of the Jol situation????????

Yes the timing of it all happened at the same time. We were even given press releases from Levy explaining the decision of Martin Jol and how the events happened. Levy doesn't do that sort of thing.. unless he was worried.

I wonder how much money the club has spent on the stadium so far...

Surely Levy hasn't been pouring that money down the drain just to appease the fans?

Edit: And if it has all been a ploy to appease the fans, why the Olympic Stadium push? Everyone would have known that it was going to make Levy and the board less popular. Just to twist the knife a little because he knew he could get away with it?

OK there is progress being made by all the drawings and the land purchases.. but lets be honest the slowness its all happening at is like what has happened so far has come from the Tottenham copper jar.. and adds suggestion that they don't really want to do this out of there own pocket but have too because they set the ball rolling...back in 2008. As I've said we needed this done and started 2 years ago. It seems like they want to do this with the least amount of money input on their part.. but still be rewarded with a Billion pound asset. Similar to the Glazers... and I say fudge off to that, you had your chance, time to get someone who will give the club a interest free loan of 200m with us paying back every penny of that 200m over the next 15 years. I am sick of waiting.

OK there is progress being made by all the drawings and the land purchases.. but lets be honest the slowness its all happening at is like what has happened so far has come from the Tottenham copper jar.. and adds suggestion that they don't really want to do this out of there own pocket but have too because they set the ball rolling...back in 2008. As I've said we needed this done and started 2 years ago. It seems like they want to do this with the least amount of money input on their part.. but still be rewarded with a Billion pound asset. Similar to the Glazers... and I say fudge off to that, you had your chance, time to get someone who will give the club a interest free loan of 200m with us paying back every penny of that 200m over the next 15 years. I am sick of waiting.

First point -> in other words, your solution is the City/Cheat$ki route, Sugar Daddy
Second -> no offense intended, but that comes across very juvenile, some of us have been waiting on Spurs return to Glory for a very long time ...

First point -> in other words, your solution is the City/Cheat$ki route, Sugar Daddy
Second -> no offense intended, but that comes across very juvenile, some of us have been waiting on Spurs return to Glory for a very long time ...

No, did you not read the bit where I said we pay back every penny, as far as I am concerned they want to do this with as little input as possible, if they want that massive asset, they need to help with a loan that we 100% pay back, Lewis would only loose the interest on the loan.. but would recoup with the improved asset. We all win. But no.. it seems they want to win every way.

Yeah OK, I have been waiting 25 years.. some 500+ games at White Hart Lane and not had the experience of winning a championship.. the only way I see it ever happening in my lifetime is building the new stadium and FFP actually working.. what is the point otherwise.. we have a 6 month old.. and to be quite frank.. I'm tinkled bored of the way the game has gone and I am setting my horizons on other stuff other than filling the pockets of someone that wants something for nothing, which is a shame.. but that is the world we live in.

Yes the timing of it all happened at the same time. We were even given press releases from Levy explaining the decision of Martin Jol and how the events happened. Levy doesn't do that sort of thing.. unless he was worried.

Well, it's your opinion mate so I'll leave it at that.

Back