• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Another piece of thinly veiled digs at Levy and Baldini by Stobart. He really is quite bitter about something.

Been quite a while since Stobart got anything right ahead of the curve.

Agree that he's seemed really bitter. For a Spurs fan his negativity this season has been... well... Not unlike what we've seen from some posters on this forum.

if that article is correct than many posters here were wrong about our transfer dealings, and who was accountable. in short levy has raised his hand and accepted blame.

i read it as a bitter report, but not particularly from a bitter correspondent if that makes sense.

these are dire times, we have squandered a load of cash and possibly sold off our better players, and not supported our previous manager properly. nothing easy to write about there, lots of deep changes needed now.

Another piece of thinly veiled digs at Levy and Baldini by Stobart. He really is quite bitter about something.

"He is well aware of recent criticism from supporters in the stands but has only ever acted in the best interests of the club. Mistakes are being acknowledged and corrected: the board know that they cannot keep blaming - and sacking - the manager."

Sounds real bitter...

Not bitter, just pointing our who did what wrong. Perhaps after this bit of introspection the club can move forward.

"He is well aware of recent criticism from supporters in the stands but has only ever acted in the best interests of the club. Mistakes are being acknowledged and corrected: the board know that they cannot keep blaming - and sacking - the manager."

Sounds real bitter...

The constant sniping at Baldini these last few months is though.

Bitter or entirely justified? Depends on who you apportion blame to for the last few windows, really.

I guess, unlike some, I don't have this overwhelming need to attribute every single decision made to someone so that we can blame them.

Few of us have enough reliable information to apportion blame

But we won't ever get that information when it's relevant: at best we'll get it a decade down the line in the Levy memoirs or something. Ergo, the best we can do is appropriate blame based on logical assumptions, given the entirely obvious transfer fiascos of the last few windows. Doesn't necessarily imply being bitter.

I guess, unlike some, I don't have this overwhelming need to attribute every single decision made to someone so that we can blame them.

So bad decisions float in the ether, and mistakes are never learnt from because the angelic fans and hacks like Greg Stobart refrain from blaming the management when they're so incompetent that they screw up spending the club's own money, never mind their own which sits safely elsewhere.

There's nothing we can do as fans but apportion blame for bad decisions made and praise for good decisions made. Else we'll never have an impact on the club's decision making processes, and accountability vanishes. But go on, be holier than thou for all the good it does this club. Sigh.

But we won't ever get that information when it's relevant: at best we'll get it a decade down the line in the Levy memoirs or something. Ergo, the best we can do is appropriate blame based on logical assumptions, given the entirely obvious transfer fiascos of the last few windows. Doesn't necessarily imply being bitter.

So. Using your logic, whose to blame for which of the signings that didn't work out last summer?

So bad decisions float in the ether, and mistakes are never learnt from because the angelic fans and hacks like Greg Stobart refrain from blaming the management when they're so incompetent that they screw up spending the club's own money, never mind their own which sits safely elsewhere.

There's nothing we can do as fans but apportion blame for bad decisions made and praise for good decisions made. Else we'll never have an impact on the club's decision making processes, and accountability vanishes. But go on, be holier than thou for all the good it does this club. Sigh.

Yes. If only fans would complain more the club would be run better? Is that really how it works?

So. Using your logic, whose to blame for which of the signings that didn't work out last summer?

I would hope (or at least, I dare to dream) that the entire forum knows who I believe should be blamed for last summer, and really most of the decisions made in January 2011 and then January 2012 and beyond. Given the happiness of today, I'll let that question lie there, though.

Yes. If only fans would complain more the club would be run better? Is that really how it works?

And if only fans stayed silent the club would instantly become a pinnacle of responsiveness and adaptation to obviously bad decisions, is that how it works?

So when it goes wrong, blame Levy. When it goes right (pre Jan 11) ???

Obviously Redknapp forcing Levy's hand. Apart from the Modric, Bale, Berbatov and Carrick deals done before Redknapp's time, that was more coincidental.

Honestly. I don't think Levy deserves much of the praise or criticism for specific transfers. Seems pretty clear that he lets his footballing men make footballing decisions.

No. But I believe too much support is better than too much criticism.

Too much of either is a bad thing, imo. Our club is run by men who input little, and only use the club's own money to manage the club's own affairs, with their only claim to legitimacy as owners being that they are competent and make good decisions running the club.

When they make good decisions, praise them: when they make bad decisions, criticize them. They don't earn a reprieve, because they don't put much of their own money where their collective mouth is when they make the bad decisions: they just carry on trying to dig themselves out of the hole they put themselves in with their ownership method.

So when it goes wrong, blame Levy. When it goes right (pre Jan 11) ???

Praise Levy. Which I have done, time and again: prior to that window I was actually rabidly pro-Levy, and actually fervently believed all the tosh that we could get to the top via the cheapest method possible. And to this day, I've given credit to him for his ownership in those initial years, which was competent enough to get us out of the hole we were in thanks to Sugar and bring us up to the point where extreme aversion to risk/outside investment could no longer push us upward: i.e, Jan 11, bumping around just below the top four.

Now, ENIC is past its usefulness and has become more detrimental to the club than an owner with bigger pockets and more willingness to spend: moreover, they've ceased to make good decisions, their only redeeming factor given their ownership model. For these reasons, they don't get a shield to deflect blame from my side, and the best I'll give them is a clean, enormously profitable exit after building the eternally delayed stadium and selling up to someone more willing to put his/her money where their mouth is.

Anyway, don't mean to ruin the mood of a pleasant day/evening. I'm happy with the result and our draw: really don't want to have to do more than just fling a comment or two at the AVB disclosures and Levy (by extension).

Revealed: Premier League clubs charge up to £600 for children to be mascots

by James Riach

'More than half the Premier League clubs have been accused of “excluding families from poorer backgrounds” after a Guardian study found that a few of them are charging as much as £450 for children to be mascots, with West Ham United’s the most expensive package at £600.

With the average price of a replica kit for a junior fan costing £65, according to the study, parents faced with forking out for matches over the festive period are having to count the increasing cost of following a top-flight club.

Eleven Premier League teams, most of whom have spent time in the Championship in the past 10 years, ask a fee for being a mascot on matchday. Queens Park Rangers and Swansea City both charge £450 plus VAT for their packages while West Ham’s prices range from £350-£600 depending on the fixture.

The packages vary between £250-400 at Tottenham, £300-400 at Leicester City, £150-425 at Crystal Palace and £330-390 at Stoke. Burnley, West Bromwich Albion and Hull City also charge, while Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s corporate hospitality packages of £3,000-4,000 include mascot places.

Some clubs, including Spurs, QPR and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, do, however, offer a number of free mascot places through competitions and charities. Others do not charge at all: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United, Southampton and Sunderland.
'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/18/premier-league-clubs-charge-600-children-mascots

Thanks again, Dan, for running this club so sustainably. Really warms my heart, our blessed ownership model. Even Arsenal don't charge kids for being mascots. Christ.

I'd like to know how much we spend on the Foundation versus how much we earn from charging kids 250-400 quid a piece to wear our kit and have the privilege of holding a player's hand pre-match. I know we do some good work in the community that we've rightfully earned plaudits for (and credit has to go to ENIC for that, at the very least), but I need to be sure that we spend more on that than we earn from doing...this.

Back