• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

You're forgetting all the days the real Berba didnt turn up and the rest of the team fell apart without him.

But that was part of the beauty of that team. You never quite knew what was going to happen. It was 'sexy'. And I think DubaiSpur is right. Whoever and whenever we were playing, no matter what you thought of our midfield, full-backs etc, we could score from anywhere, anytime, against anyone. Berba & Keane were just unplayable when it all clicked for them. Still remember that 6-4 game against Reading. Ridiculous! We played so badly in that game, but it didn't matter. Because no matter how badly the rest of the team played, Keane and Berba were on fire and Reading just couldn't cope with them.

Was there anywhere in the coverage - just for a split second - a shot of Levy with the hint of a smile on his face?

Conversely, any pics of Arsholavich ?

Bit rose tinted there. Jenas and Zokora were facking awful. If only we'd got Modders in a couple of seasons earlier. And the fact we let Carrick go with barely a whimper still brings me to tears. We should've moved heaven and earth to keep him at Spurs.

A million times this, I loved Carrick, I thought he was that special player who could make us tick for years to come. Carrick and Modric behind Berba and Keane.... Can you imagine?

Carrick had one year left on his contract iirc - hands were tied really. Learned from him and Berbatov though i guess you could say

Two years left, but refusing to sign an extention iirc. £18m or thereabouts for a non-goalscoring midfielder in 2006.

Not that long after losing Judas on a free...

Two years left, but refusing to sign an extention iirc. £18m or thereabouts for a non-goalscoring midfielder in 2006.

Not that long after losing Judas on a free...

This .. thought we got over the "make them stay" after the season of "lets do like Pool" then watch at the first real big side go for Suarez and how long it took.

And because I can't help it .. Carrick can go **** himself ..

levy is doing something right at least

Football-Rich-Clubs_chart.svg

Im guessing by looking at the premier league clubs thats the TV rights deal kicking in? As soon as we have the new ground guess we will immediately jump into top 10

Whats the reason for Napoli's high percentage rise, shake down of the stall holders around the ground?

Im guessing by looking at the premier league clubs thats the TV rights deal kicking in? As soon as we have the new ground guess we will immediately jump into top 10

Whats the reason for Napoli's high percentage rise, shake down of the stall holders around the ground?

I think we'll need to improve a number of revenue s t r e a m s before we break into the top 10. We're currently £50m behind Juve in 10th and the new stadium is unlikely to increase our turnover by more than that. That said, the chances are that the next TV deal will result in another big leap in broadcasting income. And there is always the chance that we might, on occasion at least, qualify for the Champions League.

Napoli's leap was possibly due to CL qualification, I guess.

Anyone else think its a bit odd with Levy going out to Madrid to negotiate? Possible link up with Atletico? Maybe gaining insight into their scouting methods as they have bought and sold some very decent players over last couple of years? Player double deal (Alderweireld & one other Suraez/Turn) or including Soldado in a swap?

From a Southampton fan: "I think we've tried to be clever and get something done on the cheap. Unfortunately Levy got involved and no-one is going to beat him in the sneaky-underhandedness stakes, so it has backfired."

Haha, you have got to love our chairman.

People have complained he has been doing stuff on the cheap

I've heard talk about the club funding Lewis £100m plus yacht

I've heard people say he is robbing the fans

I've never heard a bad word yet by atone genuinely associated with the club other than Graham Roberts (when he was banned) and Steve Perryman when talking about his sacking

Even redknapp says he has a good relationship with him and he is doing his best for the club

Maybe someone else could do better but they would need to put up the £££ to take over and they haven't

I think Lewis is totally useless in his ownership, I have moved my bitterness from Levy towards him this past season. Levy is a good guy who is handcuffed. I do though disagree with Levy on managers hiring and firing stance, but one doesn't know whether it comes from Lewis or not.

Though my faith wobbled a bit around the time of the Jol sacking, I've always been a "Levyite". Clearly he hasn't always got everything right in his time here (hiring AVB and not investing in the January transfer windows of 2011 and 2012 when we were in strong positions are two very big issues I have with him), but I don't see another chairman in the league that would have done a better job for us without cheating their way to the top with oil money.

Player identification and acquisition is not his area of responsibility, but so far it looks as though we've negotiated good prices for the players that we've brought in this summer (if they turn out to be as good for us as they are on paper at least), and the money we've raised for those we've sold has been outstanding. £12m for Paulinho! Are you kidding me? That picture of Levy standing with the Guangzhou chairman was fantastic.

Our best players are tied down to long contracts. We have a particularly young squad featuring a number of homegrown players. We have a highly rated manager who now has his own scouting team in place. We recently opened a world class training facility and it looks as though we have a world class stadium on the way.

The work is far from done this summer - I really hope he does back Poch and sign some good attacking players too. But so far, so very good.

From a Southampton fan: "I think we've tried to be clever and get something done on the cheap. Unfortunately Levy got involved and no-one is going to beat him in the sneaky-underhandedness stakes, so it has backfired."

Haha, you have got to love our chairman.
Oh fudge off that's just football in fact that's just life. Levy is not underhand just a very astute business man. Were people describing abramovich as underhand when they stole willian from us?

I think Lewis is totally useless in his ownership, I have moved my bitterness from Levy towards him this past season. Levy is a good guy who is handcuffed. I do though disagree with Levy on managers hiring and firing stance, but one doesn't know whether it comes from Lewis or not.
The sackings have been may have been made in conjunction with Lewis but Levy would have had a big influence on the decision-making process. I can't say I have disagreed with any of his managerial sackings.

Again from the people I've met and spoken to Lewis never gets a mention . He owns 70% of the club but it's small fry to him in the grand scheme for what he does

He set up the ENIc business financially but left Levy to run it and is very very rarely in the UK for tax reasons

His daughter her may be more involved as rumoured but again I've never heard of ether being mentioned by the people I've met (but they wouldn't have cause too to be fair)

Back