• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Didn't capello resign after the window shut.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16941457

Levy or lewis didn't fancy Redknapp from the start if they did they would have offered him the job around the period when they sacked Hoddle,but only went after him to get them out the **** they created with the Jol fiasco first of all then Ramos......he got us out the mire and in the top four with a top ten budget......the first chance they had they sacked him.So he wanted a new contract after England messed him around so what,not as if did anything remarkable in the previous three years !!!!!!!!

Says it all they went back to a DoF structure with AVB and here were again in the mire. If they sack Poch now we will be a joke club.

Nicely spun!

It was the sixth highest budget.

Like I said I'm a fan of levy, but if you guys believe that better buys than saha and nelson couldn't have earned us an extra point over half a season then its really pointless discussing it from this point onwards.

And yes despite our 11 point lead we needed those reinforcements, hense saga and nelson both playing a decent amount of games.

Like I said I'm a fan of levy, but if you guys believe that better buys than saha and nelson couldn't have earned us an extra point over half a season then its really pointless discussing it from this point onwards.

And yes despite our 11 point lead we needed those reinforcements, hense saga and nelson both playing a decent amount of games.

No we didn't, the players we had were more than capable of avoiding relegation form from the turn of the year until the season ended. If you believe that anything other than Redknapp taking his eye off the day-to-day management of the team, tactics, team selection, fitness assessments, opposition assessments, individual coaching assignments etc because he saw the chance of becoming England manager and had his head turned massively and was distracted by the constant spotlight and press speculation then its really pointless discussing it from this point onwards.

Here's our league results from 11/12:

22 August 2011 Manchester United A 3–0
28 August 2011 Emirates Marketing Project H 1–5
10 September 2011 Wolverhampton A 0–2
18 September 2011 Liverpool H 4–0
24 September 2011 Wigan Athletic A 1–2
2 October 2011 Arsenal H 2–1
16 October 2011 Saudi Sportswashing Machine A 2–2
23 October 2011 Blackburn Rovers A 1–2
30 October 2011 Queens Park Rangers H 3–1
6 November 2011 Fulham A 1–3
21 November 2011 Aston Villa H 2–0
26 November 2011 West Bromwich Albion A 1–3
3 December 2011 Bolton Wanderers H 3–0
11 December 2011 Stoke City A 2–1
18 December 2011 Sunderland H 1–0
22 December 2011 Chelsea H 1–1
27 December 2011 Norwich City A 0–2
31 December 2011 Swansea City A 1–1
3 January 2012 West Bromwich Albion H 1–0
11 January 2012 Everton H 2–0
14 January 2012 Wolverhampton H 1–1
22 January 2012 Emirates Marketing Project A 3–2
31 January 2012 Wigan Athletic H 3–1
6 February 2012 Liverpool A 0–0
........................Fabio Capello quits as England boss 8/2/12........................
11 February 2012 Saudi Sportswashing Machine H 5–0
25 February 2012 Arsenal A 5–2
4 March 2012 Manchester United H 1–3
10 March 2012 Everton A 1–0
21 March 2012 Stoke City H 1–1
24 March 2012 Chelsea A 0–0
1 April 2012 Swansea City H 3–1
7 April 2012 Sunderland A 0–0
9 April 2012 Norwich City H 1–2
21 April 2012 Queens Park Rangers A 1–0
29 April 2012 Blackburn Rovers H 2–0
..........................Roy Hodgson appointed England manager 1/5/12 (the reality is that Redknapp would have known he'd have been unsuccessful before this date - probably pre-dating Blackburn game).........
2 May 2012 Bolton Wanderers A 1–4
6 May 2012 Aston Villa A 1–1
13 May 2012 Fulham H 2–0

So it's not a coincidence that our form turns to total **** between Redknapp being installed favourite for the England job and between Redknapp finding out he has to concentrate on Spurs again.

Also, I have to point out that not only were the players more than good enough not to be so bloody useless inbetween these times, but they WERE GOOD ENOUGH FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL - WE FINISHED 4TH - Who'd have known that the ridiculous curse of spurs would mean we must be the only club in the history of the universe to finish in a CL qualifying position only to have the worst Chelsea team assembled under Abramovich somehow ridiculously fluke their way through a double tie with Barcelona where Chelsea probably scored 3 goals with their only 3 attacks across both legs, whereas Barca failed to score more than 3 goals despite having 100 shots and hitting the post/bar abotu 5 times across both legs, not to mention the ridiculous final that Chelsea somehow fluked a draw out of despite scoring with their one attack all game and Bayern only scoring one goal from about 50 million chances.

NO, but BLAME IT ALL ON LEVY, It's ALL LEVY'S FAULT, IF ONLY HE'D GIVEN REDKNAPP A MANAGER ONLY JUST CLEARED OF TAX EVASION AND WHO MADE IT CLEAR HE'D BUGGER OFF TO MANAGE ENGLAND £40M TO SPEND ON PLAYERS IT WOULD ALL BE ALRIGHT, LEVY IS THE DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Oh, i'd also point out that Saha scored 5 times that season after signing. Considering he was a back-up to Adebayor and Defoe, what are you actually wanting in terms of the impact of a new signing that would have got us that '1 extra point' we needed???? It's unlikely anyone else signed would have been anything other than 3rd choice to Ade and Defoe and would he have contributed more than Saha did? Unlikely.

In summary, we were screwed over by a combination of the England vacancy and the flukiest win in Champions League history. NOthing to do with Levy this one.

NO, but BLAME IT ALL ON LEVY, It's ALL LEVY'S FAULT, IF ONLY HE'D GIVEN REDKNAPP A MANAGER ONLY JUST CLEARED OF TAX EVASION AND WHO MADE IT CLEAR HE'D BUGGER OFF TO MANAGE ENGLAND £40M TO SPEND ON PLAYERS IT WOULD ALL BE ALRIGHT, LEVY IS THE DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

:lol:

Oh, i'd also point out that Saha scored 5 times that season after signing. Considering he was a back-up to Adebayor and Defoe, what are you actually wanting in terms of the impact of a new signing that would have got us that '1 extra point' we needed???? It's unlikely anyone else signed would have been anything other than 3rd choice to Ade and Defoe and would he have contributed more than Saha did? Unlikely.

In summary, we were screwed over by a combination of the England vacancy and the flukiest win in Champions League history. NOthing to do with Levy this one.

When you think about John Terry is the root cause of all our ills. TERRRYY IS THE DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

When you think about John Terry is the root cause of all our ills. TERRRYY IS THE DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

I'm often accused of Machiavellian thinking, but I've never quite lost the feeling that it may have been no coincidence the episode started with a Chelsea player.

No we didn't, the players we had were more than capable of avoiding relegation form from the turn of the year until the season ended. If you believe that anything other than Redknapp taking his eye off the day-to-day management of the team, tactics, team selection, fitness assessments, opposition assessments, individual coaching assignments etc because he saw the chance of becoming England manager and had his head turned massively and was distracted by the constant spotlight and press speculation then its really pointless discussing it from this point onwards.

Here's our league results from 11/12:

22 August 2011 Manchester United A 3–0
28 August 2011 Emirates Marketing Project H 1–5
10 September 2011 Wolverhampton A 0–2
18 September 2011 Liverpool H 4–0
24 September 2011 Wigan Athletic A 1–2
2 October 2011 Arsenal H 2–1
16 October 2011 Saudi Sportswashing Machine A 2–2
23 October 2011 Blackburn Rovers A 1–2
30 October 2011 Queens Park Rangers H 3–1
6 November 2011 Fulham A 1–3
21 November 2011 Aston Villa H 2–0
26 November 2011 West Bromwich Albion A 1–3
3 December 2011 Bolton Wanderers H 3–0
11 December 2011 Stoke City A 2–1
18 December 2011 Sunderland H 1–0
22 December 2011 Chelsea H 1–1
27 December 2011 Norwich City A 0–2
31 December 2011 Swansea City A 1–1
3 January 2012 West Bromwich Albion H 1–0
11 January 2012 Everton H 2–0
14 January 2012 Wolverhampton H 1–1
22 January 2012 Emirates Marketing Project A 3–2
31 January 2012 Wigan Athletic H 3–1
6 February 2012 Liverpool A 0–0
........................Fabio Capello quits as England boss 8/2/12........................
11 February 2012 Saudi Sportswashing Machine H 5–0
25 February 2012 Arsenal A 5–2
4 March 2012 Manchester United H 1–3
10 March 2012 Everton A 1–0
21 March 2012 Stoke City H 1–1
24 March 2012 Chelsea A 0–0
1 April 2012 Swansea City H 3–1
7 April 2012 Sunderland A 0–0
9 April 2012 Norwich City H 1–2
21 April 2012 Queens Park Rangers A 1–0
29 April 2012 Blackburn Rovers H 2–0
..........................Roy Hodgson appointed England manager 1/5/12 (the reality is that Redknapp would have known he'd have been unsuccessful before this date - probably pre-dating Blackburn game).........
2 May 2012 Bolton Wanderers A 1–4
6 May 2012 Aston Villa A 1–1
13 May 2012 Fulham H 2–0

So it's not a coincidence that our form turns to total **** between Redknapp being installed favourite for the England job and between Redknapp finding out he has to concentrate on Spurs again.

Also, I have to point out that not only were the players more than good enough not to be so bloody useless inbetween these times, but they WERE GOOD ENOUGH FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL - WE FINISHED 4TH - Who'd have known that the ridiculous curse of spurs would mean we must be the only club in the history of the universe to finish in a CL qualifying position only to have the worst Chelsea team assembled under Abramovich somehow ridiculously fluke their way through a double tie with Barcelona where Chelsea probably scored 3 goals with their only 3 attacks across both legs, whereas Barca failed to score more than 3 goals despite having 100 shots and hitting the post/bar abotu 5 times across both legs, not to mention the ridiculous final that Chelsea somehow fluked a draw out of despite scoring with their one attack all game and Bayern only scoring one goal from about 50 million chances.

Not saying harry isn't to blame as well. But your post actually contradicts itself. Yes we should have done better despite lack of two quality additions. But two quality additions would have given us more than one extra point... The fact that you are desputing that is laughable.

And no levy is not the devil. Like I said I'm a levy fan. But that window was one of the mistakes he made at our club, another is sacking harry and bringing in the fraud with a weak mentality that is avb. If he decided that harry was to go, we should gone out and got someone with a proven track record Rafa would have been the minimum level of appointment that we should have gone for.

Not saying harry isn't to blame as well. But your post actually contradicts itself. Yes we should have done better despite lack of two quality additions. But two quality additions would have given us more than one extra point... The fact that you are desputing that is laughable.

And no levy is not the devil. Like I said I'm a levy fan. But that window was one of the mistakes he made at our club, another is sacking harry and bringing in the fraud with a weak mentality that is avb. If he decided that harry was to go, we should gone out and got someone with a proven track record Rafa would have been the minimum level of appointment that we should have gone for.

I don't think 2 quality signings would have made any difference 2bh. I colour coded the results for a reason- the massive band of red and black corresponds so nicely with the block of time Redknapp was a possibility for the Engand job.

We had a quality squad with depth in every position. A player like Pienaar who was good enough to start for a top 8 team barely made our match day squad.

There are banks of green either side of the England shenanigans pointing to quality players getting quality results apart from when their manager isn't focused and there is a massive press circus around him.

Its likely that even with the one or two additions Redknapp might have pushed for all our results would have gone to **** anyway. Given the two most heavily linked and realistic targets at the time were Loic Remy and Chris Samba are you honestly telling me those guys coming in prevent the results we see in the band I've demonstrated? Highly unlikely!

It's just as likely that we'd have had the same collapse regardless of who was in the side as the results just turn to **** as soon as Harry is installed as fave for the England job and suddenly recover as soon as Redknapp knows he's not got the job.

I don't think 2 quality signings would have made any difference 2bh. I colour coded the results for a reason- the massive band of red and black corresponds so nicely with the block of time Redknapp was a possibility for the Engand job.

We had a quality squad with depth in every position. A player like Pienaar who was good enough to start for a top 8 team barely made our match day squad.

There are banks of green either side of the England shenanigans pointing to quality players getting quality results apart from when their manager isn't focused and there is a massive press circus around him.

Its likely that even with the one or two additions Redknapp might have pushed for all our results would have gone to **** anyway. Given the two most heavily linked and realistic targets at the time were Loic Remy and Chris Samba are you honestly telling me those guys coming in prevent the results we see in the band I've demonstrated? Highly unlikely!

It's just as likely that we'd have had the same collapse regardless of who was in the side as the results just turn to **** as soon as Harry is installed as fave for the England job and suddenly recover as soon as Redknapp knows he's not got the job.

I guess it's impossible to say really.... However I think that with perhaps just one really top class addition (Tevez for example) we could well have achieved better results against any of Everton, Stoke, Sunderland, Norwich, QPR or Aston Villa... Even just an equaliser against Everton, QPR or Norwich would've done it!

I guess it's impossible to say really.... However I think that with perhaps just one really top class addition (Tevez for example) we could well have achieved better results against any of Everton, Stoke, Sunderland, Norwich, QPR or Aston Villa... Even just an equaliser against Everton, QPR or Norwich would've done it!

Tevez would have made a difference, to any of our seasons we were just short.

However, I may have missed it, but haven't seen anything that suggest he would have moved to us (the fact that he was up for sale does not equal we could have got him)

Tevez would have made a difference, to any of our seasons we were just short.

However, I may have missed it, but haven't seen anything that suggest he would have moved to us (the fact that he was up for sale does not equal we could have got him)

He was in the middle of his fall out with City.... I think Harry could and would've persuaded him if given the opportunity. We were one of the hottest tickets in town at that point. It would've been nice to have tried and found out anyway.

He was in the middle of his fall out with City.... I think Harry could and would've persuaded him if given the opportunity. We were one of the hottest tickets in town at that point. It would've been nice to have tried and found out anyway.

I think we would inevitably have fallen a long way short in wages. He was on something like £200K per week at the time. Not a chance that we could or would have paid that.

Also, I think it quite likely that City would have refused to sell to us. We were, at the time, one of only two title rivals that they had.

I think the above is a complete myth made up by those who want to try to find some sort of fault with Redknapp's management....

I will give you some facts:

In season 2011-2012 when we finished 4th under Redknapp we used a total of 40 players.
23 of those players played more than 10 times.
16 players played more than 20 times.
12 players played more than 30 times.
5 of those players played 40 or more times (Walker - 47 appearances, Bale - 42 appearances, Kaboul - 41 appearances, Modric - 41 appearances, Ekotto - 40 appearances).

Let's contrast the above to a couple of other teams....

Firstly Ferguson at Man Utd:
Man Utd used 35 players that season.
24 of those players played more than 10 times.
17 of those players played more than 20 times.
14 of those players played more than 30 times.
6 of those players played 40 or more times (Evra - 47 appearances, Rooney - 43 appearances, Carrick - 41 appearances, Jones - 41 appearances, Evans - 40 appearances, Nani - 40 appearances)..

Now Mancini at Emirates Marketing Project....
Emirates Marketing Project used only 29 players that season.
20 of those players played more than 10 times
19 of those players played more than 20 times
16 of those players played more than 30 times
7 of those players played 40 or more times (Hart - 51 appearances, Silva - 49 appearances, Aguero - 48 appearances, Barry - 44 appearances, Nasri - 45 appearances, Kompany - 42 appearances, Yaya Toure - 42 appearances,

So we had more players overall getting games than both City and Utd.
We had less players making more than 20 appearances than both of those clubs
Less players making more than 20 appearances than both of those clubs
Less players making more than 30 appearances than both of those clubs
and less players making more than 40 appearances than both of those clubs.

Emirates Marketing Project won the league that year and Man Utd finished runners up.

Myth.... busted!

One of these things, is not like the other thing.

Both Ferguson and Mancini managed their sides for an entire season with full-focus and no distractions. Ferguson had already learnt from past mistakes what distractions can do to you (the Magnier issue and his early retirement announcement having cost Utd at those specific times).

Sorry, there are no excuses. Redknapp ****ed up twice and couldn't be big enough to assume any responsibility.

One of these things, is not like the other thing.

Both Ferguson and Mancini managed their sides for an entire season with full-focus and no distractions. Ferguson had already learnt from past mistakes what distractions can do to you (the Magnier issue and his early retirement announcement having cost Utd at those specific times).

Sorry, there are no excuses. Redknapp ****ed up twice and couldn't be big enough to assume any responsibility.

I think you have completely missed my point. I was responding to the point made about our tail in form being because Redknapp had run the players in to the ground and not utilised his squad. I was proving that he had utilised his squad and rested his players more than than both Emirates Marketing Project and Man Utd had.

Can someone explain this theory that Redknapp took his eyes off the job for the last section of this season? Our decline in form did coincide with speculation that he could land the England job, but what did he actually do?

Did Redknapp stop coaching the team and preparing for games, and instead be on the phone to the FA all day for the best part of three months? Please explain....

Can someone explain this theory that Redknapp took his eyes off the job for the last section of this season? Our decline in form did coincide with speculation that he could land the England job, but what did he actually do?

Did Redknapp stop coaching the team and preparing for games, and instead be on the phone to the FA all day for the best part of three months? Please explain....

:ross: Redknapp stopped coaching the team and preparing for games before he even took the job!

As a motivator, I suspect it would be very hard for Redknapp to get the team firing if his own heart isn't in it.

At the time(Jan 2012) i thought we should have gone for Nikica Jelavić,he was with Rangers and they were wanting to sell to anyone,with fellow Croatian Modric here as well would have been a good link up,just £4 million,but i presume that was way out of Levy's budget !!!

He scored quite a few for Everton in the next few months.

Back