• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Investment company like all owners, doesn't mean he isn't a fan though.

Even as a purely business situation I suspect losing hurts especially to egos at that level.

Nothing to do with fairy fales

People can present facts about him being a poor football man with profit as his goal without having to embellish in order to make him sound like the devil

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

And so under their ownership you can forget about winning anything

he's probably just a guy who came from a Spurs supporting family and went to a few games when he was younger

Again, I doubt the latter, but that's reasonable enough. That's my point, really - people who play up that we're run by an apparent 'Spurs fan' (or a 'lifelong Spurs fan' as he called himself at the same time as he was giving this interview) are overegging it,and it's dubious if that's true.

As for the other bit, I disagree, but I'll leave it at that. There are folks who scrimp and save years to be able to travel around the world to get to a game, and then keep the memories for a lifetime. I know I did, even if the last time I went was us losing limply to Chelsea back in 2019.

It's commitment that the average fan who lives in the UK probably doesn't need to think about, though they show it in different ways (season tickets, away games, etc.).

>he's probably just a guy who came from a Spurs supporting family and went to a few games when he was younger

Again, I doubt the latter, but that's reasonable enough. That's my point, really - people who play up that we're run by an apparent 'Spurs fan' (or a 'lifelong Spurs fan' as he called himself at the same time as he was giving this interview) are overegging it,and it's dubious if that's true.

As for the other bit, I disagree, but I'll leave it at that. There are folks who scrimp and save years to be able to travel around the world to get to a game, and theyes then keep the memories for a lifetime. I know I did, even if the last time I went was us losing limply to Chelsea back in 2019.

It's commitment that the average fan who lives in the UK probably doesn't need to think about, though they show it in different ways (season tickets, away games, etc.).

But who does that? It only ever seems to come up when people are looking for reasons to pile on

But who does that? It only ever seems to come up when people are looking for reasons to pile on

All the time mate. People use it almost as a throwaway, 'we're owned by a lifelong fan'. Sometimes to defend ENIC, sometimes just to highlight what they see as positives in our situation.

I'll tell you what, I'll @ you next time I see it - doubt it will be long.

All the time mate. People use it almost as a throwaway, 'we're owned by a lifelong fan'. Sometimes to defend ENIC, sometimes just to highlight what they see as positives in our situation.

TBF though there are significantly more lies and half truths out there about the owner that are used to hammer home points, I don't even think it's close.

As I've said numerous times I can respect people thinking we have under achieved and have a valid view, the lies and pure bile....na I can't.

TBF though there are significantly more lies and half truths out there about the owner that are used to hammer home points, I don't even think it's close.

As I've said numerous times I can respect people thinking we have under achieved and have a valid view, the lies and pure bile....na I can't.

Not my experience mate, but then, my experience was that there was just not much criticism of Levy or ENIC in general until quite recently.

I've been against them for a long while now, but for the longest time, there weren't too many who shared my views. I didn't mind it, and in the main I was comfortable believing that the tide would turn eventually.

That's happening now, imo. So maybe you're just seeing more trenchant criticism than was the norm?

Not my experience mate, but then, my experience was that there was just not much criticism of Levy or ENIC in general until quite recently.

I've been against them for a long while now, but for the longest time, there weren't too many who shared my views. I didn't mind it, and in the main I was comfortable believing that the tide would turn eventually.

That's happening now, imo. So maybe you're just seeing more trenchant criticism than was the norm?
Been seeing it for years, people have often made stuff up to hammer points home.

The Levy and Enic out contingent have been active for many years, seen and heard loads of it, podcasts have been focused on it for sometime. On here I agree not so much and it's been more pro the board but in the wider world there have been half truths and lies about signings and managers touted about to prove points.

Looking online recently, a host of podcasts reacting to Porro transfer and some of the crap spouted is incredible (example shown) based on lies and wanting to believe the lies because it backs up their point, not many or any will then admit their fault or that they were wrong...only to repeat the same lines about success and trophies when challenged, which of course is true, but no need to make up crap which is my point, people conflating fact with fiction to peddle views when TBH its not needed.

Definitely an air of people believing that not winning things is good enough reason or the only fact needed to make stuff up.

BTW I haven't always agreed with your views but I respect them as you at least stick to the facts as they are, many don't though

0fd708585a83b914bf74d40b25cbc7a3.jpg

Last edited:
]

Please, do

Been seeing it for years, people have often made stuff up to hammer points home.

The Levy and Enic out contingent have been active for many years, seen and heard loads of it, podcasts have been focused on it for sometime. On here I agree not so much and it's been more pro the board but in the wider world there have been half truths and lies about signings and managers touted about to prove points.

Looking online recently, a host of podcasts reacting to Porro transfer and some of the crap spouted is incredible (example shown) based on lies and wanting to believe the lies because it backs up their point, not many or any will then admit their fault or that they were wrong...only to repeat the same lines about success and trophies when challenged, which of course is true, but no need to make up crap which is my point, people conflating fact with fiction to peddle views when TBH its not needed.

Well, you're using social media (outside of this forum I mean), so you have context I don't mate. :p My YT doesn't have anything Spurs on it, because I compartmentalize to maintain my sanity - and I don't use Twitter, FB or social media in general. At worst you would have caught me on Tinder way back when, though Spurs weren't exactly a selling point on there. :D

Definitely an air of people believing that not winning things is good enough reason or the only fact needed to make stuff up.

That's just the modern online space in general, though. Not only social media - journalism has gone the same way where the most dramatic headline sells. Or, alternately, the one that farms clicks - ten years ago that 'YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW HE DID THIS, CLICK HERE' stuff was just spam ads, now it's the style guide for the Graun, Times, Telegraph, CBC..most papers/channels, really.

So, that's one aspect of it,and looking at the two videos you linked, one has 3,400 views, and one has, what, 600? Looks like they need the clicks.

But the other aspect is that a lot of what is dismissed as speculation or half-truth is generally a valid interpretation to have in a space where confirmations of any kind are rare. 90% of what goes on in football, we cannot see - we can only use sources that do have knowledge of those things. In that sense, there's often what I consider equally plausible explanations for why we have turned out as we have, and many don't paint a flattering picture of Levy/ENIC.

BTW I haven't always agreed with your views but I respect them as you at least stick to the facts as they are, many don't though

Thanks mate. I don't always do it - I admit I get emotional and angry as much as anyone else, and let it get the better of me a lot. But what helps is that I genuinely enjoy talking to nearly everyone on here, you included.
So I don't view it as some sort of mission to convert people to my way of thinking - it's a conversation, and my hope is eventually that conversation convinces folks here (one day I'll convince @parklane1 that I do not in fact own a Levy doll :p ).

I think folks who are anti-Levy/ENIC do tend to adopt a tone/approach that is more 'preaching' than 'conversing',and that comes with trying to convince people by any means necessary. It's a natural thing, imo, and a consequence of having been a minority for so long - hopefully as the anti-ENIC views spread and there's less need to 'convince' people, folks (myself included) can be more measured.

It's irrelevant if levy was a fan beforehand or even when he bought us.
I'd put good money on him being one now.
You don't put the amount of work into something that levy has without coming to love it.

Regardless of if he is/was a fan

This is his life work, 22 years to make something better regardless of how people want to measure it is a hell of a commitment.

To think this guy doesn't give a fudge about the club/results at this stage is just disingenuous

With enic as our owner daniel should definitely stay and I am very happy with the munn and paratici appointments. I think they will work very well together once fabio has dealt with his appeals.

I think all fans will come around to being happy for daniel to stay whilst enic is the owner. He just needs to stop being involved in the football side completely and work on the property, third party events, sponsorship, getting investment in to the club etc. He should be very good at that.

But for people to get the message that this is truly how it works now daniel needs to stop making it so obvious he is at games. Just watch out the back or not at all if it works for him. And then maybe a few times a season he could appear in his current seat.

That will really help unite the club and we should start to see the benefits of levy, munn and paratici all in their respective roles as they are all excellent at what they are signed up to do.

I really think we should go all out for de zerbi now. What he has done with brighton is frightening.

Regardless of if he is/was a fan

This is his life work, 22 years to make something better regardless of how people want to measure it is a hell of a commitment.

To think this guy doesn't give a fudge about the club/results at this stage is just disingenuous

I would care so much more if I was going to walk off with a couple of billion after a relatively small investment .... if be the biggest fan.

It don't matter if they are or not fans, or they became fans ... what matters is that under their ownership we have won a single league Cup ... if you are happy for that to be a repeat in the next 20+ years while they continously dither them so be it.

With enic as our owner daniel should definitely stay and I am very happy with the munn and paratici appointments. I think they will work very well together once fabio has dealt with his appeals.

I think all fans will come around to being happy for daniel to stay whilst enic is the owner. He just needs to stop being involved in the football side completely and work on the property, third party events, sponsorship, getting investment in to the club etc. He should be very good at that.

But for people to get the message that this is truly how it works now daniel needs to stop making it so obvious he is at games. Just watch out the back or not at all if it works for him. And then maybe a few times a season he could appear in his current seat.

That will really help unite the club and we should start to see the benefits of levy, munn and paratici all in their respective roles as they are all excellent at what they are signed up to do.

I really think we should go all out for de zerbi now. What he has done with brighton is frightening.
Looks like he has been doing that anyway
Won’t stop fans moaning blaming him for what happens on the pitch

I would care so much more if I was going to walk off with a couple of billion after a relatively small investment .... if be the biggest fan.

It don't matter if they are or not fans, or they became fans ... what matters is that under their ownership we have won a single league Cup ... if you are happy for that to be a repeat in the next 20+ years while they continously dither them so be it.

what else has happened under their ownership?

We have reached finals and challenged for the league under Enic.

Not winning anything isn't just on the owners

I'm sure there are plenty of clubs who would take getting to 5 cup finals in the last 15 years

Screenshot_20230416_201358.jpg

I'm sure there are plenty of clubs who would take getting to 5 cup finals in the last 15 years

View attachment 15418

Yeah its not all doom and gloom especially when you think our model is not to cheat.

I think part of the frustration goes even further back to how bad we were under Sugar when the ingenuity of our recruitment was absolutely pathetic.

People are sad I think at what this club has failed to do since the 91 fa cup final win. Since then the club from a silverware perspective has really stagnated. Personally I think the decline began towards the end of the Bill Nick era. That was our moment to really cement ourselves as a fairly regular league title winner but since then the club has stagnated with some occasional cup highs under Burkinshaw and Venables. But the team never kicked on under either of them or Pleat to go and win a league.

So I think the frustration is actually an accumulation of around 50 years of only occasionally threatening, very rarely doing and never achieving the ultimate and certainly not routinely achieving the ultimate which is what this club should have been doing in these 50 years since the bill nick era.

The blame for that lies with many many different people.

View attachment 15418

That looks decent but let's be honest we were so lucky to get to that cl final, the football league Cup would have been nice.

We have got there without real backing. You cannot disagree with the managers who have pretty much said the same thing. First with Jol after the sale of his strikers and getting Frazier Campbell, the Harry in the jan market when we were flying, then poch with the furniture in the house, followed by Mourinho with a Change in policy to now Conte. ..

Levy is so quick to fire people he needs to have a look at himself ... he's the common denominator

Chelsea were for sale
They were bankrupt
At that point Harding was looking for investment but not a sale. There were very few people in finance who would deal with Bates, he had pretty much run out of people who would work with him in the City of London at the time, I can understand why Levy and ENIC steered clear of Chelsea with Bates. Alan Sugar was a much better bet.

Last edited:
While Levy wasn’t into I suspect he is a Spurs fan now though, just as Su

At that point Harding was looking for investment but not a sale. There were very few people in finance who would deal with Bates, he had pretty much run out of people who would work with him in the City of London at the time, I can understand why Levy and ENIC steered clear of Chelsea with Bates. Alan Sugar was a much better bet.

Had not Harding long since died when Bates was trying to flog Chelsea and Roman bought them in 2003?

Back