• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Everything's incentivised according to bloke I worked with. CL qualification in players contracts (not all of them). There is also a players pool if they qualify which is split between them, last years was 3m+. FA Cup and league cup also incentivised with players bonus pool

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Remember seeing the financials when we qualified with redknapp. The wages (for the club) jumped by 30%.

Dunno what it is now. But it might effect some players. Caring less for cup games. Even if it's only a few percentages.

I dunno. Just speculating.

Just a thought (full blown conspiracy mode, but i'm tinkled). I believe levy said we had the biggest bonuses for players in the prem. I wonder how they are weighted?

If they are heavily weighted for getting a cl place, could that be a reason why our players seem to be lightweight in the cups? Save themselves for league games?

I can't really believe that to be the case (saving themselves), at least not consciously so. But there must be something in the way the players are prepped for games like this that backfires on us. A kind of arrogance that it's a lower league team so we don't have to put in as much effort? Although you'd think we'd have learnt from that by now.

Edit : thinking about it some more, I suppose there will be players not happy that they only get to play in what might be perceived as the "lesser value" games, so that might impact on commitment levels (even though as fans we'd think they should be seeing it as a chance to prove a point).

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place for it. Just found this on YouTube. I remember us being in serious financial trouble and Sugar’s fight with the FA but I never knew the details of what went on. fudge me, how we avoided automatic relegation is a mystery especially after what happened to Swindon around that time. We were in it up to our necks.

I also remember the vitriol directed at Sugar when he fired Venables. While, like most fans, I was on Venables’ side, it was poisonous. I think history has shown that Sugar was right.

Say what you like about Levy and Sugar but we really were run by absolute crooks for a time.

Not sure if this is the right place for it. Just found this on YouTube. I remember us being in serious financial trouble and Sugar’s fight with the FA but I never knew the details of what went on. fudge me, how we avoided automatic relegation is a mystery especially after what happened to Swindon around that time. We were in it up to our necks.

I also remember the vitriol directed at Sugar when he fired Venables. While, like most fans, I was on Venables’ side, it was poisonous. I think history has shown that Sugar was right.

Say what you like about Levy and Sugar but we really were run by absolute crooks for a time.
Sugar was right because he only thought about the business. It was probably needed at the time too

I was always pro Venebles at the time but you learn more and now I'm always thankful for his footballing time but Sugar was huge in saving the club and he was right about Saint Venebles.

Crazy times that the manager had full control of contracts

I was always pro Venebles at the time but you learn more and now I'm always thankful for his footballing time but Sugar was huge in saving the club and he was right about Saint Venebles.

Crazy times that the manager had full control of contracts

So was there an Ardiles sized connection between the financial troubles of Spurs and Swindon?

So was there an Ardiles sized connection between the financial troubles of Spurs and Swindon?
Not sure TBH, probably worth a gander, Hoddle was there for a while too ey but imagine that was after that time, not sure on the timelines of Swindons woes

It’s never gonna happen, but Levy should stay to run the business - at which he is brilliant (if your metric for running a business is making money and raising the profile of a ‘brand’) - and let someone who knows football run the football side. I think @scaramanga is available.

It’s never gonna happen, but Levy should stay to run the business - at which he is brilliant (if your metric for running a business is making money and raising the profile of a ‘brand’) - and let someone who knows football run the football side. I think @scaramanga is available.
Isn't that the situation now with Paratici looking after the football side?
There seems to be lots of improvements since he joined.

Isn't that the situation now with Paratici looking after the football side?
There seems to be lots of improvements since he joined.
But a signing like Spence, which apparently Levy was in charge of, whom conte very publicly said was a ‘club signing’ suggests otherwise.

But a signing like Spence, which apparently Levy was in charge of, whom conte very publicly said was a ‘club signing’ suggests otherwise.
It doesn't suggest otherwise. Conte has repeatedly said that it was a club signing that he agreed with as one for the future.
Club doesn't just mean Levy, it will be the recruitment team.

I have no issue with club signings like Spence.

Good, young, home grown player at a good price.
We need to be doing more of these signings to pad out the squad.

Obviously we were missing the starting RWB that was needed before that signing...

We definitely need a DOF who will oversee the running of the club, from the youth squad to the first team, and not just transfers.

Back