• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

When?
Can’t think of one example myself

started pretty strong against Forest didn't we, when taking injury and suspension into account

and in some of the CL games, which on paper looked easy

last seasons little European thing ended in a whimper with a full strength side iirc

the Leicester game a few weeks ago

started pretty strong against Forest didn't we, when taking injury and suspension into account

Really…. Forrest was debatable about the changes but we did start with loads of defenders
CL you always play a strong side
The point of the competition is it’s the highest standard

last seasons little European thing ended in a whimper with a full strength side iirc

the Leicester game a few weeks ago
You were talking cup games
We left Europe last season we couldn’t finish the group
But as per previous seasons we don’t even take the lesser European competitions seriously

Really…. Forrest was debatable about the changes but we did start with loads of defenders
CL you always play a strong side
The point of the competition is it’s the highest standard

yes, but the narrative was that we'd get the game won early then bring the kids on, only to be labouring 80 mins later because the stars had had a shocker

You were talking cup games
We left Europe last season we couldn’t finish the group
But as per previous seasons we don’t even take the lesser European competitions seriously

the penultimate game, where we failed to win, we went full strength I think and fudged it up, was a long time ago though, may well have misremembered it

yes, but the narrative was that we'd get the game won early then bring the kids on, only to be labouring 80 mins later because the stars had had a shocker
It’s not about brining kids on
We didn’t start kids today did we
It’s about getting a result
We didn’t ever look like scoring today
We were limp as fudge
The games we have looked weakest in are the ones we haven’t started Kane

Wondering what will happen first….Spurs winning another trophy or Richarlison scoring a goal for us
Rucharlison is a weird one
He ain’t a CF even though he play there for Brazil
He is a battering ram of a wide forward
He may have looked Better tonight though if he had decent footballers either side of him

Even if the directive from Dr Evil was play a weaker side (doubtful) playing Moura, Porro and Sanchez down one side was almost gross negligence. Conte could have gone weaker without going full on suicide.

I get told all the time on here Conte knows best, he sees the players all the time, who are we to question....Well he sees them three all the time as we all do, so playing them at the same time away in the cup...that's on him

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

It’s not about brining kids on
We didn’t start kids today did we
It’s about getting a result
We didn’t ever look like scoring today
We were limp as fudge
The games we have looked weakest in are the ones we haven’t started Kane

Yeah, but you could also swap Kane in that sentence for Royal, or Romero and it would also be true.

Kane needed a rest, if he bags another 15 goals this season the game and a half tonight has saved him might be crucial.

Think we went down to ten men in the first half didn’t we? So rather mitigating circumstances.

possibly, don't remember a sending off, but still didn't get the game won early with the full strength team did we

worst of both worlds, don't get players a rest, and still get an embarrassing result

Yeah, but you could also swap Kane in that sentence for Royal, or Romero and it would also be true.

Kane needed a rest, if he bags another 15 goals this season the game and a half tonight has saved him might be crucial.
Not really
Only one of the Lakers you mention scores goals

a goal you stop is worth the same as one you score

Royal has scored almost as many as Kane in the last month too ;)
In cup football it can take one goal
We have gone out conceding that one goal now in our las5 fee fa cup defeats mustering on average 3 shots on target
That’s why we lose as we offer no threat at the important end without Kane and teams grow in confidence knowing we will do fudge all

Was watching the athletic today on youtube. One of the guys was saying spurs can't compete on 3 fronts. Now our squad should have been good enough to win tonight. But he was proven right.

Levy and enics priority will be to get in the cl. Rather than win a league or fa cup. The money is too big. Either you have it or someone else does. They want all clubs to be self sustainable. Which i would want too. Take chelsea and city out of the mix it would be a more level playing field.

I'd like new owners that would want us to go all out and be a success on the field though. Not be risk averse and go for it (not todd boehly though).

But i still can't hate levy for being what he is. Lewis has money. Levys (majority) wealth is a family trust that owns 20% of spurs. He lives within his means.

But we need trophies. It is taking the tinkle now.

Just a thought (full blown conspiracy mode, but i'm tinkled). I believe levy said we had the biggest bonuses for players in the prem. I wonder how they are weighted?

If they are heavily weighted for getting a cl place, could that be a reason why our players seem to be lightweight in the cups? Save themselves for league games?

Just a thought (full blown conspiracy mode, but i'm tinkled). I believe levy said we had the biggest bonuses for players in the prem. I wonder how they are weighted?

If they are heavily weighted for getting a cl place, could that be a reason why our players seem to be lightweight in the cups? Save themselves for league games?

been enough lightweight performances in the league to discount that as a possibility

Everything's incentivised according to bloke I worked with. CL qualification in players contracts (not all of them). There is also a players pool if they qualify which is split between them, last years was 3m+. FA Cup and league cup also incentivised with players bonus pool

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Back