• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I like Levy on the whole so this is not an anti Levy post.

But even spending that money we were speculating and not going after the really top players. Notably Reguilon, Sanchez, Lo Celso and Ndombele had never played in the prem, so were actually gambles. With Kulu we tried before buying.

I think we should go back to the approach where we sign players who are young and hungry with price tags to match. We had such success in the just below top level players withVerts, Eriksen etc.

Would also like us to scout the Asianmarket like Brighton did, sign a player then loan him out to get used to European football.

I don't want us to just spend money but use it wisely. Would not care if we broke even every year on transfers. Also we need to resign dennis cirkin.

Gil, sarr, undogie, lankshear fit the bill though don't they?

I like Levy on the whole so this is not an anti Levy post.

But even spending that money we were speculating and not going after the really top players. Notably Reguilon, Sanchez, Lo Celso and Ndombele had never played in the prem, so were actually gambles. With Kulu we tried before buying.

I think we should go back to the approach where we sign players who are young and hungry with price tags to match. We had such success in the just below top level players withVerts, Eriksen etc.

Would also like us to scout the Asianmarket like Brighton did, sign a player then loan him out to get used to European football.

I don't want us to just spend money but use it wisely. Would not care if we broke even every year on transfers. Also we need to resign dennis cirkin.
Would rather see a mix, a couple of players ready now and a couple of relatively cheap punts on young players every season.

Gil, sarr, undogie, lankshear fit the bill though don't they?

Lanskear is in the same bucket as Devine and the Chelsea kit - complete punts

I think they're separate to Gil, Sarr, Spence etc

But agree that we should be signed 1-2 young uns per year alongside more first team ready players

was replying for "a few more punts"

but since you're quoting across a longer period, i think its fair to say that the current state of the team to date has to include the three seasons where we went with zero transfers and the other teams continued to refresh theirs. During those windows we took funds out of football to fund the stadium; would be nice to see enic postpone the completion of a cinema to get a bastoni and few others especially last transfer window, when we still have a fighting chance for top four.

We're the 4th biggest spenders in europe over the last 4 years.

Over 500 million spent on players since 2019 when the stadium was completed. Yet we still start with Lloris, Dier, Davies, Kane and Son. Mind boggling.

but since you're quoting across a longer period, i think its fair to say that the current state of the team to date has to include the three seasons where we went with zero transfers and the other teams continued to refresh theirs. During those windows we took funds out of football to fund the stadium; would be nice to see enic postpone the completion of a cinema to get a bastoni and few others especially last transfer window, when we still have a fighting chance for top four.

That is the most ridiculous argument i've ever heard. By that logic enic could spend a billion £ every season for the next 10 years but it wouldn't be good enough because in one summer (5 years ago) they didn't spend.

The stadium, training ground and player lodging’s absolutely, unequivocally are football related expenses.

'Completion of a cinema'....I don't think they've even started it yet. :)

Undoubtedly the transfer funds will be used to build it:rolleyes:

Pitch perfect EnicOut twitter think tank gonad*s

'Completion of a cinema'....I don't think they've even started it yet. :)

Undoubtedly the transfer funds will be used to build it:rolleyes:

Pitch perfect EnicOut twitter think tank gonad*s
We haven’t completed or even started any of those things
We do have a community football pitch for small games behind the south stand though

The point I was making was that with this core of players already, we have wasted 500m on really poor recruitment.

Undoubtedly some have been poor but you have quoted the old guard without acknowledging the actual signings like Romero, Porro, Deki, Bentacur, Richarlson etc

That is the most ridiculous argument i've ever heard. By that logic enic could spend a billion £ every season for the next 10 years but it wouldn't be good enough because in one summer (5 years ago) they didn't spend.
You misread me again.
Let enic quote transfer figures but include those years where we severely underspend.
You have fallen the old statisticians trick where they pick the data that suits their cause

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back