• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I know a few Utd fans that have or had season tickets and they have painted a different picture of it and most reports say a lot of work is needed.

Yep.

I have several nephews who are/have been S/T holders for years at O/T, when i am up that way i have also been there many times. Its in a poor state in several places and when it rains ( which it does a lot up there) a lot of the fans get wet because of the poor state of the roof in places. Its a mess and it will take a lot of work ( money) to mke it right.

I know a few Utd fans that have or had season tickets and they have painted a different picture of it and most reports say a lot of work is needed.
Go there yourself and judge instead. Of course it's not the Tottenham Hotspur stadium but it is absolutely still fit for purpose as a football stadium and, as I've already said, brings in the highest/second highest revenues of all PL clubs. The corporate offering is certainly decent and compares favourably to most PL offerings (ours excepted).

Man Utd could spend absolutely zero on their stadium other than upkeep and still bring in the second highest matchday revenues in the PL. Considering non matchday revenues are likely to race ahead of matchday in the future I'm not sure it would make a huge amount of sense for them to do what we did and rebuild (I'm not sure the financial upside for them is worth it in the same way it was for us considering our relatively small previous capacity).

Depends on the extent of the work they do and the debt there already. They generate enough that they will be able to afford to pay off/restructure current debts relatively quickly if they want and then look to fund the stadium with more long term debt once the Glazers aren't taking their cut out.
An Arab billionaire would clear the debt instantly
And also find the stadium development
You won’t United for profit

An Arab billionaire would clear the debt instantly
And also find the stadium development
You won’t United for profit

Depends how rich they are. The debt currently stands at £780m. That would be on top of the alleged £6bn bid for utd (unless it was taken into account). Another billion on the stadium.

They'd need deep pockets, which some do have.

United ground is an absolute shambles now, old, falling apart, seating is crumbling, everyone associated with the club recognises its need to be uplifted. I did a tour for work and it was horrendous, mould, crumbling plasterboard walls, changing rooms tiny with sbarely room for players.

They needed 200m to do a renovation and repair roofing and their owners bloked it at the time, not sure if it's been done now but caused uproar at the time

It's a brick tip

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

United ground is an absolute shambles now, old, falling apart, seating is crumbling, everyone associated with the club recognises its need to be uplifted. I did a tour for work and it was horrendous, mould, crumbling plasterboard walls, changing rooms tiny with sbarely room for players.

They needed 200m to do a renovation and repair roofing and their owners bloked it at the time, not sure if it's been done now but caused uproar at the time

It's a brick tip

Had the "joy" of going last season with a united mate of mine ... the whole place was old, tired and looked dilapidated. The seats were tiny, the floors were grubby ... reminded me of the time I broke into my old school, that had been closed down for 20 years and left to rott.

It's going to take more than a refurbish jobbie to turn it around ... its old and not in the charming way

OT needs to be flattened and rebuilt. They should threaten the city with leaving, they can probably get most of it paid for by the local council.

Had the "joy" of going last season with a united mate of mine ... the whole place was old, tired and looked dilapidated. The seats were tiny, the floors were grubby ... reminded me of the time I broke into my old school, that had been closed down for 20 years and left to rott.

It's going to take more than a refurbish jobbie to turn it around ... its old and not in the charming way
It's an absolute tip, also, and I know it's not all about th3 food and drink, but the beer is absolutely rank and run out of stalls that look third world and is ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Go there yourself and judge instead. Of course it's not the Tottenham Hotspur stadium but it is absolutely still fit for purpose as a football stadium and, as I've already said, brings in the highest/second highest revenues of all PL clubs. The corporate offering is certainly decent and compares favourably to most PL offerings (ours excepted).

Man Utd could spend absolutely zero on their stadium other than upkeep and still bring in the second highest matchday revenues in the PL. Considering non matchday revenues are likely to race ahead of matchday in the future I'm not sure it would make a huge amount of sense for them to do what we did and rebuild (I'm not sure the financial upside for them is worth it in the same way it was for us considering our relatively small previous capacity).

Its the loss of potential incremental revenue they miss out on, their numbers are based on the fact they are larger in numbers and they are still Man United, not their quality which ranks low to all their rivals. Our value is not about just quantity but quality which means we can also charge more. If they improved their hospitality and fan F&B offering they could earn more, their income figure would not just sit still if they improved, it would go up drastically.

Some of the hospitality suites are like canteens, its so poor

Its the loss of potential incremental revenue they miss out on, their numbers are based on the fact they are larger in numbers and they are still Man United, not their quality which ranks low to all their rivals. Our value is not about just quantity but quality which means we can also charge more. If they improved their hospitality and fan F&B offering they could earn more, their income figure would not just sit still if they improved, it would go up drastically.

Some of the hospitality suites are like canteens, its so poor

How much more could they earn though? They're not in london. People are on less wages and they have less multinational corporate to attract. They might pack in another 20k season ticket holders in but how much is that worth? £15m a year? With interest rates what they are they'd have to probably earn an extra £30-40m a year to make it worth it. Which might be possible. I don't know.

How much more could they earn though? They're not in london. People are on less wages and they have less multinational corporate to attract. They might pack in another 20k season ticket holders in but how much is that worth? £15m a year? With interest rates what they are they'd have to probably earn an extra £30-40m a year to make it worth it. Which might be possible. I don't know.

Not sure how much more but it just stands to reason to an extent, you improve your offering you can charge more. My point is there income is not based on their quality its the brand and the quantity.

In terms of the money what you say is true of the area as a whole but there are certainly affluent areas in Knutsford, Cheadle, Altrincham etc who are their target and can afford it. Also Man United is a destination for out of towners more than we will ever be because of their history. Talking about Corporate hospitality here, not GA

Their overall offering at old trafford does not match their brand, everyone complains about it

https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-...transfer-business-conte-future-rare-interview

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy has declared that he is doing everything he can to provide Antonio Conte with “the best players we can afford.”

But, speaking on the Premier League production Daniel Levy: Building a Home, the chairman has insisted that he only wants the best for the club, despite them winning just one trophy – the 2008 League Cup – during his tenure.

He said: “I think when you are involved in football the one thing [is] we all want to win, not everyone can win.

“It is very very difficult, we are not in control of what happens every time there is a game. All we can do is give the manager the best players that we can afford.

“Inside there is real emotion. I am just being respectful for the opposing team around me. If we lose, it ruins my whole weekend. If we play bad, it is even worse. If we win, it is great.”

How much did it cost though? Abramovich was still having to fund chelsea £90m a season.

Exactly that, and TBH as I said before, they signed more duds then successes before so you lose long term on the paid v received and who is going to pay a premium to loan crap? You end up having to pay part the wages for the big loan losses

City got one.

It’s really common in the US.

We got a fair amount of grease on the wheels to not move to Stratford too.
City's was already built for the commonwealth games.

In the US the NFL teams tout themselves to other Cities and happily move if one shows favour.

Levy had to stoop to organising riots to get the leverage he needed.:)

Back