• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

'Completion of a cinema'....I don't think they've even started it yet. :)

Undoubtedly the transfer funds will be used to build it:rolleyes:

Pitch perfect EnicOut twitter think tank gonad*s
You need to invest before it's built. Go look at thfcs fixed asset growth after the stadium was completed.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

You misread me again.
Let enic quote transfer figures but include those years where we severely underspend.
You have fallen the old statisticians trick where they pick the data that suits their cause

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

The club pointed out the time frame they were describing. "Since opening the stadium in April 2019 we have spent more than £500m putting us in the top quartile of spending in the Premier League".

That's not a trick. It was obvious that they didn't include the seasons of less spending. If people were "tricked" by that to thinking that we've been in the top quartile of spending for longer than that it's their reading comprehension that is deserving of criticism, not Levy or ENIC.

Giving descripte statistics for a time period limited to a period after a significant change of circumstances isn't a trick.

It would be a trick if an intentionally selected time frame was presented as something that's true over a greater time frame through misleading or false descriptions or a lack of adequate descriptions. That wasn't the case here.

The revenue trend vs Arsenal and Chelsea is interesting:

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch...31-a20b-4eb4-8266-cb2267b58e3a_2234x1896.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F85a02c31-a20b-4eb4-8266-cb2267b58e3a_2234x1896.jpeg

He's got this bit a little wrong hasn't he?....
'However, broadcasting fell £53m (26%) from £207m to £154m for two reasons: (1) competing in the Europa Conference instead of the Europa League; (2) the prior year included some revenue deferred from 2019/20, as the season was extended beyond the club’s accounting close.'

Isn't the main factor here the fact that Premier League broadcast revenues were from year 2021/22 were pulled into year 2020/21 to ease the burden of covid somewhat?

'However, broadcasting fell £53m (26%) from £207m to £154m for two reasons: (1) competing in the Europa Conference instead of the Europa League; (2) the prior year included some revenue deferred from 2019/20, as the season was extended beyond the club’s accounting close.'

Isn't the main factor here the fact that Premier League broadcast revenues were from year 2021/22 were pulled into year 2020/21 to ease the burden of covid somewhat?
I thought so and the club alluded to that in their information

Getting champs league is so important for the painful rebuild ahead. I also think kane has to go rather then be allowed to run out the final year of his contract. 80m for him even from a rival is so important.

we really need to try and improve the selling players. Funny if we had focused on the domestic market for signings we probably would have been able to shift a few more. It is one reason I wanted us to sign Eze and Bowen, even before the pandemic uk players were easier to sell.

Patraci has done a decent job with signings and also loans out and while I know Europe has an issue with a lack of money. We have to many players we need rid of.

I haven't done a big detailed look at things (like I did last year to predict this year's revenue) but from a cursory glance I think our revenues for this season will be over £530m even if we exit the CL in this round.

Something that is rather concerning though is how much non wage costs have shot up. We can basically see that the cost of operating the stadium is a whopping £60m. If we add the interest payments to that then the upside from the stadium isn't as good as I had hoped. We can see from the accounts that the stadium matchday revenue was worth £106m and that commercial revenue went up by £31m since the previous year (though likely around £15m of that was from the new sponsorships). Thus the new stadium would seem to be responsible for around £40m of profit.

TV revenue is falling under the new deal too

No as he says. 19/20 games were suspended due to covid, so they didn't get tv revenue till the games were played, which pushed it into the next seasons financials for us (year ending june). Some clubs are different ending their financial year in may or july. So 20/21 figures were slightly inflated

Last edited:
I haven't done a big detailed look at things (like I did last year to predict this year's revenue) but from a cursory glance I think our revenues for this season will be over £530m even if we exit the CL in this round.

Something that is rather concerning though is how much non wage costs have shot up. We can basically see that the cost of operating the stadium is a whopping £60m. If we add the interest payments to that then the upside from the stadium isn't as good as I had hoped. We can see from the accounts that the stadium matchday revenue was worth £106m and that commercial revenue went up by £31m since the previous year (though likely around £15m of that was from the new sponsorships). Thus the new stadium would seem to be responsible for around £40m of profit.

Looks like. Extra £60m from cl tv revenue so far (including milan). Extra match day from cl games and attendence (over conference). Plus all the extra events. So i'd agree £530 is a good guess. Going further in the cl may push it higher.

Yeah I thought the same thing. Stadium is starting to feel more like a burden than a boon, if my understanding of the figures is correct!

UK ones are falling slightly. The others may have increased marginally, but I think the sense is they've pretty much saturated.
No. The new 3 year domestic deal has the same monetary value as the previous 3 year deal (you could argue it has fallen if considering inflation but I don't think you were getting at that). The new 3 year overseas deal is 25% higher than the previous 3 year deal. The overseas deal is now financially equivalent to the domestic deal. While the domestic deal has probably reached saturation that is unlikely to be the case with the overseas deal.

Getting a stadium sponsor in will help in the years we miss out on champs league, not completely cover it.

Need to get some high wage earners off the bill.
Son and Dier are not worth their wages and best not to think about the boys out on loan.

Back