• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

i've suggested above -
- postpone conservative investments and debts on hotels and residences that pays out decades later
- invest in short term higher risk success on the pitch now.

it might be too late now, as we have such huge debts, you've gotta to ask how much leeway Enic has vs. the banks?
is it approprioate to say that the banks own spurs now? and that enic has to abide by the bank's demands - espeically with uncertain global economic conditions ahead?
You mean borrow money and get in more debt to buy players …
Enic are abiding by the bank demands. We pay the loan as required

sure but the higher the risk, the higher the return.
the lower the risk the lower the return.

it seems that you are risk averse and fully bought into enic's low risk low return stratgy.
perhaps it comes down to how long before we think THFC wins something.
I’m lost
On one hand your talking about or debt being an issue
On the other your saying we should get in more debt to buy players
You can’t have both
Debt has to be secured on something
I’m not risk adverse. I have an understanding of borrowing and security. My property business has a few issues on that front as how prices have crashed and we have some security issues.

It’s interesting very few people commenting on the debt talk about paying it down.

But I am in the same position with my household finances. I can pay off my interest only mortgage early but actually I can get a better return on the money over and above the interest I pay on it.

Shame in a way it’s not £1200 million (although it felt like that at the outset).

Inflation also eats away at the real value of debt and I believe Spurs have bonded their low interest rates to the longer term - 20 years iirc. So come 2040 when the bank comes calling for their money we should easily be able to stump it up from inflated revenues.

Edited amount of debt

We've already paid off £600m of the cost (of stadium and training ground).

E0han5iWUAMOxNl.jpeg
FE8NZIqXIAYZZZ0.jpeg

can we afford to spend more on layers?
can we manage to do what other clubs do more than we are doing now?
its a restricted model and its self funding but has enic found the best way? or is there another within the same constraints?
i've never said we haven't bought any players but i keep saying we don't invest enough to keep us comfortably competing in top four - i don't get why you don't register this point.

We are one of the biggest spenders of players in europe in the last few years. Just we've spent badly. We have £250m of players we bought on loan. (From ally gold, couldn't be arsed to fact check).

We are one of the biggest spenders of players in europe in the last few years. Just we've spent badly. We have £250m of players we bought on loan. (From ally gold, couldn't be arsed to fact check).
It’s less than that
About £190m I make it
And 2 of them will come back to us to play
5 will leave and we have a decision to make on Gil
Add in players like Moura who will leave and Sanchez who will go along with Tanganga and our lack of success selling is an issue

It’s less than that
About £190m I make it
And 2 of them will come back to us to play
5 will leave and we have a decision to make on Gil
Add in players like Moura who will leave and Sanchez who will go along with Tanganga and our lack of success selling is an issue

Hard to sell when the majority of european teams have no money. Surprised that no prem teams have come in for some or we haven't taken offers if they have.

Hard to sell when the majority of european teams have no money. Surprised that no prem teams have come in for some or we haven't taken offers if they have.
Would you want them though…
No one came in for them it seems
Lo celso only seems to be excel in Spain. Surely we can get £15m for him
Tanguy is doing poor to average at Napoli but we have the rumoured CL caveat there. I’m not sure if that true or not but £25m for him would be a great deal for us now
Gil.. what can we get back for him…
Reggie.. same again. Both are £20m plus players in the prem but in other leagues it’s half that
You hope that winks and rodon would get prem moves and get £10m each but nothing would surprise me again

in theory there is £50m plus there in unwanted players

add in ones that will be unwanted in the summer like one or 2 CBS and it’s a lot of heavy lifting to sell.

but I think we can get in £60/70m which would cover kulu and Porro as cash deals

when I did my numbers years ago around the new ground I had us with £150m plus profit without Cl. So we should, in theory be able to invest in 3 too quality players possibly 4
And we know we want a keeper, at least one CB and another forward which could be Danjuma

That would be a huge transformation of the squad in 2 seasons

Would you want them though…
No one came in for them it seems
Lo celso only seems to be excel in Spain. Surely we can get £15m for him
Tanguy is doing poor to average at Napoli but we have the rumoured CL caveat there. I’m not sure if that true or not but £25m for him would be a great deal for us now
Gil.. what can we get back for him…
Reggie.. same again. Both are £20m plus players in the prem but in other leagues it’s half that
You hope that winks and rodon would get prem moves and get £10m each but nothing would surprise me again

in theory there is £50m plus there in unwanted players

add in ones that will be unwanted in the summer like one or 2 CBS and it’s a lot of heavy lifting to sell.

but I think we can get in £60/70m which would cover kulu and Porro as cash deals

when I did my numbers years ago around the new ground I had us with £150m plus profit without Cl. So we should, in theory be able to invest in 3 too quality players possibly 4
And we know we want a keeper, at least one CB and another forward which could be Danjuma

That would be a huge transformation of the squad in 2 seasons

Need a replacement for moura aswell. 4 players of good quality in the summer would be my wish. Although i'd really love a world class cm.

Pace with who?
You really make it sound like we’re brick and not spending

No, we’re brick but we are spending. The point being we have to spend more to stand still, and our improving revenues are not moving us forward because for all that improvement we live in a world of bigger beasts.

I don’t need to name them it’s plain as your nose whom we cannot outspend.

And clubs like Spurs and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will have to challenge them to keep pace with the other English clubs.

So you want a nation state to own us? They're the only ones that can compete over a number of years. Unless the new spending rules are properly enforced and bs sponsordhip deals punished. If that happens though, we can compete.

No, we’re brick but we are spending. The point being we have to spend more to stand still, and our improving revenues are not moving us forward because for all that improvement we live in a world of bigger beasts.

I don’t need to name them it’s plain as your nose whom we cannot outspend.
Yep
So how do we fix that?
We
Can’t outspend countries
United have more money coming in than by any side
Pool will be sold to a country soon
Chelsea have an utter in charge throwing money around like he is in a strip club
Who how do we do it?

Need a replacement for moura aswell. 4 players of good quality in the summer would be my wish. Although i'd really love a world class cm.
Yeah I agree
It’s possible we may look in-house for that though
Danjuma could be one option that may well do that
We want the 2 new Cbs, a keeper and a striker anyway

So you want a nation state to own us? They're the only ones that can compete over a number of years. Unless the new spending rules are properly enforced and bs sponsordhip deals punished. If that happens though, we can compete.

I don’t think there are any nations left who might want to play that game.

Yep
So how do we fix that?
We
Can’t outspend countries
United have more money coming in than by any side
Pool will be sold to a country soon
Chelsea have an utter in charge throwing money around like he is in a strip club
Who how do we do it?

No idea, it’s probably not possible!

Looking back at our business over the last couple of years, since the stadium was completed and started generating real revenue...

What kind of spending would those unhappy with the money spent under Levy in recent years be happy with? Double? Triple? 50% more? How much more would be enough?

Or is it just complain about spending until we win a major trophy?

Back