• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

That is patently ridiculous? Levy has a history of low balling clubs, it is definitely not Mourinho's fault if he identified a player and Levy refuses to sign him.

He has, agreed but Jose also in court for bullying female staff and his general antics over the years have been that of an absolute cnut....now he is being heralded as a beacon of truth .... purleeeease

2011 and Tevez was 30m and on 200k a week, people talk like it was a free we turned down

Wasn't he dtill part owned by kia joorabchian? Hence sheff utd sueing west ham? Or is that the wrong year?

Don't get me wrong tevez and mascherano would have been perfect for us at the time.

Wow metalgear, that's the most positive post you've added to this forum in years. Nearly actually positive!

call it as i see it.
i've been stubbornly positive on royal (as a defender) but no one remembers :)
i've been negative about dier from early this season but don't have to now as many have caught on now.

come on man, let’s be honest here most spurs fans would have wanted gone if he finished 8th twice.

the Enic boys would have screaming even louder then they are now.

i'm not so sure. a lot of guys here would support "the right business model" and Arsenal were actually playing some very attractive football, just could not defend a lead . saka was coming through as a fantastic young prospect too - fearless and effective at 17? lots of jokes about plastic legoman though.

that is Mou saying he was key down
He also does that
A great manager would have made the club buy the player
Always two sides too the story

This was in the 20/21 summer transfer window?

When we paid more than that for Rodon and despite covid restrictions spent quite a lot of minty overall.

Yeah, if the manager knew that Kim would be great push for that signing rather than one of the others perhaps.

When we paid more than that for Rodon and despite covid restrictions spent quite a lot of minty overall.

Yeah, if the manager knew that Kim would be great push for that signing rather than one of the others perhaps.
That’s how I see it
The club would buy a £10m player if the manager wanted him
They would love that

I quite believe Jose tbh. He clearly didn't rate Rodon, we needed a CB he was clear we needed a CB yet he never played Rodon. Much like Conte never selects Spence. Again the player profile reeks of being a club buy. Young British etc. He fits that model and the coach never played him. It's no leap to say he did not want him and did not choose him?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Was he
I went to his debut
He scored a couple IIRC
He was broken way before we signed him. The previous season he'd only managed 18 games and 1 goal. The season before was better at 22 appearances and 7 goals but he was very clearly on the physical decline. All those years in the treatment table had meant he couldn't run anymore and he'd lost quite a bit of upper body strength.

I remember at the time saying he was a bad buy due to his very obvious physical impairment. He then went on to make 10, 11 and 6 appearance seasons before retiring. The man was done the season before we even bought him.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Think it's fair to say Rodon was a club buy - i think the point being made was that we had money to spend on a cheap defender that window, along with the rest of the money spent so the idea we wouldn't splurge on a player that went to Fenerbache for 3m is a bit fanciful
It’s pure Mou

Back