• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Look all strikers will miss chances, every striker will have good and bad games. But a strike rate of 1 in 2 is far better than any thing we have and like Steff says Ade is not the problem at the moment. If we are making 10 chances and he is missing all of them fair enough. But he is getting grief for missing 1 chance. The problems in our team are we are not creating enough chances, and we cannot defend properly. All this anti Ade stuff is a distraction from our real problems. Create more chances for Ade and soldado and they will score. That' s what we need to work on and stopping chances at the other end which has been our problem since the start of last season.

That's not entirely true, granted he's not missing chance after chance, but he's missing them nonetheless, should have had 2 today and it is PARTLY costing us. The one against Liverpool, the two today. That coupled with his poor effort in certain situations, like when Eriksen slid the ball through to him.

Even when he played for Arsenal and chances were being created for him left, right and centre, he still missed plenty. And their fans will tell you, he just doesn't quite do enough considering how good he CAN be.

I really would like to see Soldado being given 8-10 games to show what he can do. He got half a season last campaign and I hope he won't be shown the door come January because I believe his overall play around the box is superior and his finishing is also better.

EDIT: Maybe I'm too idealistic, but I believe there must be better strikers out there, that we could attract who would improve our team. I could name a few off the top of my head, but surely our scouting system must be able to unearth someone better?

Last edited:
That's not entirely true, granted he's not missing chance after chance, but he's missing them nonetheless, should have had 2 today and it is PARTLY costing us. The one against Liverpool, the two today. That coupled with his poor effort in certain situations, like when Eriksen slid the ball through to him.

Even when he played for Arsenal and chances were being created for him left, right and centre, he still missed plenty. And their fans will tell you, he just doesn't quite do enough considering how good he CAN be.

I really would like to see Soldado being given 8-10 games to show what he can do. He got half a season last campaign and I hope he won't be shown the door come January because I believe his overall play around the box is superior and his finishing is also better.

EDIT: Maybe I'm too idealistic, but I believe there must be better strikers out there, that we could attract who would improve our team. I could name a few off the top of my head, but surely our scouting system must be able to unearth someone better?

The problem though is not our strikers per se but our lack of creating clear chances. Putting in Soldado for Ade will achieve nothing IMO because the inherent problem is systemic. We cannot berate strikers for missing the odd chance even sitters. Our striker problem mirrors our defensive problems. I said that getting rid of Dawson alone will not sort out our defence. The same will apply to Ade.

The problem though is not our strikers per se but our lack of creating clear chances. Putting in Soldado for Ade will achieve nothing IMO because the inherent problem is systemic. We cannot berate strikers for missing the odd chance even sitters. Our striker problem mirrors our defensive problems. I said that getting rid of Dawson alone will not sort out our defence. The same will apply to Ade.

You may be right, but I honestly don't believe Adebayor's overall play warrants a place in the side at the moment. I really don't think it would do that much harm to give Soldado a few games at least, we've invested too much money in him to simply decide he isn't the answer and persist with Adebayor.

I am done for real this season until he isn't in the starting line-up. Simply had enough... simply just had enough.. gave him the chance last year, not this. So ****ed off right now. Tried to calm down a little after the game by not coming on here.

Gonna go support the U-21s instead. Ticket on stubhub.

It was an odd performance from Ade today. In some games he runs around like crazy, runs the channels, puts in a proper shift. Today he was very static when we had the ball in midfield. When he did make runs they were in straight lines, directly towards their goal. Right near the end he finally managed to win a ball in the air and head it in behind, and then had the cheek to complain that no one was chasing it! I don't know what motivates him to play one week and not another. I don't think he does. For all his obvious talents, we could do better by getting a player less talented but more consistently motivated.

And for a big man, he is surprisingly useless in the air, or at holding the ball up.

Ade is the focal point of our team and when he isn't at it we look decidedly ordinary.

The three behind him are all decent players but need Ade linking up and moving for them as unfortunately none of them are Bale with the ability win a game with a bit of magic.

Everyone has off days but there really is no excuse for not working hard or running off the ball!

Yesterday was as bad as it gets, not just Ade the whole team, and hopefully it's the early wake up call that is needed!

Being the consistently inconsistent Ade we know.

I'm still surprised that Poch seems to have so much faith in him. 5 league games, 5 starts for Ade. Probably in part due to a lack of options and perhaps Soldado's injury has been a part of it too. But it just seems like Poch is looking for Ade to do something he hasn't done in a very long time and perform consistently over time.

Big defender of his but i really want a forward who tries to score goals now - he seems to go whole games doing everything but the thing he's there to do - stay in the middle and find space so you're available for our midfielders to create chances for

I would really prefer a striker who is more consistent, even if their top level is less than Adebayor's.

It was an odd performance from Ade today. In some games he runs around like crazy, runs the channels, puts in a proper shift. Today he was very static when we had the ball in midfield. When he did make runs they were in straight lines, directly towards their goal. Right near the end he finally managed to win a ball in the air and head it in behind, and then had the cheek to complain that no one was chasing it! I don't know what motivates him to play one week and not another. I don't think he does. For all his obvious talents, we could do better by getting a player less talented but more consistently motivated.

And for a big man, he is surprisingly useless in the air, or at holding the ball up.

Constantly being outmuscled by shorter, lighter players.

Er, why is this thread on the second page?

Today Eriksen peeled off to the left and curled in a peach of a cross with his right foot.

It was 6 inches from Adebayor's head, 6 yards out, and HE MISSED THE BALL ENTIRELY.

Just missed it completely.

Not that he missed the target, he missed THE BALL.

Jesus Christ.

I seem to remember a low cross - think it was from Rose - where he made no attempt whatsoever to get in front of his defender. If he did it was a tap-in, as it was, he was relying on the defender making an air shot.

Someone less generous than me might describe him as hiding behind his defender, but not me :^)

I would really prefer a striker who is more consistent, even if their top level is less than Adebayor's.

This is what I've been saying for ages. We simply can't set up without knowing what kind of player we have up front this week.

We have to get someone more reliable.

Back