• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I'd prefer either of them to Soldado in his current form, but that's not how transfer decisions are made. I'd take Soldado on his previous form over both put together - we just need to help him recreate it.

I think Soldado is a very good player who is just not suited to playing up front on his own. Sadly we have ruined him trying to shoe horn him into system that
does not suit him, I think he will leave but whether we get back what we paid for is another matter. I don't agree with your last sentence as we are trying to create a playing system and we should only buy players who fit that system.

I'd prefer either of them to Soldado in his current form, but that's not how transfer decisions are made. I'd take Soldado on his previous form over both put together - we just need to help him recreate it.

No out and out pace, no out and out strength, no out and out skill, no out and out movement, no out and out awareness and vision.... I think perhaps being decent'ish at all of those works in the Spanish league, but in England you need to be a real master of at least one of the above. If the player was in his early 20s then I think we could afford the time to persevere, but for a 29/30 year old?.... I think we have to just put it down to a "bad buy, £26 million wasted" and move on, hopefully having learned some lessons.

I think Soldado is a very good player who is just not suited to playing up front on his own. Sadly we have ruined him trying to shoe horn him into system that
does not suit him, I think he will leave but whether we get back what we paid for is another matter. I don't agree with your last sentence as we are trying to create a playing system and we should only buy players who fit that system.

This is why I was so baffled as to why AVB veto'd Benteke and insisted opted for Soldado.... The former was suited to his system, the latter not really at all.

How about starting with two strikers. Which pair would you want? I'd like to see Kane and Soldado. I don't think Ade plays well with another.

Can I ask, how you know this ?

Some of it is putting 2 and 2 together (and perhaps coming up with 5)....

The player wanted to come to Spurs.
We were negotiating with his agent and having decent dialogue with Villa.
Villa named their price.
The player visited our training ground
Plug was pulled at a late stage and player very quickly signed a new deal at Villa.
Shortly after we signed Soldado for a little more than Villa would've sold us Benteke for.

No out and out pace, no out and out strength, no out and out skill, no out and out movement, no out and out awareness and vision.... I think perhaps being decent'ish at all of those works in the Spanish league, but in England you need to be a real master of at least one of the above. If the player was in his early 20s then I think we could afford the time to persevere, but for a 29/30 year old?.... I think we have to just put it down to a "bad buy, £26 million wasted" and move on, hopefully having learned some lessons.
That's a bit harsh.

Soldado's movement/awareness/vision is as good as anyone else's in our team, if not better. He's not quick over a distance, but quick over a yard.

I'd say that Costa is hardly outstanding in any particular area but it's not doing him any harm.

That's a bit harsh.

Soldado's movement/awareness/vision is as good as anyone else's in our team, if not better. He's not quick over a distance, but quick over a yard.

I'd say that Costa is hardly outstanding in any particular area but it's not doing him any harm.

I think Costa has outstanding strength and movement.

I saw him get intercepted and out-muscled a fair bit yesterday.

Not saying he's not good at those things, but someone 'outstanding' should do better.

I saw Emirates Marketing Project putting everything into stopping him.... eventually having a player sent off for over doing it... I think he is the signing that will win Chelsea the league this season (if he stays fit).

That's a bit harsh.

Except that his movement is exceptional.

I think you're reachingggggggggg with that statement mate :lol:

in that 12/13 season he wasn't first choice and it was clear. I remember he was indeed poor in games he did get a chance for the most part but it was clear he was second choice. Put it this way...i think Ade's poor 12/13 season was better than Soldado's 13/14 season.

But that was Soldado's first season in England. Adebayor has been over here nearly 10 years. I'm not defending Soldado's performances from last season, but I also don't think we should keep Adebayor in the side regardless of HIS form because of it.

Back