• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Looks like Sherwood allowed anarchy in the dressing room...so much for management

If I remember correctly, we made individual costly errors in that game and our heads went down. We gave away a dubious penalty like we always do and had Kaboul sent off. We had Vertonghen slipping on the turf just like ala Steven Gerrard and then there were Kyle Walker's long wayward back pass with his header, both errors resulting in goals . All this happened in the second half, after a first half where we were at least Chelsea's equals.

As Tottenham Hotspur capitulations go, this wasn't one of our worse ones. We made errors and were punished for them and our heads went down thereafter . I think after a heavy defeat there's got to be collective responsibility rather than pointing blame at individuals. Sherwood tasting a heavy defeat for the first time in his short managerial career didn't handle it to well and went into his, 'not me guv' mode.

As Tottenham Hotspur capitulations go, this wasn't one of our worse ones. We made errors and were punished for them and our heads went down thereafter . I think after a heavy defeat there's got to be collective responsibility rather than pointing blame at individuals. Sherwood tasting a heavy defeat for the first time in his short managerial career didn't handle it to well and went into his, 'not me guv' mode.

Not sure what happened, but I hope no lasting damage has been done.

Fair play to what he stated on twitter. Sounds like they're all commited to the cause and want to be win.

But going by the way the team performs, It just seems like he's saying it. If the team was dedicated to the cause and wanted to win, they wouldn't abandon instruction and be so stubborn every week.

Many fans on Twitter have not reacted so kindly...

[TWEET]532224871431151618[/TWEET]
[TWEET]532225129632509952[/TWEET]
[TWEET]532225346398355456[/TWEET]
[TWEET]532225567924682752[/TWEET]

Last edited:
We all know it's true. Adebayor has the Nikalas Bentner's about him. He think's he's right up there with the very best big forwards , the Drogba's , Ibrahimovic . A legend in his own mind, an untouchable, and he plays for a club he thinks is beneath his talent and who's chairman, sacked a manager in order to get him back into the team!

We all know Ade is a ticking time bomb, a manager's nightmare . If Ade plays and he get's goals, then all is well in the world . If Ade plays and does not score goals, then soon enough the managers tactics are to blame and there's a fallout. If the manager so much as decides that due to his poor performances or for any other reason , that Ade must be benched, the reaction from this 'star' player is a negative, he will play-up, he will come off the bench and not break sweat.

He divides the dressing room because he never looks at his own performance preferring instead to blame others. After the 4-0 Chelsea capitulation at Stamford Bridge last season, stories of confrontation emanated from the post match Spurs dressing room. The confrontations were that of Adebayor , along Tim Sherwood (who also incidentally also happens to play the blame game very well when things are not going well) launched a scathing attack on the Belgium center-half Vertonghen with accusations that he doesn't care and that his mind is on the World Cup. The verbal confrontation was only stopped from becoming a physical one by the intervention of the other players .

It's well known that Adebayor, has his followers in the Spurs dressing room but there are also players who do not get on with him . It's known that , Verts, Dembele and Eriksen all share a low opinion of the player/man that is more in tune with a previous Portugese manager. I side with them and I believe Spurs would do better without Adebayor. I also believe that after his latest interview, he's on his way out in the summer. We all know that on his return from the AFCN we will get nothing from him so I think, it's best we get him off the books ASAP and get in someone like J-Rod who wants to play for the manager and the shirt.

Fed up with his nonsense , can't believe we signed this troublesome player .

Interesting ITK.

So did your source also flll younin on the punch-up that was meant to have happened after the Liverpool defeat? I'm sure the rumour at the time was that Sherwood and another player came/nearly came to blows...

Also, was Dawson involved in either incident? And can you name one or two of Ade's "followers" in the dressing room?

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ebayor-denies-criticised-white-hart-lane-fans

“I love the club as do all the players in the dressing room. We would all do anything to make this team win but like most people we respond better to praise than criticism"

Everybody don't worry Ade loves the club.
:ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross::ross:

Ade I dont believe you.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/adebayor-reveals-good-news-about-his-future

"Of course, one more time I can say it, I always say it I love this club and today you can see I have a big smile on my face. Yes I’m at Arsenal Football Club, I have four more years contract I’m very happy at this club and everything is fine."

adebayor-kiss-badge-300x180.jpg

Ade kissing the badge

479058271fb5a400dee7ee52e127adf2f78b415f.jpg

Loving the club

Who loves the club, apart from us fans?

People who I think had genuine feeling toward the club... We shipped out and were branded not good enough by loads of fans.... Defoe and dawson to name but two.

He shouldn't have said anything about the fans, but neither should pouch... Maybe Ade is just backing his manager.

He said the atmosphere is negative and the player's don't enjoy playing in it. He's not the first person to say it, pundits, ex-managers (both AVB and Sherwood) and players have passed comment on it, hell most of this forum have too.

As for Defoe and Dawson. One wasn't the right type of forward for the then managers system and the other had seen his best days. So the question is, do we tell a manager he can't have the players he needs to make a system work because 2-3 players are more important than the team? When results start suffering because we have square pegs in round holes, or players past their best do we blame the coach or the board for not supplying him with what he needs?

Interesting ITK.

So did your source also flll younin on the punch-up that was meant to have happened after the Liverpool defeat? I'm sure the rumour at the time was that Sherwood and another player came/nearly came to blows...

Also, was Dawson involved in either incident? And can you name one or two of Ade's "followers" in the dressing room?

I heard this in the summer, that Verts was targeted by both Sherwood and Adebayor after the Stamford Bridge game. At the time, the row wasn't denied by the players, although there were no details given . At the time, it were described as a clear the air chat with all players involved....

The Liverpool post match bust-up , like the Chelsea one, was also reported on the internet but this time there were player denials that any row occured. Not told anything about this that couldn't be found on the net but there were a rumour that Sherwood did take a swing on Dawson or was it Rose ?

Kaboul - This could explain why there's not much there between Kabs and Verts?

I heard this in the summer, that Verts was targeted by both Sherwood and Adebayor after the Stamford Bridge game. At the time, the row wasn't denied by the players, although there were no details given . At the time, it were described as a clear the air chat with all players involved....

The Liverpool post match bust-up , like the Chelsea one, was also reported on the internet but this time there were player denials that any row occured. Not told anything about this that couldn't be found on the net but there were a rumour that Sherwood did take a swing on Dawson or was it Rose ?

I not sure if I believe this... But if this true... Good managers don't have dressing room bust up with players do they... Oh wait SAF did.... BC did. And I'm sure there were others

Thanks. Interesting what you say about Kaboul; and they've both been made captains.....

I'll try not to ask much more, but, in terms of both 'bust-ups' what part did Sandro have to play? I seem to remember he stopped being picked from around the Liverpool match....and then Twittergate....

I not sure if I believe this... But if this true... Good managers don't have dressing room bust up with players do they... Oh wait SAF did.... BC did. And I'm sure there were others

Bust-ups , clear the air talks happen , generally after a team gets a tonking . It's not the worse thing in the world so long as there's no physical attacks.

I'm just passing on what I heard months ago , it came back to me seeing Verts and Ade warming up in the game on Sunday.

Thanks. Interesting what you say about Kaboul; and they've both been made captains.....

I'll try not to ask much more, but, in terms of both 'bust-ups' what part did Sandro have to play? I seem to remember he stopped being picked from around the Liverpool match....and then Twittergate....

Not heard about Sandro's involvement. He can't have been involved as I don't think anyone was hospitalized.

Back