• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Scara you know full well that Ade never celebrated when we lost, that was explained in full. And I find it very hard to believe that you didn't read the explanation.
I remember hearing some crap that sounded as unlikely then as it does now. Fact is, Benny was clearly celebrating the loss and at the very least Ade was complicit.

I remember hearing some crap that sounded as unlikely then as it does now. Fact is, Benny was clearly celebrating the loss and at the very least Ade was complicit.

Nah dude, they make those hand signals every time they meet up and take pictures, they showed numerous examples of when they done it before hand.

If they were taking the **** then then only the two of them would know about it as they had a pretty solid excuse (in terms of previous use of exact same hand signals)... They were however, maybe naive to not know how their actions will be interpreted.

Part of what I do for a living is interview whilst filming them and the really important and/or rich people almost always have someone sitting in on the interview, preeping them what they can and can't say, stopping us, rephrasing their answers etc... Why as multi million pound assets and earners do footballers not have a filter system to the public?

On the balance of probability I'd say it was a backfired management technique.

Tell the players to pick their captains to keep them onside, assuming there's no chance they'll pick the lazy prick stealing a living and celebrating when we lose.

It seems he only consulted them though rather than asked them to pick (this was my misunderstanding at the start, I thought they picked too). So the end decision still fell with him. Also, pretty sure that if Ade was such a supposed nightmare in the dressing room, someone from the club, Daniel Levy or otherwise would probably have advised Poch against it. Assuming Poch ran his plans by someone which I'd assume he has.

I'm thinking it was probably an attempt to give him a 'vote of confidence' to get him going on the pitch. Make him Vice-captain, a position that on the whole doesn't really matter, but it gives him a little recognition and hopefully he'll push on.

Hasn't worked so far though.

Nah dude, they make those hand signals every time they meet up and take pictures, they showed numerous examples of when they done it before hand.

If they were taking the **** then then only the two of them would know about it as they had a pretty solid excuse (in terms of previous use of exact same hand signals)... They were however, maybe naive to not know how their actions will be interpreted.

Part of what I do for a living is interview whilst filming them and the really important and/or rich people almost always have someone sitting in on the interview, preeping them what they can and can't say, stopping us, rephrasing their answers etc... Why as multi million pound assets and earners do footballers not have a filter system to the public?

It wasn't the gestures adding up to 5 I was talking about - that was always unlikely to be the case. I was talking about posting a photo of them being that happy directly after a massive loss.

It wasn't the gestures adding up to 5 I was talking about - that was always unlikely to be the case. I was talking about posting a photo of them being that happy directly after a massive loss.

OMG - there's still some Spurs fans who don't see that picture as being disrespectful to teammates and club? :jaw:

Does this sort of thing happen at any other club?

0-5 at home and we have squad members not selected on the night showing what cool happy hipsters they're via social media. Only at Spurs, only at Spurs.

Some Spurs fans talk about changing the uncaring mentality at the club and yet in their same breath, this is excused with a shrug of the shoulders and it's nothing , it's just Ade and Benny, being Ade and Benny. Man manage them like Harry and everything is great!

No wonder our club is often a source of amusement for others, when even our own p**s on the name.

Angry Tottenham players want Emmanuel Adebayor axed after inviting opponents into dressing room

The striker was berated by team-mates after chatting to two of Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s French-speaking players in a room next to the dressing room directly after the 2-1 home defeat

Emmanuel Adebayor has enraged his Tottenham team-mates with a shocking breach of dressing-room etiquette – and many now want Mauricio Pochettino to axe the striker in favour Harry Kane.

Spurs sources have revealed how Adebayor was berated by fellow players when he invited opposing players into the Tottenham dressing-room directly after the 2-1 home defeat by Saudi Sportswashing Machine a fortnight ago.

Just minutes after the final whistle, Adebayor is said to have been happily chatting to two of the Toon’s French-speaking players in a room next to the dressing room in their native tongue as downcast Spurs players tried to digest a miserable defeat against Alan Pardew’s side.

Spurs had been booed off after a blowing a lead and many players were fuming at Adebayor for acting in such a seemingly carefree manner.

Boss Pochettino was aware of the anger among his squad but still started with the Togo striker in last week’s 2-1 win at Aston Villa – where he was criticised for his poor work rate.

England Under-21 star Kane transformed that game and scored the winner after replacing Adebayor in the 58th minute – and Pochettino could now axe Adebayor for Sunday’s clash with Stoke

Pochettino is believed to feel let down by Adebayor after showing great faith in him as his first-choice striker since taking over from Tim Sherwood this summer.

Spurs had tried to off-load 30-year-old Adebayor in the summer and still believe they could loan him out in January if they bring in another experienced frontman.

Pochettino is keen to overhaul the Spurs squad he inherited, though the Argentine knows he may have to wait until the end of the season before he can perform major surgery.

Adebayor had scored only his second goal of the season against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, an early opener before the Geordies hit back to win.

But his reputation for excelling while on loan at clubs, only to take off his foot off the gas when he is on a permanent contract, has not gone away.

Spurs players and fans have recognised the stark contrast between his attitude and that of 21-year-old youth-team product Kane.

Adebayor, whose Tottenham deal expires next summer, did not travel to Greece for Thursday’s Europa League match against Asteras Tripolis – the sixth successive foreign trip he has missed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/angry-tottenham-players-want-emmanuel-4594516

dont know what to make of that.....if true

well It does confirm what I think about Ade deep down.....im on way to the lane soon and i am expecting him to start.

Yes they must have been psychic as well as 'cancerous' seeing as the photo you are referencing was taken and tweeted before kick off in that Liverpool game.

You know full well that the story was nonsense and has been proven so.

Has it ever occurred to you that he is vice skipper because he is popular amongst the players & staff, is one of our longest serving players, has experience at the top end of the game and has a productive record for us. The fact he is capt highlights the state of the squad but the reasons for doing so are normal .

Yes they must have been psychic as well as 'cancerous' seeing as the photo you are referencing was taken and tweeted before kick off in that Liverpool game.

You know full well that the story was nonsense and has been proven so.

Has it ever occurred to you that he is vice skipper because he is popular amongst the players & staff, is one of our longest serving players, has experience at the top end of the game and has a productive record for us. The fact he is capt highlights the state of the squad but the reasons for doing so are normal .
Yep. It occurred to me.

Then I realised that that opinion couldn't be further from the truth, laughed at myself for being stupid enough to consider it possible and went back to realising that Ade is a lazy, useless, gutless wage thief.

Oh, and making stuff up doesn't make you any less wrong.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andre-villas-boas-sacked-benoit-assou-ekotto-2932665

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mile-Twitter-photo-Tottenhams-5-0-defeat.html

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/15/benoi...verpool-with-smiling-twitter-picture-4231666/

Notice the use of the word "after". As in subsequent to another event in time.

after

[af-ter,*ahf-]

preposition

1.behind*in*place*or*position;*following behind:

men*lining*up*one*after*the*other.

2.later*in*time*than;*in*succession*to;*at*theclose*of:

Tell*me*after*supper.*Day*after*day*he*cameto*work*late.

Oh, and making stuff up doesn't make you any less wrong.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/andre-villas-boas-sacked-benoit-assou-ekotto-2932665

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mile-Twitter-photo-Tottenhams-5-0-defeat.html

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/15/benoi...verpool-with-smiling-twitter-picture-4231666/

Notice the use of the word "after". As in subsequent to another event in time.

after

[af-ter,*ahf-]

preposition

1.behind*in*place*or*position;*following behind:

men*lining*up*one*after*the*other.

2.later*in*time*than;*in*succession*to;*at*theclose*of:

Tell*me*after*supper.*Day*after*day*he*cameto*work*late.
Yes now go and find where this was all cleared up. Bloody hell man

Yes now go and find where this was all cleared up. Bloody hell man
I've seen Ade's claims, nothing in his past or present behaviour leads me to believe he's telling the truth.

Especially not as the photo was ****ted directly after a massive loss.

I've seen Ade's claims, nothing in his past or present behaviour leads me to believe he's telling the truth.

Especially not as the photo was ****ted directly after a massive loss.

Even if Adebayor and Ekotto were celebrating us losing it's no different to what many of our 'supporters' did during Sherwoods reign by jumping on his back after any poor result. In fact some on this message board and at the ground seemed to get a real kick out of it.

Whether believe Ade is very professional or very unprofessional I think an absolutely unprofessional player with no loyalty is exactly what our fans deserve considering the complete lack of loyalty to the team most have shown over the past couple of years.

Angry Tottenham players want Emmanuel Adebayor axed after inviting opponents into dressing room

The striker was berated by team-mates after chatting to two of Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s French-speaking players in a room next to the dressing room directly after the 2-1 home defeat

Emmanuel Adebayor has enraged his Tottenham team-mates with a shocking breach of dressing-room etiquette – and many now want Mauricio Pochettino to axe the striker in favour Harry Kane.

Spurs sources have revealed how Adebayor was berated by fellow players when he invited opposing players into the Tottenham dressing-room directly after the 2-1 home defeat by Saudi Sportswashing Machine a fortnight ago.

Just minutes after the final whistle, Adebayor is said to have been happily chatting to two of the Toon’s French-speaking players in a room next to the dressing room in their native tongue as downcast Spurs players tried to digest a miserable defeat against Alan Pardew’s side.

Spurs had been booed off after a blowing a lead and many players were fuming at Adebayor for acting in such a seemingly carefree manner.

Boss Pochettino was aware of the anger among his squad but still started with the Togo striker in last week’s 2-1 win at Aston Villa – where he was criticised for his poor work rate.

England Under-21 star Kane transformed that game and scored the winner after replacing Adebayor in the 58th minute – and Pochettino could now axe Adebayor for Sunday’s clash with Stoke

Pochettino is believed to feel let down by Adebayor after showing great faith in him as his first-choice striker since taking over from Tim Sherwood this summer.

Spurs had tried to off-load 30-year-old Adebayor in the summer and still believe they could loan him out in January if they bring in another experienced frontman.

Pochettino is keen to overhaul the Spurs squad he inherited, though the Argentine knows he may have to wait until the end of the season before he can perform major surgery.

Adebayor had scored only his second goal of the season against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, an early opener before the Geordies hit back to win.

But his reputation for excelling while on loan at clubs, only to take off his foot off the gas when he is on a permanent contract, has not gone away.

Spurs players and fans have recognised the stark contrast between his attitude and that of 21-year-old youth-team product Kane.

Adebayor, whose Tottenham deal expires next summer, did not travel to Greece for Thursday’s Europa League match against Asteras Tripolis – the sixth successive foreign trip he has missed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/angry-tottenham-players-want-emmanuel-4594516

This is nothing new. Adebayor has always had this less passionate attitude previously. He has joked around many times with Arsenal players on the field even when we had just lost to them in the past.

Even if Adebayor and Ekotto were celebrating us losing it's no different to what many of our 'supporters' did during Sherwoods reign by jumping on his back after any poor result. In fact some on this message board and at the ground seemed to get a real kick out of it.

There you go with that thinking polar opposites are the same thing again.

Try again but think about it this time. One is wanting Spurs to lose and being happy because of it, the other is getting angry because Spurs lost.

Whether believe Ade is very professional or very unprofessional I think an absolutely unprofessional player with no loyalty is exactly what our fans deserve considering the complete lack of loyalty to the team most have shown over the past couple of years.

Nobody deserves Ade, I wouldn't wish that on Arsenal or Chelsea.

Back