• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

At least your now being honest - this isnt about malaria its about it being a useful stick to hit Ade with.
What's the problem? Player fails again and again to earn even a fraction of what we pay him, we should then just accept it? Maybe tug him off see if that helps?

Malaria is yet another reason why he's not at work yet we still pay him more than double what most of us earn in a year every week.

Re: Official - Adebayor

Taking a pay cut from £30k to £15k would hurt me. £200k to £100k? Not so much. Like most of them Ade is a mercenary.

And of all the clubs in the world to support you decided to support one dumb enough to employ a mercenary, they should told him to sling his hook but they did not, so tough

And of all the clubs in the world to support you decided to support one dumb enough to employ a mercenary, they should told him to sling his hook but they did not, so tough

I don't think many people made a concious decision about who their club is.
And they all employ mercenaries.

So are people denying that Ade is annoyingly inconsistent for a player on the wage he's on?

So are people denying that Ade is annoyingly inconsistent for a player on the wage he's on?

I don't think anyone would deny that -- but if value for money is a criteria of making the first XI, we'd best get shot of Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho...

To me, the only thing he's done wrong is not get back from the African Nations Cup. No excuse for that.

That aside, he's a good player and can be very useful for us. Unless we go and splash out on another good forward, we will need him.

Ah, I'd forgotten that. Good call.

The discussion isn't really about whether adebayor is worth 200k. Or even whether he could survive on 100k.

Ask yourselves this. If you were on 100k, and you held all the cards to a likely 100k increase. Would you do it? Adebayor went with yes. He fought his corner as it is his right to do.

Why should all of us have our right to fight for a higher salary, and then deny adebayor that same right?

He fought his corner the same way Rooney fought for his to earn a new contract. Levy is suppose to be the shrewd dealer but instead of looking for another option he decided to go with Ade, his choice, Personally I would not have waited for Ade to sort out his financial issues with City I would have moved on to another target.

There are a number of things you can accuse Ade of, you can question his attitude and his work rate, and his consistency, but that was all questionable before we signed him so we should have known better. He was so cack during the 2012/2013 displaying a total lack of effort in my opinion, until away at Chelsea I would have been tempted to sell him last summer. But for Scara to criticise him for getting malaria that is just Scara talking complete and utter tosh, in my not so humble opinion :)

Said it before and i will say it again, there are quite a few Spurs supporters who can not get past that he used to play for the **** and that is why whatever he does they will **** him off.

Said it before and i will say it again, there are quite a few Spurs supporters who can not get past that he used to play for the **** and that is why whatever he does they will **** him off.
I will bet anyone he will score 15 league goals, up to 50 quid?

I will bet anyone he will score 15 league goals, up to 50 quid?

Yes, he probably will, unfortunately he is easily capable of scoring 25, but bet you wouldn't take that bet (which highlights the real issue with Ade, and its not the fact that he played for the Scum).

Yes, he probably will, unfortunately he is easily capable of scoring 25, but bet you wouldn't take that bet (which highlights the real issue with Ade, and its not the fact that he played for the Scum).
Unfortunately that's the beginning, the middle and the end of it.

His complete lack of ability to give a **** means that he'll never get close to realising the potential he has.

It's got nothing to do with who he played for and everything to do with the fact that for at least half the time we're paying him, he's not playing for us either.

I really can't see why so many are hitting at Ade. Apart for that African cup thing, he's done nothing wrong since he joined us. Can't really question his work rate either, as he's worked his socks off most of the games, running like his ass was on fire and chasing down the ball. Of course his not been like that ALL the time, but seriously, are people expecting him to run at full f***** pace for 90 minutes every f***** game? I think he's done well for us, and he's a top player. World class at his best. But no player is in top form constantly!!!!!

Last edited:

I agree but 15 is successful?

Not at his wage level.

It's successful for Harry Kane on £25k per week. It's a fairly poor return for someone earning 7 or 8 times that.
Disagree. Got a feeling you just don't like him so you are changing the narrative

Disagree. Got a feeling you just don't like him so you are changing the narrative
Not at all. I'd be happy for us to keep Ade at £50k per week with a £50k goal or assist bonus. I guarantee he'd turn up all time, rush back from the ACN, remember how to control a football and score at least one in every two.

Not at all. I'd be happy for us to keep Ade at £50k per week with a £50k goal or assist bonus. I guarantee he'd turn up all time, rush back from the ACN, remember how to control a football and score at least one in every two.
15 LEAGUE goals is a great return for anyone but the top players and we don't pay for the top players

Back