• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Yeh without diving into it their commercial levels don't look like they support that number and the prize monies and TV money alone would not stack up. Some financial bloating there me thinks

Allegedly 3 of the major sources of income/sponsorship come from people/companies who coincidentally are related/part of same group.

All legit here, nothing to see, move along

I don't have the same vociferous hatred many have on here for City but the audacity of many (but obviously not all) fans booing at half time was astounding, and regretfully was essentially rewarded by their 2nd half turnaround although it was more likely to be to do with Pep or the players. I do feel the proper* city fans will rightly be embarrassed.

Edit - I may as well also say (begrudgingly) that Alverez looks class, a similar type of signing and position as Jesus being fairly low profile + low fee but seems happy to fill the gap wherever/ whenever across the front line and works hard as fudge too...

*Yes they do exist I know a few with season tickets since Maine road days

Last edited:
I don't have the same vociferous hatred many have on here for City but the audacity of many (but obviously not all) fans booing at half time was astounding, and regretfully was essentially rewarded by their 2nd half turnaround although it was more likely to be to do with Pep or the players. I do feel the proper* city fans will rightly be embarrassed.

Edit - I may as well also say (begrudgingly) that Alverez looks class, a similar type of signing and position as Jesus being fairly low profile + low fee but seems happy to fill the gap wherever/ whenever across the front line and works hard as fudge too...

*Yes they do exist I know a few with season tickets since Maine road days

Said it in the match thread, but will elaborate here. Matches vs Spurs are the ones we're most pessimistic about - even more than United in recent years. The boos were definitely for the apparent lack of effort in these fixtures - to concede those two fudging awful goals as half-time is ticking over... it's galling... but not forgivable.

As bad as Spurs fans feel about the goals today, we feel as bad regarding the defending/goalkeeping for the ones we conceded.

It is maybe the most significant sign of the time at how much my club has changed. I am lucky and have a lot of perspective, so am more than happy with the trophies City have won (with context removed).
But today, the cheapest home ticket available was £68.

£68.

Cost-of-living crisis, working-class city, getting nutrition from licking bootstraps... everyone has heard it all before how the game is leaving its 'true' roots behind.
But £68 minimum for a 50,000+ capacity game? That's brick. And also probably goes some way to explaining the boos at half-time.

Fully agree about Alvarez though. Way more likeable than Haaland for me. A little bit of Suarez and Tevez about him too. Our scouts played a blinder.

Said it in the match thread, but will elaborate here. Matches vs Spurs are the ones we're most pessimistic about - even more than United in recent years. The boos were definitely for the apparent lack of effort in these fixtures - to concede those two fudging awful goals as half-time is ticking over... it's galling... but not forgivable.

As bad as Spurs fans feel about the goals today, we feel as bad regarding the defending/goalkeeping for the ones we conceded.

It is maybe the most significant sign of the time at how much my club has changed. I am lucky and have a lot of perspective, so am more than happy with the trophies City have won (with context removed).
But today, the cheapest home ticket available was £68.

£68.

Cost-of-living crisis, working-class city, getting nutrition from licking bootstraps... everyone has heard it all before how the game is leaving its 'true' roots behind.
But £68 minimum for a 50,000+ capacity game? That's brick. And also probably goes some way to explaining the boos at half-time.

Fully agree about Alvarez though. Way more likeable than Haaland for me. A little bit of Suarez and Tevez about him too. Our scouts played a blinder.

Not sure about scouts. His agent was whoring him around europe wasn't he? After he'd banged in a few goals. Was hoping we'd go for him.

Not sure about scouts. His agent was whoring him around europe wasn't he? After he'd banged in a few goals. Was hoping we'd go for him.

So you reckon City have signed him based soley on his agent and seeing the number of goals he'd scored? It's an agents job to promote their players, that's what they are paid to do.

You can be "not sure about scouts", whatever the fudge that means but pretty sure they'll have done their due diligence and have found another gem.

@SWP29 Interesting response but it's probably easier to believe the boos are some kind of morally righteous vent at the cost of living and the business practice of getting as much blood out of the stone as possible but if your team were 2 - 0 up rather than 2 - 0 down they wouldn't have booed. We as football fans should be collectively complaining/ protesting about ridiculous prices but instead it's always the "us versus them" approach to keep us all bickering.

Edit - Just seen a snippet from Pep's post match and fair play to him for the honesty in my opinion.

"Our fans were silent for 45 minutes - I want my fans back," said Guardiola in a remarkable post-match interview.

"I want my fans that are here - not my away fans, they are the best - but my fans here to support every corner and every action, because Tottenham are one of the toughest opponents I've ever faced.

"They booed because we were losing but in the second half we played good, we had more chances.

"Maybe it's the same with our team, maybe we are so comfortable with winning four Premier Leagues in five years."

it's probably easier to believe the boos are some kind of morally righteous vent at the cost of living and the business practice of getting as much blood out of the stone as possible but if your team were 2 - 0 up rather than 2 - 0 down they wouldn't have booed.
None of us will ever know the precise reasoning behind every fan's boo, but I am guessing/projecting/thinking the boo means "try harder, we know you can do better than this, run harder, pass more accurately, dare to take someone on, dare to try that difficult pass, make a run into the channel, show me your obvious quality... blah blah blah".

I agree with Pep, it would be ideal if the fans were super-encouraging and cheer the team on regardless, but it is a reciprocal relationship and both parties are partly to blame.

I have to say, I'm not sure if I've lost the plot or pundits are just fudging idiots

- So much post match about can't understand what happened to City, why they aren't the same team as before, why are teams finding it easier to play them?

Is it really that hard to understand?

- City's core game was about pressing you, possession, passing the ball around you (tiring you out) and creating overloads (that allow the first points)

A huge part of the ability to do that was not just the coaching and top level players (it helps), but it was the fact that because they didn't play a out and out striker they effectively played 6 midfielders (4-5 being attacking) with license to change positions, once they pushed up on you, your midfield and backline was very quickly dealing with overloads and being outnumbered.

By actually having a focus point striker, they now have one less player to float around and create the overloads, and the fact that the striker is so one dimensional, when he doesn't have the ball you are playing with 10 men. So now the system isn't special anymore, it's just a regular team of very good players, playing like everyone else.

I have to say, I'm not sure if I've lost the plot or pundits are just fudging idiots

- So much post match about can't understand what happened to City, why they aren't the same team as before, why are teams finding it easier to play them?

Is it really that hard to understand?

- City's core game was about pressing you, possession, passing the ball around you (tiring you out) and creating overloads (that allow the first points)

A huge part of the ability to do that was not just the coaching and top level players (it helps), but it was the fact that because they didn't play a out and out striker they effectively played 6 midfielders (4-5 being attacking) with license to change positions, once they pushed up on you, your midfield and backline was very quickly dealing with overloads and being outnumbered.

By actually having a focus point striker, they now have one less player to float around and create the overloads, and the fact that the striker is so one dimensional, when he doesn't have the ball you are playing with 10 men. So now the system isn't special anymore, it's just a regular team of very good players, playing like everyone else.

People might scoff but they miss Sterling from their system, Grealish might be easier on the eye but is he going to get 15-20 goals and 10 assists a season which Sterling would almost guarantee in that system, thats what they needed to replicate and add to which they have not, same with Liverpool which I said before the season started, that unless you replace like for like with Mane and replace his 15 goals and 15 assists, they would struggle. They have purchased Haaland for the sake of proving they now have a striker and TBF he will get goals, but it all feels like Ronaldo at United, he we will golden boot and be their top scorer but to what detriment to the rest of the team?

Problem being cas threw out the uefa punishments for being too long ago. We'll see how this pans out.

Interesting, Simon Jordan actually believes the PL might push this because the government has been looking at an independent regulator.

Being willing to meaningfully punish City would be their way of saying "we can manage our own house, don't need oversight"

Interesting, Simon Jordan actually believes the PL might push this because the government has been looking at an independent regulator.

Being willing to meaningfully punish City would be their way of saying "we can manage our own house, don't need oversight"

They have been investigating for a while. City took them t court to keep the investigation secret. The judge ruled against them and told the premier league to hurry the fudge up.

Back