• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs The mighty roosters ***

I don't know how anyone can try and defend Lloris. The cross against Arsenal was literally straight at him, it's not looking to cut out a cross. He should've gone for the ball today but he should've got there.
The one on the near post has a slight deflection, he should've stopped it, his reflections were too slow. His reflex saves were what made him a great shot stopper, if that is gone he has absolutely nothing else.

I think any keeper who has a shot deflected with that power, that close, will struggle. So I don't think you can evidence the goals conceded are due to him losing reflexes to be honest - despite how it looks right now. You conveniently forgot the smart reflex save when the ball deflected off Son.

He has always been rash at times. Always primed to rush out. When he first joined we celebrated him as a sweeper keeper. That was his thing. But in the last two games his eagerness to anticipate cost us. Against the goons the reason he got it so wrong is he's primed and moving to cut out the cross. The cross is deflected and Lloris is trying to get back and pushed the ball in. Today he rushes out but only puts it on a plate for them.

It's not him that haunts us, the RWB we could have had in his place.

A top-class RWB instead of Emerson. But no, we got 15m 'club signing' Djed Spence. That's the haunting bit.

the money doesn’t matter
The fact conte won’t play him does
And that’s conte cutting off his nose
That’s dumb management as it’s not showing him having a string hand, it’s showing him being stubborn

same with him sticking with Hugo and son

everyone can see they need to be out of the firing line … nah “I don’t have alternatives so I’d rather we all suffer”

I still don't think City were that great tonight, certainly nowhere near their levels from the last 2-3 seasons. We again just went into our shell and conceded pretty soft goals, all of them. What the hell has happened to Sonny?!

They came out of the traps second half and looked like a team to be fair. We helped them but I thought they were very good.

Son has lost some quickness. You can see where he gets that sniff of goal, he’d have shot before. Now he’s hesitant. It’s over for him at this level.

3 of those goals were defensive mistakes, just unprofessional. Anyway as defeats go at least their is a mild silver lining of them getting closer to the arse. Maybe more of a grey lining

I think any keeper who has a shot deflected that close will struggle. So I don't think you can evidence the goals conceded are due to him losing reflexes to be honest - despite how it looks right now. You conveniently forgot the smart reflect save when the ball deflected off Son.

He has always been rash at times. Always primed to rush out. When he first joined we celebrated him as a sweeper keeper. That was his thing. But in the last two games his eagerness to anticipate cost us. Against the goons the reason he got it so wrong is he's primed to cut out the cross. Its deflected and he's trying to get back and pushed the ball in. Today he rushes out but only puts it on a plate for them.
The last two games!!!!!

he has now cost us 6 or 7 goals in the last 10 games
The guy is broken
He plays to me like he knows it too

the money doesn’t matter
That’s dumb management as it’s not showing him having a string hand, it’s showing him being stubborn

everyone can see they need to be out of the firing line … nah “I don’t have alternatives so I’d rather we all suffer”

Spence a project signing for a ‘do it now’ coach. Club is totally scrambled. Top to bottom, no strategy, no connect.

You don't know for sure he will only be a back up. He will get a fair bit of game time.
Anyway , he might not have been back up for us.

So will Zaniolo- point is you're saying their one sigbing is better than our 2 when you don't know either way - but with our problems at rwb and cover for Kulu that means the odds are in my favour...

I think any keeper who has a shot deflected with that power, that close, will struggle. So I don't think you can evidence the goals conceded are due to him losing reflexes to be honest - despite how it looks right now. You conveniently forgot the smart reflex save when the ball deflected off Son.

He has always been rash at times. Always primed to rush out. When he first joined we celebrated him as a sweeper keeper. That was his thing. But in the last two games his eagerness to anticipate cost us. Against the goons the reason he got it so wrong is he's primed to cut out the cross. Its deflected and he's trying to get back and pushed the ball in. Today he rushes out but only puts it on a plate for them.
I give up, rush out... he's glued to his line now, he doesn't rush out. If you want to keep the blinkers on and defend him I'll leave you to it.

the money doesn’t matter

That is true, but we knew he was this way. He has always been this way, he will always be this way, he has won trophies galore being this way so he knows he's right.

The club trying to push the 'develop youth players, here's some cheapo backups' approach on him was never, ever, ever going to work, and everyone knew it the day he was appointed - many welcomed it, including me. He wasn't going to take the brick the club tried to feed our past managers.

Yet we *still* tried to give him cheapos, kids and loans and expected him to play them. Club being too fudging clever by half, as it has been with every manager appointed in the last 22 grinding years.

So will Zaniolo- point is you're saying their one sigbing is better than our 2 when you don't know either way - but with our problems at rwb and cover for Kulu that means the odds are in my favour...
Is Kulus loan nailed on to be made a permanent ? I’m worried he’ll be off also this summer. We are a mess at the moment.

The last two games!!!!!

he has now cost us 6 or 7 goals in the last 10 games
The guy is broken
He plays to me like he knows it too

No doubt he is costing us. But I don't think its down to his reflexes. He still makes good reflex saves. It is an issue he has always had - judgment and command of his area is weak. If you look at the goals conceded in the last two that is what has cost us - his rashness.

I give up, rush out... he's glued to his line now, he doesn't rush out. If you want to keep the blinkers on and defend him I'll leave you to it.

So what happened for their first goal, was Lloris "glued to his line"? No. Did he make a top-quality reflex save when Son deflected a shot first half? I am not defending him, I'm saying its not his reflexes but his judgment that is letting us down.

That wasn’t a bad performance from us tonight, lots of good performances. Perisic was the main reason we lost the game with 3 terrible bits of defending and without those we likely would’ve got the win despite carrying Son, who is horribly out of form and Dier who just isn’t good enough and has no positive impact on the game despite being the ‘spare’ man as middle centre back.

Get Richalison in for Son, get Sessegnon in for Perisic and buy a half decent centre back to replace Dier and we’ll be doing alright I think.

No doubt he is costing us. But I don't think its down to his reflexes. He still makes good reflex saves. It is an issue he has always had - judgment and command of his area is weak. If you look at the goals conceded in the last two that is what has cost us - his rashness.
It’s because he can’t make decisions anymore
It’s not new but he can’t recover from it
It’s BIG goals

Back