• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

But then we go game after game where he can't put in one ball and players are clearly looking for Perisic with players round him over him in space. Speaks volumes on their faith and rightly so. Poor...so poor

Was it royal that put that ball in? I thought it was Bentancur.
But doesn't matter who is putting it in, one of the four should be gambling and getting into the box, only needs a deflection, poor clearance or touch.

Was it royal that put that ball in? I thought it was Bentancur.
But doesn't matter who is putting it in, one of the four should be gambling and getting into the box, only needs a deflection, poor clearance or touch.

Should we be applauding a pro footballers ability to put one good ball into the box in 7 games or so?

He is poor and we need better

Should we be applauding a pro footballers ability to put one good ball into the box in 7 games or so?

He is such a drag to our play
He was dealing with the back post crosses really well
We know he can defend well but his attacking play is so lacking
He broke through twice on rush though the middle whilst the play was wide but no one used him

No we shouldn't, and I'm not, i didn't think it was him that put that ball in, but neither should we be allowing the front three to not be bothered enough to take a chance and attack the box.
Doesn't matter how good the cross is if there's no one there.

No we shouldn't, and I'm not, i didn't think it was him that put that ball in, but neither should we be allowing the front three to not be bothered enough to take a chance and attack the box.
Doesn't matter how good the cross is if there's no one there.

But thankfully for them there is a recent golden boot and a record scoring club legend, so I will give them a pass based on fact they man up more than not. Unlike our ironically named friend

He is such a drag to our play
He was dealing with the back post crosses really well
We know he can defend well but his attacking play is so lacking
He broke through twice on rush though the middle whilst the play was wide but no one used him

And his defending is alright, no more TBH, not like we have some absolute world class defender we can forgive for being so lacking going the other way

And his defending is alright, no more TBH, not like we have some absolute world class defender we can forgive for being so lacking going the other way
This is where we miss Kulusevski.
When he plays it compensates for Royal's lack of attacking threat as Kulu does it leaving Royal to do what he does best, defend.

But thankfully for them there is a recent golden boot and a record scoring club legend, so I will give them a pass based on fact they man up more than not. Unlike our ironically named friend

A golden boot winner and record goal scorer that still hasn't won a trophy at our club.
How long do we keep saying those around him are holding us back, especially when they all leave and win trophies elsewhere?

A golden boot winner and record goal scorer that still hasn't won a trophy at our club.
How long do we keep saying those around him are holding us back, especially when they all leave and win trophies elsewhere?

Not sure I get your point. Mine was that its silly comparing someone who has put in one good cross this side of the last eclipse with those that have actually done bits for the club.

I'm not going to rattle on anyway, Royal is poor and we need better. That's the long and short of all this

Speaking on BBC's Final Score though, former Aston Villa striker Dion Dublin said Emerson deserved a red card.

"No anger or malice, but I still think it's a red," said Dublin. "The ball has gone and he has caught him above the calf. I think it's a red."

On Match of the Day, Ex-England striker Alan Shearer agreed it was a "stupid challenge", while Arsenal legend Ian Wright said Emerson "gave the referee the opportunity".

1, dublin, no anger or malice and when was the ankle above the calf!
2, shearer, when did stupidity decide if its a card? Odegaard stupidly pulled son back when soon broke through, even though there was a debatable passage of play before hand, so why wasn't that even a card.
3, Wright, translated as "ref fudged up but i don't really want to say that".

Emerson is a decent right back but is a tinkle poor wingback. But while Emerson was an idiot for a stupidly unnecessary foul, I am not gonna slag him off for his poor performances at right wingback, no, the only person who deserves criticism is Conte for continually playing an underperforming player in the same position. Lets face it, we have all noticed how often opposing teams are happy to let him have the ball because they know he rarely produces a decent end product.

The whole idea behind playing wingbacks is that they are to provide us with the width, but Emerson rarely does. Sure he gets away with things when Kulu is there to hold his hand but when Kulu is not there he gives us nothing going forward.

Last edited:
Emerson is a decent right back but is a tinkle poor wingback. But while Emerson was an idiot for a stupidly unnecessary foul, I am not gonna slag him off for his poor performances at right wingback, no, the only person who deserves criticism is Conte for continually playing an underperforming player in the same position. Lets face it, we have all noticed how often opposing teams are happy to let him have the ball because they no he rarely produces a decent end product.

The who idea behind playing wingbacks is that they are to provide us with the width, but Emerson rarely does. Sure he gets away with things when Kulu is there to hold his hand but when Kulu is not there he gives us nothing going forward.
He does give us width… but it’s static and useless
He runs all day too, but at the same speed
He offers us so little variety and dynamisms
Why he pays for a scouting report of Hakimi I’ll
never understand. It isn’t gonna make him change his natural style or fix his basics

VVD should go but Royal could have broken Martinelli's ankle. It's a fudging ridiculous tackle. At least VVD has reason to make a challenge there, Royal doesn't.

If it was one of them on one of ours, we'd be screaming for it.

VVD should go but Royal could have broken Martinelli's ankle. It's a fudging ridiculous tackle. At least VVD has reason to make a challenge there, Royal doesn't.

If it was one of them on one of ours, we'd be screaming for it.
There was absolutely no force in Royals "tackle". Not dangerous at all. Van Dijk on the other hand came with full force and an outstretched leg. Totally different. Royal just dangled his leg without any force.

There was absolutely no force in Royals "tackle". Not dangerous at all. Van Dijk on the other hand came with full force and an outstretched leg. Totally different. Royal just dangled his leg without any force.

This every day for me. No malice, no force, just a poor, sloppy, mistimed tackle that scratched the side of an opponent's ankle. Clear yellow, obviously, but to send him off for that was just ridiculous.

I like Royal more than most on here but Doherty continues like yesterday and the shirt has to be his. Defensively very good and took up much better offensive positions than Royal does. Should have scored early on too even if it wasn’t a simple chance.

Back