• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Elon Musk buys twitter

I found the official app very advert heavy

You can choose the 'Following' section to just see tweets in order of latest first from those you follow. The algorithm stuff if awful, endless spam or alerting you off news from 2/3 days back. Biggest annoyance is that the algorithm page is always the default and I don't think you can change it.

You can create lists of specific accounts though and just browse those, I have one for football that I just read when I don't want to see anything else.

You can choose the 'Following' section to just see tweets in order of latest first from those you follow. The algorithm stuff if awful, endless spam or alerting you off news from 2/3 days back. Biggest annoyance is that the algorithm page is always the default and I don't think you can change it.

You can create lists of specific accounts though and just browse those, I have one for football that I just read when I don't want to see anything else.

still ads there though right?

mean’s you have to flip to it every time, rather than it being the default feed?

still ads there though right?

mean’s you have to flip to it every time, rather than it being the default feed?

Yeah but you just slide across to it, literally 1 second job. Still ads but I don't think it's realistic to expect services to be free, they have huge running costs that have to be paid for somehow. You can always pay for Twitter Blue and avoid them though they do seem to be more frequent now and formatted to look more like a post so it's less obvious to spot them instantly.

My App on iPhone is always on "Following".
Twitter is brilliant if you follow the right people.
It's on you, if you follow imbeciles.

Yeah but you just slide across to it, literally 1 second job. Still ads but I don't think it's realistic to expect services to be free, they have huge running costs that have to be paid for somehow. You can always pay for Twitter Blue and avoid them though they do seem to be more frequent now and formatted to look more like a post so it's less obvious to spot them instantly.

that’s the thing, third party apps didn’t need that one second job, and I used to check Twitter a lot, that would probably cost me an hour a week

I was happy with their ad funded model, third party apps were about 7% of their user base, I wasn’t freeloading on twitter, I was freeloading on those who liked the ads

and I was still a MAU and DAU in the stats they used to sell those ads

and some of my content, which I gave to their site for free, was gold

Links to tweets now go through x.com first, which means forum plugins don't work properly and they won't load.

Is he deliberately trying to lose money or something, you'd think he'd realise how dumb all the changes are that he's making. Now you can't even block someone.

Is he deliberately trying to lose money or something, you'd think he'd realise how dumb all the changes are that he's making. Now you can't even block someone.
It is a move that doesn't make a lot of sense as the premium content providers, content that they provide for free, were already complaining about the bot/troll activity. They now will be utterly swamped and will pull the plug once and for all. Once they go so does Twitter.

Is he suggesting you have to pay to block?

its just so nobody can block him, it really is as simple as that

It is a move that doesn't make a lot of sense as the premium content providers, content that they provide for free, were already complaining about the bot/troll activity. They now will be utterly swamped and will pull the plug once and for all. Once they go so does Twitter.

Is he suggesting you have to pay to block?

No they're removing the block function entirely.

The amount of bots and spam on there is out of control, you basically can't read replies unless you're happy to scroll through a load of bot posts at the same time.

what has happened to Brand, he was married to Katy Perry, he's fallen a long way

She has put the boot in on him today, the truth will out on it I suppose lets see

Seems to be a weird Left v Right social media thing going on, fuelled in part by his MSM is shutting me down act

Im always cautious to go early on this stuff, but when you see he has a micro penis, it might have some truth ;)

F6KqZakWYAAY-nt

Back