• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Elon Musk buys twitter

Yep, just like Mason Greenwood and OJ Simpson, all absolutely fine.

More Kevin Spacy, Thomas Party. You think Brand murdered his wife? Okay then. Wasn't all that long ago some fans were upset we were signing Bissouma.

The premise of censorship is obviously not something you’re aware of. Or how totalitarian regimes control the media. There is nothing libertarian about censoring content. The idea that we should censor content that incites anger, crowds or mobs is straight out of Russia. Crazy to think that is occurring and advocated here.
Nobody has censored any content. No government organisation has forced anyone to do anything.

Youtube has been lobbied by, I suspect, thousands of people in the last few days to stop publishing Brand's videos. They are free to do that, as is everyone who has contacted Youtube in support of him. Youtube, owned by a private entity, has acted in the way it deems fit.

Nobody here has had their rights trampled on, nobody has forced anyone to do anything (except Brand, allegedly), and nobody is closing off anyone's free speech.

Nobody has censored any content. No government organisation has forced anyone to do anything.

Youtube has been lobbied by, I suspect, thousands of people in the last few days to stop publishing Brand's videos. They are free to do that, as is everyone who has contacted Youtube in support of him. Youtube, owned by a private entity, has acted in the way it deems fit.

Nobody here has had their rights trampled on, nobody has forced anyone to do anything (except Brand, allegedly), and nobody is closing off anyone's free speech.

Imagined you were acused of something. Imagine a member of our parliament then wrote to your employer or key business partner, asking them to cancel you. That was my initial point, and backing of Rumble. The censorship thing was posters on here believing shutting people off was the way to go. 'Inciting mobs' should result in censorship etc. Ironically, there is a mainstream 'mob-like' reaction whenever these stories hit. Which is probably justified. The media love it, it drives sales and hits, and we all lap it up. I find that distasteful, and I find parliament acting before our legal systems trying to cancel people concerning, and probably illegal.

Imagined you were acused of something. Imagine a member of our parliament then wrote to your employer or key business partner, asking them to cancel you. That was my initial point, and backing of Rumble. The censorship thing was posters on here believing shutting people off was the way to go. 'Inciting mobs' should result in censorship etc. Ironically, there is a mainstream 'mob-like' reaction whenever these stories hit. Which is probably justified. The media love it, it drives sales and hits, and we all lap it up. I find that distasteful, and I find parliament acting before our legal systems trying to cancel people concerning, and probably illegal.
Employers owe a duty of care. As I said in the Goon thread, any players that have invited girls to their Partey who didn't want to go, should be kept away from the club until the club's knows they're not a risk.

He has self published enough material for us to know what he is.

Really he has long have passed that point where he should have had a fatal shootout in some spunk scented compound.

Employers owe a duty of care. As I said in the Goon thread, any players that have invited girls to their Partey who didn't want to go, should be kept away from the club until the club's knows they're not a risk.

If it was me I would work within the framework of the law and open dialogue with the company I work with to ensure they do to, plenty of laws protecting the accused that way. What I wouldn't do it go on a platform to incite and attack alleged victims which would then put the company in a totally different position.

A tangential discussion. What has that to do with parliament?

It's what the employer should be doing anyway.

An MP has the right to lobby them to do the right thing just as much as anyone else has.

Interests lobby parliament. Parliament doesn’t ‘lobby’ businesses. In certain countries governments do very similar things and ‘lobby’ media. It results in media that is controlled in line with government desires. No one thinks that is a good idea obviously, unless you’ve gone full commie.

Interests lobby parliament. Parliament doesn’t ‘lobby’ businesses. In certain countries governments do very similar things and ‘lobby’ media. It results in media that is controlled in line with government desires. No one thinks that is a good idea obviously, unless you’ve gone full commie.
Lobbying is not the same as commanding. Google are not only free to do what they want but they're out of the jurisdiction of UK parliament anyway.

The govt can't make Google do anything, there's no risk of your concerns here.

Bluesky opened up registration for everyone recently. Based on technology originally intended for Twitter.

Not sure if I should sign up. Don't feel like I've missed that much breaking news not being on Twitter for a good while now and that was really all it was good for.

Back