• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Efficiency...or the lack of it

people need to think back to the actual games .

the number of shots and how many on targets isnt as relevant as the QUALITY of shot versus how many on target. the Quality of the shot and type of chances created is very much linked in with why the likes of united and other top teams are highly successful

Edit...What i am trying to say is that we may take alot of shots but they arent good chances and they arent high percentage shots normally

How many would take Bellamy?
Parker? well he has been excellent for us and worth the 5m.

Levy has back Harry BUT Harrys targeting players that are short term solutions because he cant get the desired transfers. Harry is not spending 20m on a second rate striker so he goes out and gets a loan. Harry is not spending 20m on a third rate defender. He would rather get in a loan to plug a gap until the summer. THATS WHAT THESE SIGNINGS ARE. Short term solutions shaped by the Boards brief of reducing squad size, getting out highly paid deadwood and raising transfer fees before starting out own transfer spree

The reason we had to buy to sell wasn't to do with money, our squad had more players over the age of 21 than could fit in the registered 25. It was to do with that not with the myth that Levy is some tight fisted scrooge, he isn't. Right now the type of players that will take us to the next level are hard to attract for a club with the level of our overseas reputation as they are the genuine world class or nearly world class but already well known players such as Goetze, Hazard, Neymar,Rossie, Cavani Llorente etc. We seem to try and fail for these players and then decide to go for short term loans or older pro's to cover us, but what we should be doing is signing rough diamonds who have the potential to be extremely good players. Levy was renown for signing young players with sell on value, why has this suddenly changed?

We have been prepared to spend relatively huge amounts on players like Berbatov, Van der Vaart, Sandro, Modric who all either are good enough or have the potential to play for any team in the world. Van der Vaart was a famous face yes but the likes of Berbs, Sandro and Modric were touted as talents but weren't really on the radar of the bigger teams.

I just don't think we are trying hard enough to scout players at this sort of level anymore, its nothing to do with Levy suddenly changing his mind and wanting to tighten the purse strings. IMVHO we need to revamp our whole transfer system

It's times like these when we're not that potent in front of goal that set-pieces become so vital. We'd probably still be challenging for the title at this stage if we half decent at them!

The reason we had to buy to sell wasn't to do with money, our squad had more players over the age of 21 than could fit in the registered 25. It was to do with that not with the myth that Levy is some tight fisted scrooge, he isn't. Right now the type of players that will take us to the next level are hard to attract for a club with the level of our overseas reputation as they are the genuine world class or nearly world class but already well known players such as Goetze, Hazard, Neymar,Rossie, Cavani Llorente etc. We seem to try and fail for these players and then decide to go for short term loans or older pro's to cover us, but what we should be doing is signing rough diamonds who have the potential to be extremely good players. Levy was renown for signing young players with sell on value, why has this suddenly changed?

We have been prepared to spend relatively huge amounts on players like Berbatov, Van der Vaart, Sandro, Modric who all either are good enough or have the potential to play for any team in the world. Van der Vaart was a famous face yes but the likes of Berbs, Sandro and Modric were touted as talents but weren't really on the radar of the bigger teams.

I just don't think we are trying hard enough to scout players at this sort of level anymore, its nothing to do with Levy suddenly changing his mind and wanting to tighten the purse strings. IMVHO we need to revamp our whole transfer system

I dont think anyone is blaming Levy I just think the majority are blaming Harry when not thinking as to why Harry is actually going for these short term solutions. When stating that Nielsen and Saha are the calibre of players that Harry has targeted, what people are ignoring is why is Harry going for these players. So I am just setting the record straight.

As for going for the rough diamonds - well we are arent we? Did we not get Coullibaly? or the couple of lads from Barca? BUT our squad now needs established experienced players who will fit into the squad and offer something. That unfortunately takes money and success

Anyone mentioned that our striker coach is les ferdinand?

Bring in teddy sheringham or bergkamp is on his way out of ajax, hell anyone but ferdinand.

On the topic of strikers, I would love us to sign Steven Fletcher. Great first touch, good hold up play, quick, strong and decent finishing. If wolves go down we could get him for around ?ú6-8 mil I reckon.

Van der Vaart could have placed his effort today as well, but blasted it straight at Čech instead. We often seem to lack that composure when the chances come.

The guy with the best shot is not getting much of a look in.

Lets face it Defoe is our most likely goal scorer. If we are playing badly or getting outplayed or really need a goal and one is not coming.

Just put him on and say , go and be selfish and get us a goal.

It is more likely to work that other things.

Don't think this is an issue.

We were poor in those 4 games (Arsenal to Stoke) because we lost the midfield. Finishing wasn't the issue.

Ade and vdV contribute so much to our alround play that I'll happily forgive them the odd misfire.

The guy with the best shot is not getting much of a look in.

Lets face it Defoe is our most likely goal scorer. If we are playing badly or getting outplayed or really need a goal and one is not coming.

Just put him on and say , go and be selfish and get us a goal.

It is more likely to work that other things.

But that's when we get arse rapped in midfield - when you have passengers like Defoe or Saha stood twiddling their thumbs in the 6 yard box.

Better today to draw 0-0, than lose 4-2 like we would have done with Defoe playing.

Don't think this is an issue.

We were poor in those 4 games (Arsenal to Stoke) because we lost the midfield. Finishing wasn't the issue.

Ade and vdV contribute so much to our alround play that I'll happily forgive them the odd misfire.

No finishing was the issue. When you create opportunities and they dont get tucked away you aint gonna win. Ok you may draw 0-0 but you wont win. So no matter how you do defensively unless you put ball in net you will at best get a point

I agree though that they both contribute with Ade being moreso vital as without him we really have no presence up front BUT we do need someone in the future who can be more clinical.

No finishing was the issue. When you create opportunities and they dont get tucked away you aint gonna win. Ok you may draw 0-0 but you wont win. So no matter how you do defensively unless you put ball in net you will at best get a point

I agree though that they both contribute with Ade being moreso vital as without him we really have no presence up front BUT we do need someone in the future who can be more clinical.

We still got completely outplayed by 4 teams in a row (which is unusual for us since we've developed into a possession side). The one point we took from those games was undeserved - anything more would have been robbery. Although we've not been high scorers this year, we have been doing enough to win games all season long, up till the last month when for various reasons vdV wasn't playing in the hole.

I'm not saying that we wouldn't benefit from picking up a better finisher option for next season (Leandro perhaps) though of course.

We still got completely outplayed by 4 teams in a row (which is unusual for us since we've developed into a possession side). The one point we took from those games was undeserved - anything more would have been robbery. Although we've not been high scorers this year, we have been doing enough to win games all season long, up till the last month when for various reasons vdV wasn't playing in the hole.

I'm not saying that we wouldn't benefit from picking up a better finisher option for next season (Leandro perhaps) though of course.

We were outplayed by Arse yes but Utd, Stoke did not outplay us. Everton didnt even outplay us. Granted we werent as fluid or as dynamic as we had been in the past but we were not terrible and were not outplayed. We just looked toothless up front. I wouldnt even mind seeing the possession stats, because im fairly sure we would have had the far share.

yeah its about finishing all right.

after yesterday's game I'm having serious doubts about Ade being the striker we need. sure he's a nice guy and all but he sure has a very poor first touch.

VDV should have scored too... but I'd say that if a RB/LB scored it would have been a bonus.

i feel that our lack of clinical finishing is responsible for the recent slide. Its the lack of fear of our attack that emboldens the other teams to throw bodies to attack. Also the way we play when we attack with like all the midfield and two of the fullbacks, we don't like fast breaks. its very predictable...we occupy for 2 minutes, get bored, try something that doesn't pay off and suddenly you have two of theirs springing the attack and five of ours struggling to get back, with gaping holes all over the back line. Repeat cycle.

From F365
Indeed, Spurs have been almost criminally profligate of late - in their last five league games, they have taken 99 shots, scoring just four times. Of course, that run has been tough, but in the previous 25 games, they averaged roughly the same number of shots, but scored 49 goals.

Thats crazy...and pretty much what happened this time last season.

From F365
Indeed, Spurs have been almost criminally profligate of late - in their last five league games, they have taken 99 shots, scoring just four times. Of course, that run has been tough, but in the previous 25 games, they averaged roughly the same number of shots, but scored 49 goals.

Thats crazy...and pretty much what happened this time last season.

So we scored 1 in every 10 shots in our first 25 games and in the last 5 we've scored 1 in every 25.

In our last 5 games how many clear cut chances did we have though?

Against gooners we had 2 and scored both.

Against Man united we had none and scored 1.

Against Everton we had the Saha chance at the end.

Against Stoke we had none.

Against Chelsea we had a few and should have scored at least 2 of them but in the other games it's not as if we've been missing clear cut chances.

Should score more than 4 goals from 99 shots. Clear cut or otherwise.

Just goes to show that a bad run can affect everything, including a lucky break, or deflection here and there

Back