• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Efficiency...or the lack of it

Robbo

Les Ferdinand
In the past four league games we've had 83 shots, 43 of them on target.
We've scored two goals from these 83 shots. That's astonishing, really.

Comparing us with Manure, they have had 59 shots, 41 on target, in their last four games, scoring 12 goals.

We have been so far from clinical lately, its ridiculous. Had we had the same shots/shots on target/goals ratio as Manure, we should've had 16-17 goals from our last four games.

Why is this? Do we not practice finishing at all? Or are our players simply not good at finishing, period?

It's been like this all season. We've probably created 600 goal chances. We wasted a whole bunch of them earlier too, and we should have won matches with 4 or 5 goals instead of 1 and 2. It's actually quite amazing we haven't gotten more points and goals than we have.

Earlier on in the season I said that we cannot continue to miss the chances we are missing. Some obviously said as long as we were winning who cares. Which is all well n good but eventually your 1 or 2 goals is not enough and its just so happened that this is the case.

I think that our 'goal attempts' is totally skewed by the fact that the likes of Bale et al are taking shots from ridiculous angles or fairly distant from goal. How many have been clear cut chances? Today we had four, Bale with one, Gallas one, VDV and Ade both with one.

Earlier on in the season I said that we cannot continue to miss the chances we are missing. Some obviously said as long as we were winning who cares. Which is all well n good but eventually your 1 or 2 goals is not enough and its just so happened that this is the case.

I think that our 'goal attempts' is totally skewed by the fact that the likes of Bale et al are taking shots from ridiculous angles or fairly distant from goal. How many have been clear cut chances? Today we had four, Bale with one, Gallas one, VDV and Ade both with one.

Walker had a good opportunity aswell.

Charlie every time I see your avatar I think to how brick we were in the nineties!!!!

Shocking stats for sure. We need a striker who can score 20-30.

Charlie every time I see your avatar I think to how brick we were in the nineties!!!!

Shocking stats for sure. We need a striker who can score 20-30.

A striker would really thrive in our team. The amount of chances we create borders on the ridiculous.

4 clear cut chances should be enough for the top teams. And 1 or 2 goals would have been enough today

In the past four league games we've had 83 shots, 43 of them on target.
We've scored two goals from these 83 shots. That's astonishing, really.

Comparing us with Manure, they have had 59 shots, 41 on target, in their last four games, scoring 12 goals.

We have been so far from clinical lately, its ridiculous. Had we had the same shots/shots on target/goals ratio as Manure, we should've had 16-17 goals from our last four games.

Why is this? Do we not practice finishing at all? Or are our players simply not good at finishing, period?

Takes us back to the fact that Rednapp has failed to address the forward problem we have.

Put a clinical finisher in our team we'd tinkle the league.

Theres no longer dof to blame it lies squarely with Rednapp.

I'd love to of seen what JOL would have done with us with no interference from anyone.

Takes us back to the fact that Rednapp has failed to address the forward problem we have.

Put a clinical finisher in our team we'd tinkle the league.

Theres no longer dof to blame it lies squarely with Rednapp.

I'd love to of seen what JOL would have done with us with no interference from anyone.

NO just NO.

It does not lie with Harry. Why do people seem to think that it is Harrys fault? He was not allowed to buy anyone without getting rid of players. He was not able to bring anyone in with what we were willing to pay in terms of transfers and wages.

If we get top four and CL I guarantee that we will get a striker in

NO just NO.

It does not lie with Harry. Why do people seem to think that it is Harrys fault? He was not allowed to buy anyone without getting rid of players. He was not able to bring anyone in with what we were willing to pay in terms of transfers and wages.

If we get top four and CL I guarantee that we will get a striker in

We know what Redknapp's recent transfers with us are like and his targets as well:

Parker
Saha
Gallas
Nelsen

and he has targeted the likes of:

Neville
Joe Cole
Distin
Bellamy etc

With us this season he has looked to get old professionals to either mentor our squad or get short term success. In fact if you remember last season Redknapp said himself he was told that he was allowed to go out and spend big money to get big players.

I don't think we have a decent enough scouting system in place at present to identify the rough diamonds to polish that can turn us into a consistent top 4 team. Either that or Redknapp just wants to target the older players. A lot of people are either in camp Levy or camp Harry when it comes to transfers, but its worth noting that Levy has backed Harry all the way this season when it comes to transfers.

It would help if we actually bought a consistent goalscorer

This. Adebayor has good hold up/link up play but it has to be said that his finishing is not top quality. I think we're an Aguero away from being a top top side. Just a shame we can't afford or persuade an Aguero to come to us.

We know what Redknapp's recent transfers with us are like and his targets as well:

Parker
Saha
Gallas
Nelsen

and he has targeted the likes of:

Neville
Joe Cole
Distin
Bellamy etc

With us this season he has looked to get old professionals to either mentor our squad or get short term success. In fact if you remember last season Redknapp said himself he was told that he was allowed to go out and spend big money to get big players.

I don't think we have a decent enough scouting system in place at present to identify the rough diamonds to polish that can turn us into a consistent top 4 team. Either that or Redknapp just wants to target the older players. A lot of people are either in camp Levy or camp Harry when it comes to transfers, but its worth noting that Levy has backed Harry all the way this season when it comes to transfers.

How many would take Bellamy?
Parker? well he has been excellent for us and worth the 5m.

Levy has back Harry BUT Harrys targeting players that are short term solutions because he cant get the desired transfers. Harry is not spending 20m on a second rate striker so he goes out and gets a loan. Harry is not spending 20m on a third rate defender. He would rather get in a loan to plug a gap until the summer. THATS WHAT THESE SIGNINGS ARE. Short term solutions shaped by the Boards brief of reducing squad size, getting out highly paid deadwood and raising transfer fees before starting out own transfer spree

One moment from Adebayor second half today typified the problem. A brilliant run down the left flank saw him leave two defenders for dead, he swept on towards the touchline inside the box but instead of cutting the simple and OBVIOUS ball back in to whoever it was in a tasty spot (VdV?) for a shot on goal he blasted a cross/shot way over Walker's head beyond the far post.

GGGRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Back