• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dzeko - just f**k off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing with Modric is it needs to be sorted as early as possible. We cant have a whole summer of uncertainty when we need to concentrate solely on the team.

Ithink our style of play demands a mobile central striker

True. But when have we ever been that strategic with our transfers.

Frankly, just cannot see Modric staying even if we qualify for CL. If we had stayed in the title chase, he probably would have been influenced to stay. But after the way we have struggled in recent matches, can see him being lured to other clubs.

Depends who the manager is ultimately. Everyone would stay for Mourinho/Klopp, but Modric, Bale and vdV will def be off if we go for a second grade manager like Moyes.

Go figure considering Dzeko has scored 13 league goals in 27 matches while Adebayor has scored 13 league goals in 29 matches. Bear in mind also Dzeko's appearances consists of more substitute appearances thus less minutes on the pitch

Adebayor was effectively free though

i dont want another summer of a wantaway Modric.....sell him, and tbh, id rather sell to City than any other English club

True. But when have we ever been that strategic with our transfers.

Depends who the manager is ultimately. Everyone would stay for Mourinho/Klopp, but Modric, Bale and vdV will def be off if we go for a second grade manager like Moyes.

dont put Klopp in the same sentence as Mourinho

would he start ahead of silva or toure? probs not.

he'll just be another nasri if he goes, bench warmer.

I think negativity in the rgound can only normally be counter productive. Although I have booed on occasion (0-3 at home to Middlesbrough for example)

But my point is that we arent at the lane and this is a message board. Here is the correct place to rant and rave, like you say better here than at the ground.

But back to the topic, every player, manager, whoever comes out and talks about other teams players, and were as guilty of it as any other club in the league.

Years of therapy undone. Thanks.

Edin Džeko

Not seen him mentioned on here for a while.. See he scored again tonight and would be happy if he was to join in the summer..

Re: Edin Džeko

Latest rumour a couple of weeks back was a potential Cavani-Dzeko swap. There's always Dortmund, but they have other targets too. Do not see City letting him go to another PL club though

City paid 27m for him... I don't see them selling him as cheaply as they sold Ade. Super sub is part of their plans. At least, he might be if they had a manager with plans.

New manager may want to assess squad for the season.

good player though who would do well for us. Decent finisher and good positioning.

Unlikely he'll come to us but I he was a player I was desperately hoping we would sign before he went to City. I don't think we've seen half of what he is capable of.

I still remember (with a mixture of pain and respect) his four goal haul against us at WHL and wrote at the time that I thought it was the best display of finishing that I had ever seen from a player (against us). I think he would be immense at WHL, but as stated earlier, I can't see Emirates Marketing Project letting him go to a rival team.

Edin MOFO'ing Dzeko

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/658342196?-11179:5808 crazy crazy rumours or complete guff that we have bid 19m smackers on Mr Dzeko.....Cant see this one myself but im sure a lot of gg posters would love this to happen.. would Emirates Marketing Project sell to us????? surely they see us as a rival and it would be no go???? and his wages must be out of reach. Either way could be an alternative if soldado doesn't work out and maybe a slightly cheaper transfer fee may mean we can do a little more wage wise.....would love to see what he can do with regular footie would be a great buy.........wonder if danny boy is interested????\o/

Re: Edin MOFO'ing Dzeko

Would be happy with Dzeko, I think we need to replace both Defoe and Ade and bringing in Dzeko and Soldado would be great, whilst the third striker I'd hope would be a youngster, I think Kane and Obika will leave this window, so hopefully loan Morata from Madrid as part of our 'special relationship'.

Re: Edin MOFO'ing Dzeko

Could only see it as a loan, and only because it means he wouldn't be able to play against City therefore giving them an advantage over Chelsea and Man U.

I would be over the moon if we signed Dzeko permanently. I think the striker he was at Wolfsburg is still in him deep down: that relentless, hard-working, quick passing, all-round striker he once was. All he needs is a manager who doesn't treat him like dog turd (Mancini) or evidently view him as third or even fourth choice (Pellegrini). Loan wouldn't make sense (we'd have the same striker problem again next summer, while potentially gifting City a re-motivated, re-energized striker to boot), but on a permanent deal? I'd easily take him over Soldado or Damiao.

Sadly I don't think City would sell to us in a million years, or that we could afford his wages. Sigh.

I would be over the moon if we signed Dzeko permanently. I think the striker he was at Wolfsburg is still in him deep down: that relentless, hard-working, quick passing, all-round striker he once was. All he needs is a manager who doesn't treat him like dog turd (Mancini) or evidently view him as third or even fourth choice (Pellegrini). Loan wouldn't make sense (we'd have the same striker problem again next summer, while potentially gifting City a re-motivated, re-energized striker to boot), but on a permanent deal? I'd easily take him over Soldado or Damiao.

Sadly I don't think City would sell to us in a million years, or that we could afford his wages. Sigh.

I agree with all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back