• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dzeko - just f**k off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Its forbidden to insult others on here....but you can say what you like about the team \o/

Exactly right. Thats because the topic of discussion is Tottenham Hotspur. It's a spurs message board. What should people tak about? Italian renaissace?

And EVERYBODY is entitled to an opinion - and shouldn't be labelled a **** for sharing it.

I'm sorry, but this sounds borderline deluded.

Do you really think, from an objective point of view, that a player would only move to City ahead of Spurs because of the money at this point in time?

Yep, it is always partly about prestige, career progression and money. When City were in 10th and starting their 'project' they did not get players like Modric, even though they could offer so much more than most. Broadly speaking, they got the best players that could for their level. And so it goes on. Emirates Marketing Project are now title challengers and pretty much guaranteed CL every year. I mean, people keep talking about qualiying for the CL to keep our best players, as if this is also the limit of their ambitions. Whereas he can go to Emirates Marketing Project, challenge for the title every year guaranteed (for next few years anyway) and play in the CL every year guaranteed.

The reason we've managed to hold onto him is that he still has several years left on his contract. We couldn't hold onto to Berbatov and Carrick because they had two years left and still wanted out. Keane was the exception and it was just silly money to turn down for a 29 year old. And so it proved.... and then we bought him back <facepalm>

Last edited:
Exactly right. Thats because the topic of discussion is Tottenham Hotspur. It's a spurs message board. What should people tak about? Italian renaissace?

And EVERYBODY is entitled to an opinion - and shouldn't be labelled a **** for sharing it.

Whic is why I dont understand why Im being pestered for slagging off Modric

Whic is why I dont understand why Im being pestered for slagging off Modric

I think maybe its because your labelling people 'c#nts' and 'poison' for having negative views on Redknapp. If you don't like Modric thats fine, but your post about him was a sarcastic tinkle take anyway.

Dzeko will be lucky if he is still there next season, had there not been silly money thrown around on Carrol and Torres he would be the flop of the season

Dzeko will be lucky if he is still there next season, had there not been silly money thrown around on Carrol and Torres he would be the flop of the season
I wouldn't be that harsh on him. I thought he had a poor start to his City career but came good for a large portion of the season. Add to that he was up against Ageuro, Balotelli and now Tevez for a starting berth. For me he's been average, not brilliant but not pants either.

I think maybe its because your labelling people 'c#nts' and 'poison' for having negative views on Redknapp.

No Im not, I have some negative views on him myself. Its how you express them that makes a difference.

Let me ask you, if you were at WHL, and some people behind you were shouting out some of the things that have been said in this thread (the things Im angry about NOT the critique, but the disgusting hysteric abuse), would you just sit there and nod in agreement?

sounds like another premature meltdown to me , but anyway

dzeko is just looking towards next season, thats all. he wants to help his club get the players they need to finally beat united.

i think this is the case because i have a sneaky feeling city know united will be in for modric this summer

its still the same thing. i have no ill will towards a professional footballer that wants to progress their careers. i leave that emotional roller coaster for those that cant take what football is all about, might be a culture / enviroment thing, if LEVY wants to sell then take them for everything they are worth...if he doesnt then we dont sell at any cost. if it were up to me alone it would be the latter, dont sell at any cost..guy signed a contract...he stays.

gonna be an interesting summer

I wouldn't be that harsh on him. I thought he had a poor start to his City career but came good for a large portion of the season. Add to that he was up against Ageuro, Balotelli and now Tevez for a starting berth. For me he's been average, not brilliant but not pants either.

?ú27m though, thats a lot of money for average

No Im not, I have some negative views on him myself. Its how you express them that makes a difference.

Let me ask you, if you were at WHL, and some people behind you were shouting out some of the things that have been said in this thread (the things Im angry about NOT the critique, but the disgusting hysteric abuse), would you just sit there and nod in agreement?

I think negativity in the rgound can only normally be counter productive. Although I have booed on occasion (0-3 at home to Middlesbrough for example)

But my point is that we arent at the lane and this is a message board. Here is the correct place to rant and rave, like you say better here than at the ground.

But back to the topic, every player, manager, whoever comes out and talks about other teams players, and were as guilty of it as any other club in the league.

I think negativity in the rgound can only normally be counter productive. Although I have booed on occasion (0-3 at home to Middlesbrough for example)

But my point is that we arent at the lane and this is a message board. Here is the correct place to rant and rave, like you say better here than at the ground.

But back to the topic, every player, manager, whoever comes out and talks about other teams players, and were as guilty of it as any other club in the league.

Fair enough mate.

?ú27m though, thats a lot of money for average

When you put it like that yes, poor return on investment. But I guess the project don't care about value for money.

From his Wolfsburg form he was definitely worth about 20mil. And to be honest I was hoping Spurs would get him but that ship full of wages has well and truly sailed now.

I'm sorry, but this sounds borderline deluded.

Do you really think, from an objective point of view, that a player would only move to City ahead of Spurs because of the money at this point in time?

Yes of course they're more advanced than us, ?ú1billion tends to take you up a few notches, but it is my opinion that the main reason any player will choose city is for the fact they will set themselves up for life.

Now I'm not saying money isn't important but if a player was offered ?ú120,000 a week to sign for Manchester united or ?ú200,000 for City and he chooses City it is my honest opinion that that says everything you need to know about that player. On those wages at United he would still set himself up for life and get the chance to join a club with so much history it defies belief.

I know it's a bit hypothetical but just trying to get over my opinion.

Go figure considering Dzeko has scored 13 league goals in 27 matches while Adebayor has scored 13 league goals in 29 matches. Bear in mind also Dzeko's appearances consists of more substitute appearances thus less minutes on the pitch

Frankly, just cannot see Modric staying even if we qualify for CL. If we had stayed in the title chase, he probably would have been influenced to stay. But after the way we have struggled in recent matches, can see him being lured to other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back