• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dusan Vlahovic

We need to sign in this window romagnoli, lamptey, brozovic, kessie and vlahovic.

£45m should get lamptey and florence are getting piatek now, so vlahovic up for grabs for £60m.

The others are frees in the summer, so a combined £30m needed to secure them now.

Total £135m just hurry up and get on with it ffs.

There's still no playmaker in that. It would be a strong team, but quite a hollow one offensively

I’d genuinely take anyone right now as a forward if there relatively capable and moderately experienced it’s an improvement
Brereton Diaz at Blackburn is one to keep an eye on I think. Blackburn apparently want crazy money for him now with the player only having 6 months left on his deal as the club are pushing for promotion. If he doesn't sign a new deal there though or somebody else pay the crazy fee this January then he could be a good option on a freebie for a backup striker (association trained as well as another bonus)

There's still no playmaker in that. It would be a strong team, but quite a hollow one offensively
It's not really the way that Conte's team's play though. I suspect that in an ideal World Conte team, Moura would be swapped for a player who makes better decisions and executes passes better than Moura does (i.e. an Eriksen type player instead).

Brereton Diaz at Blackburn is one to keep an eye on I think. Blackburn apparently want crazy money for him now with the player only having 6 months left on his deal as the club are pushing for promotion. If he doesn't sign a new deal there though or somebody else pay the crazy fee this January then he could be a good option on a freebie for a backup striker (association trained as well as another bonus)
I liked him at Forrest and never understood the move to black run
I remember @Gutter Boy and @Danishfurniturelover and I all discussing his merits about 4 years ago it must be
I think he could be a good viable non sexy fit TBH

It's not really the way that Conte's team's play though. I suspect that in an ideal World Conte team, Moura would be swapped for a player who makes better decisions and executes passes better than Moura does (i.e. an Eriksen type player instead).

Eriksen is available …

but your right. It’s not how conte teams play despite what our fans keep in demanding

Conte seems to want a lot of offensive potential down the flanks rather than relying on a central playmaker or two.
Imagining two strong wingbacks being able to feed (say) Vlahovic and Son with Kane a bit deeper behind them...you'd need defenders and central midfielders able to pass and shield the ball well, draw opposition in before getting it out wide. Less requirement to dribble through the middle or find lots of creative passes front and centre.

If vlahovic doesn't leave fiorentina this jan i doubt he will in the summer. Might as well stay another year and pocket the transfer fee himself.

If vlahovic doesn't leave fiorentina this jan i doubt he will in the summer. Might as well stay another year and pocket the transfer fee himself.
Depends on what he is earning at Fiorentina and his risk appetite around potential of getting a bad injury.... He's probably on no more than £20k to £30k a week at Fiorentina considering that they aren't big payers and he would've signed his deal before he had really established himself. Sometimes it makes sense for a player to move earlier, get themselves a £30m+ contract that makes them for life and removes that risk of injury. If this was a player in his mid to late twenties who has already earnt lots of money from the game I would agree with you, but a 21 year old player moving to a bigger club is far less likely to sit things out.

Depends on what he is earning at Fiorentina and his risk appetite around potential of getting a bad injury.... He's probably on no more than £20k to £30k a week at Fiorentina considering that they aren't big payers and he would've signed his deal before he had really established himself. Sometimes it makes sense for a player to move earlier, get themselves a £30m+ contract that makes them for life and removes that risk of injury. If this was a player in his mid to late twenties who has already earnt lots of money from the game I would agree with you, but a 21 year old player moving to a bigger club is far less likely to sit things out.

In the summer he'd only need to wait till jan to sign a precontract. A few months wait could be worth millions to him. I'd wait.

What I’d he got injured … badly
He will go in the next 6 months and be paid as an elite player

Oh it's a risk. But it's the same for any player running their contract down. How much would he fetch in the summer for fiorentina? He could just wait till jan, sign a pre contract and pocket most of it.

Oh it's a risk. But it's the same for any player running their contract down. How much would he fetch in the summer for fiorentina? He could just wait till jan, sign a pre contract and pocket most of it.
£50m this summer to the club
Or he can get £10m a year for 5 years extra in pay

Risk is bigger for a young player who hasn't yet signed a big contract anywhere. He will be made for life after signing his next contract (whether it is with Fiorentina getting a fee or not). If he refuses moves away and sticks around then Fiorentina could decide to banish him to the reserves which may also reduce the demand for him and thus the wage he could command. His stock is incredibly high right now. Moving to a big club (or us) for £150,000 a week is a great option for a 21 year old striker off the back of 1 to 1.5 good seasons only.

Risk is bigger for a young player who hasn't yet signed a big contract anywhere. He will be made for life after signing his next contract (whether it is with Fiorentina getting a fee or not). If he refuses moves away and sticks around then Fiorentina could decide to banish him to the reserves which may also reduce the demand for him and thus the wage he could command. His stock is incredibly high right now. Moving to a big club (or us) for £150,000 a week is a great option for a 21 year old striker off the back of 1 to 1.5 good seasons only.

Fiorentina won't banish him to the reserves. Their next highest goal scorer has 2 goals this season. He's been offered a new contract at fiorentina (that would have made him their highest ever paid player), which he turned down.

There are plenty of young players that will be available on a free in the summer. Mazraoui at ajax for one who is currently on £3500 a week and been linked with real madrid.

We'll see. Just think if we don't get him now. We won't in the summer.

But they play a possession based game, with a high press and a false 9. If Conte wants to change us to play like Emirates Marketing Project then fine, we don’t need another striker but (from what I’ve seen) a proper CF looks absolutely essential to Conte’s gameplan (as it was to Mourinho’s as well).

I agree, WE need a 9 for Conte.

The first thing you need are CBS and CMs who are comfortable on the ball…. We had neither last night. (At least) 4 of our 5 players at CB and CM are much better players when we are out of possession than in possession, that’s why we are a dream to play against for a well coached, high pressing team.

Problem number 1 to solve is at least one CM who is good both with and without the ball.

Skipp has potential to develop as a fast and accurate short passer. I think last night showed why against the big teams right now we need Dier and Romero fit. I would also at least try LoCelso alongside Skipp; we need to know if there is anything there or not.

Has there been an actual credible link with us and this fella so far?

Quite a few I think but nothing in recent weeks. Them signing Piatek must mean he is off this somewhere this window. Otherwise they would be damaging the fee they could get by announcing Piatek first, I would have thought anyway

Back