• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Down White Hart Memory Lane

Which also leads to one of my favourite stories.

That West Ham match, sat in the Paxton. Berbs scored 2 goals in the first 10 mins both from Hudd crosses, then after 15 mins a bloke and his lad turn up and I end up describing both goals to him.
Game is still 2-0 after 80mins, bloke says, i've had enough we're off and says bye. Gilberto then makes it 3-0 and late on Bent bags a 4th.

Bloke has spent £60 plus for his 2 tickets, we win 4-0 and hasn't seen a single goal...quality

Which also leads to one of my favourite stories.

That West Ham match, sat in the Paxton. Berbs scored 2 goals in the first 10 mins both from Hudd crosses, then after 15 mins a bloke and his lad turn up and I end up describing both goals to him.
Game is still 2-0 after 80mins, bloke says, i've had enough we're off and says bye. Gilberto then makes it 3-0 and late on Bent bags a 4th.

Bloke has spent £60 plus for his 2 tickets, we win 4-0 and hasn't seen a single goal...quality

Loved that game. I was at university at the time, and I remember the game was on a Sunday and I'd been celebrating my birthday on the Saturday night. Got on a train in the morning having not been to bed, went straight to the Lane, watched us smash them, then came home to birthday cake at my parents' house before passing out on the sofa. Perfect weekend.

Thinking about that reminded me of another game the year before, where we beat Bolton 4-1. It was effectively the birth of Berbatov. We'd been going through a bad run, had just lost to Arsenal's reserves in the Carling Cup semi, people were saying we'd never live up to the previous season's shock success and that Berbatov was a flop signing (Janssen haters take note). The game starts and after about 20 minutes we were 3-0 up with Berbatov getting two assists, then Keane got sent off for a hand ball. Instead of allowing Bolton back into the game, we then witnessed one of the best lone forward performances I can remember, where we all watched open jawed at how good Berbatov's touch was, how well he held up the ball and created chances out of nothing. That win sparked a strong run to end the season where we climbed from the bottom half to finish 5th on the final day.

I remember them creaming over it on MOTD that evening and I've tried to find footage of the individual highlights since but haven't been able to. Anyone know where I could?

Last edited:
Loved that game. I was at university at the time, and I remember the game was on a Sunday and I'd been celebrating my birthday on the Saturday night. Got on a train in the morning having not been to bed, went straight to the Lane, watched us smash them, then came home to birthday cake at my parents' house before passing out on the sofa. Perfect weekend.

Thinking about that reminded me of another game the year before, where we beat Bolton 4-1. It was effectively the birth of Berbatov. We'd been going through a bad run, had just lost to Arsenal's reserves in the Carling Cup semi, people were saying we'd never live up to the previous season's shock success and that Berbatov was a flop signing (Janssen haters take note). The game starts and after about 20 minutes we were 3-0 up with Berbatov getting two assists, then Keane got sent off for a hand ball. Instead of allowing Bolton back into the game, we then witnessed one of the best lone forward performances I can remember, where we all watched open jawed at how good Berbatov's touch was, how well he held up the ball and created chances out of nothing. That win sparked a strong run to end the season where we climbed from the bottom half to finish 5th on the final day.

I remember them creaming over it on MOTD that evening and I've tried to find footage of the individual highlights since but haven't been able to. Anyone know where I could

Yes, was at that too. Great display by Berbatov that afternoon. Late goal from Lennon completed a great day

First game and memories of White Hart Lane was 19th Nov 1994 and a 3-4 home defeat to Aston Villa for Gerry Francis' first game in charge. Got to the ground 5 mins late and Villa had already gone 0-1 up through Dalian Atkinson I think? 0-3 down after half an hour, back to 3-3 by around 75 mins and lost with the last kick of the game. Destined to be a Spurs fan after all that!

Favourite and memorable games for me would be 5-1 v Chelsea in League Cup 2002, 5-1 v Aston Villa 2005, 2-1 v Chelsea 2006, 3-1 v Brugge 2006, 2-2 v Sevilla 2007, 4-4 v Aston Villa 2007, 6-4 v Reading 2007, 5-1 v Arsenal 2008, 2-1 v Liverpool 2008, 9-1 v Wigan 2009, 4-0 v Young Boys 2010, 3-3 v Arsenal 2011, 5-0 v Saudi Sportswashing Machine 2012, 3-1 v Emirates Marketing Project 2013, 4-1 v West Ham 2015

I have too many memories to star talking about individual games but the one that sticks in my mind ( and always will) was the game at the Lane against Anderlecht in the second leg of the final. I have never ( before or since) been at a game where i went through so many emotions , at varying times i was feeling sick, sad, happy, and the knot in my stomach for all the game was painful.

i was shaking when i left the game and i actually threw up on the way home, what a night.

I have too many memories to star talking about individual games but the one that sticks in my mind ( and always will) was the game at the Lane against Anderlecht in the second leg of the final. I have never ( before or since) been at a game where i went through so many emotions , at varying times i was feeling sick, sad, happy, and the knot in my stomach for all the game was painful.

i was shaking when i left the game and i actually threw up on the way home, what a night.
That was a hell of a night. I got there when the gates opened - maybe 2 1/2 hours before kick off - and when Parks saved that penalty there was such mayhem I swallowed half an unlit cigarette that came from who knows where. I could hardly speak for three days my throat was so sore from all the shouting.

That was the second final I missed by being on holiday, got back to Gatwick at 7pm and listened to match on radio, missed 1987 Cup Final as well.

That was the second final I missed by being on holiday, got back to Gatwick at 7pm and listened to match on radio, missed 1987 Cup Final as well.

Believe me mate you did yourself a favour, we never turned up and so many of our best players did not perform. I took my Dad to the game on my sons season ticket ( my lad was ill) and i have never taken him to see Spurs since ( i blamed him :mad:)

Believe me mate you did yourself a favour, we never turned up and so many of our best players did not perform. I took my Dad to the game on my sons season ticket ( my lad was ill) and i have never taken him to see Spurs since ( i blamed him :mad:)

Bought a short wave radio so that I could listen to it on World Service, was strange sitting by pool in Orlando at 10am in morning.

Hello fellow Spurs fans,

On the 19th of March, I probably attended White Hart Lane for the last very time, ending a 20 year love affair. All the shed tears might be in vein though considering the recent news that we may in fact be staying a for a further season, nonetheless, I wrote all about my visit and made a video too & wanted to share.

I also have a whole album of pictures from the match on my Facebook page, come check them out & please give it a 'LIKE' - www.facebook.com/beautifulgame15

BLOG: http://beautifulgame2015.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/minute-by-minute-tottenham-hotspur-fc.html

VLOG:

I have been going since 1971. We beat Hudderfield 4-1 on my first visit. I stood by the south west floodlight stanchion with my best mate. I remember being mesmerized by the noise coming from the Park Lane. It only took a few more visits and I was standing in the middle of the Park lane myself. Of course, in those days you could walk right around the ground, and if you wanted you could swap ends depending on what end Spurs were kicking. No tickets, just a 50p or so and you were in. Unfortunately there was loads of violence, but to be honest when I was a teenager it sorted of added to the excitement. I remember buying a 2 pint plastic hopper of lager, squeezing it over my head and catching it in my mouth. My Mum always gave me a dirty look when I arrived home stinking of beer, after all I was only 14. In those days there were few young kids or women that attended matches, and it was almost solely working class blokes. Probably not not politically correct to say so now, but it helped with the atmosphere.

I remember walking down the high Road with a hot dog stand every few yards. The whole area stunk of boiled onions, it was superb. In those days Tottenham was a relatively safe area, unlike now where it is full of foreigners and drug sellers. With my paper round money I took a bus to Enfield station and a short train ride to WHL. I was brought up in Borehamwood, and the vast majority of kids either supported Spurs or Arsenal, with a few Chelsea and West Ham fans added to the equation, after all to support a team outside London was totally alien then.

How things have changed !!

I remember walking down the high Road with a hot dog stand every few yards. The whole area stunk of boiled onions, it was superb. In those days Tottenham was a relatively safe area, unlike now where it is full of foreigners and drug sellers. With my paper round money I took a bus to Enfield station and a short train ride to WHL. I was brought up in Borehamwood, and the vast majority of kids either supported Spurs or Arsenal, with a few Chelsea and West Ham fans added to the equation, after all to support a team outside London was totally alien then.

How things have changed !!

Yeah those bloody foreigners.....there's Verts, Toby, Moose, Victor, Lamela....GHod help us.

Yeah those bloody foreigners.....there's Verts, Toby, Moose, Victor, Lamela....GHod help us.
Totally agree. Great Britain was the most non-violent place in the world before The Foreigners came over. Thanks @simon harris for your wise words reminding us that when England was just the English nobody on the planet had to be concerned about being invaded and oppressed and the streets were safe for all.

That was a hell of a night. I got there when the gates opened - maybe 2 1/2 hours before kick off - and when Parks saved that penalty there was such mayhem I swallowed half an unlit cigarette that came from who knows where. I could hardly speak for three days my throat was so sore from all the shouting.

When the equalizer was slammed home, in the pandemonium on The Shelf my glasses flew off. I found them with one lens smashed out...thus I literally did watch ET and pens with one eye covered(by my hand!)...happy nights, mental
nights...

Totally agree. Great Britain was the most non-violent place in the world before The Foreigners came over. Thanks @simon harris for your wise words reminding us that when England was just the English nobody on the planet had to be concerned about being invaded and oppressed and the streets were safe for all.

Foreigners to some degree I can tolerate, Liberals I hate

Back