• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you want to qualify for the Europa League.

Do you want to qualify for the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm leaning closer to no than yes, although i will miss the midweek games and the chance to watch the youngsters and fringe players

if we had a policy of playing the kids and resies until the latter stages i'd be all for it, its got a CL place next season after all and it might be lower hanging fruit for us than a top spot next time out

i'm undecided, it'll be easier to make a decision when we know who the manager is going to be

Yes
-------
The revenue might not be brilliant, but it's better than none.
The new coach will likely want as many competitive games of football as they can get to implement a new system and try players in new positions. Against the weaker teams in the group stages this can be done.
I can't go 7 days between Spurs matches, I'm all jittery with withdrawal symptoms at the moment :eek:

Not strictly true, its all dependant on when teams appear on TV is it not. Whether Sat or Sunday.

I think SSN did a study on this and they said it favours Champions League teams much more, not least a huge factor being playing on Sunday is always a pressure as your always chasing the results from the Saturday which brings extra pressures.

It's about having a large enough and well balanced squad and coaching staff to do both. Oh and our medical staff - aren't they supposed to reap new benefits from the world class training centre?

Anyone who says no to this either a) doesn't go to our European games or b) is a clown. Sorry to be blunt but that's my outlook.

Someone suggested Liverpool up the page but they are an anomaly, else we'd be seeing teams come from 7th to win the league all the time. They're also a bigger club and can cope without it whereas we, if we aren't in Europe, offer very little to the likes of Lloris and Eriksen to stay.

There are about 100 pros to being in it and no cons I can think of. We have a big squad that is pointless if not in four competitions.

Not strictly true, its all dependant on when teams appear on TV is it not. Whether Sat or Sunday.

I think SSN did a study on this and they said it favours Champions League teams much more, not least a huge factor being playing on Sunday is always a pressure as your always chasing the results from the Saturday which brings extra pressures.

Skysports, Shmysports.

Three.

Day.

Gap.

That answer doesn't address the passage of time or the physical aspects. Mentally, there's pressure every day of the week in this bizniz. If some club chasing you, or one you're chasing, loses on Saturday, doesn't that lift pressure?

The answer to both will be no. You can compare it to the current CL qualification. If the CL winner also finishes their league in a CL qualifying place the losing CL finalist doesn't get automatic entry to the CL and the country of the CL winner doesn't get an extra CL place. The place reserved for the CL titleholder is filled by automatically moving forward from the previous qualifying round the team from the highest ranking country.

No, that's not an adequate response. You can't compare it to CL in any way, shape or form. It's a different league and it's a different circumstance.

Next answer, please.

Yes.

Europe was always an achievement in the league and we should be quite proud of our recent history of qualification.
I just wish UEFA would change the format so all games are just rounds of home & away legs instead of pointless group matches and also not allow CL failures to drop-in to the tournament.

With regards to playing on Thursdays couldn't UEFA play the games on a Tues/Weds night when there are no CL games or is the footballing calendar too full accommodate this, anyone know?

Yes.

Europe was always an achievement in the league and we should be quite proud of our recent history of qualification.
I just wish UEFA would change the format so all games are just rounds of home & away legs instead of pointless group matches and also not allow CL failures to drop-in to the tournament.

With regards to playing on Thursdays couldn't UEFA play the games on a Tues/Weds night when there are no CL games or is the footballing calendar too full accommodate this, anyone know?

Due to international weeks and domestic cups there aren't enough free weeks without CL football to fit the current format of the EL.

I want to qualify for it. Then I want Levy to send UEFA an open letter explaining precisely why we're refusing their invitation to be also-rans in their excuse to get a few more matches out of the CL dropouts.

Shows you how far we have fallen behind when people are asking if we need to play in Europe or not. We should be aiming to win the lesser Cups before aiming for bigger ones.

I dont - no. **** that.

I want us to start from a clean slate next season - no distractions and focus on the league for now. Next season it will be even more competitive and we HAVE to compete on that front in particular. Sometimes you have to go back to basics and we have to realise that - take a step back to take two steps forward and all that.

not for next season. no. but in the longer term, that will only have some impact if we hire a manager with proven coaching abilities/clear philosophy.

The early group stages are boring. There is no denying that. But also with the size of our squad it should be an easy cope as it was this season. Then when the knockout stages come its way more interesting. I was much more up for our home game against Dnipro and the games against Benfica than a lot of our prem games.

It's a no brainer.

Yes. Get to see more games, it boosts revenue, allows us to keep a bigger squad happy and it's another route to the champions league

the other difference to this and the CL is that on the whole that takes you to nice places, Madrid, Milan, Porto, Munich, holiday destinations with top hotels and a relaxed atmosphere, the EL is an easyjet tour of Eastern European war zones where the best accommodation is an old Stasi barracks

that has to have a mental impact on everything

I want us to finish as high up the league as possible. Qualifying for Europe is secondary.

Back