• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you want QPR to get relegated?

one thing, it's only really Southampton fans, and about half the spurs fans that wanted him out, fans of the rest of the clubs he managed were disappointed to lose him

he certainly helped pile the debt on but ultimately the boards of those clubs are responsible for the spend, my wife can ask me for shiny things, if I buy more of them than I can afford it's my fault

one thing, it's only really Southampton fans, and about half the spurs fans that wanted him out, fans of the rest of the clubs he managed were disappointed to lose him

he certainly helped pile the debt on but ultimately the boards of those clubs are responsible for the spend, my wife can ask me for shiny things, if I buy more of them than I can afford it's my fault

I know a couple of QPR fans and both of them have wanted him out for a while.

I have no idea ( and neither do you) what is true though is that Redknapp has left THREE clubs with REAL money problems.

No, the macaronic chairman of those THREE clubs are to blame for spending money they did'nt have. If Redknapp was'nt even at these clubs they would still have been splashing out on whatever players the manager wanted because the chairman allowed it.

Look at how much money QPR were spending in the few years before he even joined them ? How much money was spunked on the likes of Ji-Sung Park, Robert Green, Junior Hoilett, Ryan Nelsen, Andrew Johnson, Kieron Dyer, Joey Barton, Luke Young, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Anton Ferdinand, Nedum Onuoha, Djibril Cisse, Bobby Zamora all bought BEFORE Harry came, not to mention the massive pay offs to the revolving door of managers that the idiot chairman kept hiring and firing.

And yet Harry is to blame for QPR's finances NOW ? Hahaha !

Ultimately it is the chairman's call on financial matters but considered the fiscal devastation that has followed Redknapp it seems obvious that he is a master in the art of persuasion. Maybe he's a Jedi.

He did a crud job at QPR no doubt about it.

However, if the chairman, who is ultimately in charge of the money is stupid enough to give him all of that money then it is his fault. Arry looks after himself and obviously wants to spend all the money that is available to him without much thought for the future finances of the club, but surely it's the chairman/owner's responsibility to look after the money side of things and manage it accordingly?

Let me be clear no where in my email have I said anything different. But that does not in any way absolve redknapp of all the blame. There are plenty of managers who do not leave a trail of financial disaster at so many clubs.

Exactly. Certain people will use any stick to beat Harry with (and will no doubt be beaming from ear to ear today), and by all means pull him up on his legitimate faults, but the myth that he is at fault for QPR, Portsmouth or any clubs over spending is, frankly, stupid.

Harry is no different to any other manager in the league (apart from Wenger). Any manager will spend as much money as the chairman will give them to make their team better. Its the managers job to have better players to make his team better so he stays in a job. Its the chairmans job to manage the clubs finances and let the manager spend only what they can afford. What dream world do some people live in where they expect ANY manager to be a martyr and say to the chairman "no thanks chairman, dont let me spend that £30 million as I worry about the clubs finances in the future (after you have sacked me for not being good enough with the players I did have)".
And unfortunately some people see absolutely no fault in Redknapp, no matter how many clubs he ruins. There are plenty of managers who care for their clubs such that they would not bankrupt them. Arsene Wenger is one big example, Alex Ferguson another. Not every manager leaves the trail of disaster that the roosterney Cnut leaves. If it's a stick to beat him with at least it is based largely on the truth even if some of his supporters want to assign no responsibility to him. Here's a thing. Finally Fernandes has stood up to him and what does he do? Resign and after the window to really twist the knife. The man is a Cnut and I am glad he is no longer part of our club no matter what the glory boys say.

If Poch was given £300 million to spend even though he knew it would bankrupt us in a few years time do you think he would turn it down because he "cares" about the future of the club (after he has long gone) ?

I wouldn't even say half of the Spurs fans. Maybe half of this forum but this forum does not mirror reality. He got a good reception at WHL back in August.

Some people here blame Harry for Woolworths going bust !
Nonsense we blame him for what he is responsible for. Others will just bury their heads in the sand. The critisism that Daniel levy got from some of the roosterney Cnut's supporters for being wise to him was extraordinary and frankly shameful.

Let me be clear no where in my email have I said anything different. But that does not in any way absolve redknapp of all the blame. There are plenty of managers who do not leave a trail of financial disaster at so many clubs.

I just see it differently mate. I blame the chairmen/boards of those clubs for leaving a trail of financial disaster. Harry is out for himself like 99% of people in football and will spend every penny you give him. Morally it's questionable, but I really do wonder what makes some people so naive as to think any other manager wouldn't spend money if it was offered to him.

And unfortunately some people see absolutely no fault in Redknapp, no matter how many clubs he ruins. There are plenty of managers who care for their clubs such that they would not bankrupt them. Arsene Wenger is one big example, Alex Ferguson another. Not every manager leaves the trail of disaster that the roosterney Cnut leaves. If it's a stick to beat him with at least it is based largely on the truth even if some of his supporters want to assign no responsibility to him. Here's a thing. Finally Fernandes has stood up to him and what does he do? Resign and after the window to really twist the knife. The man is a Cnut and I am glad he is no longer part of our club no matter what the glory boys say.

Sums it up for me and those who see it different are entitled to their opinion. I only hope that they do not also believe the earth is flat.

Oh I see faults in him believe me, he has many of them. Like I said in another post, it's morally questionable to spend and not ask questions, but I seriously doubt Mourinho for example would be any different. I remember Mancini always used to bleat about not having a big enough squad.

I wouldn't even say half of the Spurs fans. Maybe half of this forum but this forum does not mirror reality. He got a good reception at WHL back in August.
I actually think mate that is because we had a very prudent chairman in Daniel Levy who stopped him from poisoning his legacy at our club. So all fans will remember is the 2 4th place finishes, the great squad and the nice football. We have been so mediocre for so long that Harry' period in charge has been viewed as our " golden period." However if you talk to fans of his other clubs Wham, Southampton, Portsmouth, you'll hear different receptions at their grounds.

And why should he? His job is to get the best out of the team with the money the chairman gives him, it is the chairman's job to worry about the finances. Name me one manager besides Wenger who would turn down funds from a chairman? I don't see Pelligrini, Mourinho, Mancini etc refusing transfer funding.
I don't see them spending it all on brick players managed by their mates either though.

I actually think mate that is because we had a very prudent chairman in Daniel Levy who stopped him from poisoning his legacy at our club. So all fans will remember is the 2 4th place finishes, the great squad and the nice football. We have been so mediocre for so long that Harry' period in charge has been viewed as our " golden period." However if you talk to fans of his other clubs Wham, Southampton, Portsmouth, you'll hear different receptions at their grounds.

Mostly because he left them in a typical mercenary fashion.

Harry's job was to get the best possible performances out of the squad at his disposal. He suggested to the chairman additional players to be added to the team (Rio!!!) and others, and then failed to deliver the results... I think he has been found out, but Tony Fernandez only has himself to blame as Harry had form for not really delivering except for a golden patch with us and Pompey.

Back