• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Was he?
Ange said he was injured
So he traveled but was injured and not available to play
Thought he trained in the group with Dier and a few others in rehab

I watched him train in both Bangkok and Singapore. Spence was never noted as an injury doubt for any of the matches on the tour:

- https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...r-team-news-ahead-of-lion-city-sailors-clash/
- https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...m-news-dane-scarlett-set-to-miss-foxes-clash/
- https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...news-from-ange-postecoglou-ahead-of-west-ham/

I've mentioned a few times on here that for the second half of both open training events (Bangkok and Singapore), 6 players were segregated from the main group: Spence, Ndombele, Sanchez, Rodon, White and Devine.

This is a photo I took. Spence is the closest to the camera.

IMG_8716.jpeg

I think Chadli was a good signing, did pretty well for us and scored a few goals. Didn't do much after. Boateng started for the Milan team that won Serie A and got in team of the year but didn't do much else.

I read somewhere Boateng said he didn't work hard enough and was irresponsible when he was with us.

I watched him train in both Bangkok and Singapore. Spence was never noted as an injury doubt for any of the matches on the tour:

- https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...r-team-news-ahead-of-lion-city-sailors-clash/
- https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...m-news-dane-scarlett-set-to-miss-foxes-clash/
- https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...news-from-ange-postecoglou-ahead-of-west-ham/

I've mentioned a few times on here that for the second half of both open training events (Bangkok and Singapore), 6 players were segregated from the main group: Spence, Ndombele, Sanchez, Rodon, White and Devine.

This is a photo I took. Spence is the closest to the camera.

View attachment 15810
It was reported in the UK press at the time that he was. was even said he may be left behind with Parrott for rehab

If he's not a part of angez plans a quick sale is the best solution. We'll get our money back and can reinvest in an area the manager feels we need strengthening.

I think a season long loan to a lower prem side where he will play most weeks would be best.

Gives Spence a chance to show what he can do and also gives us more time to evaluate if Porro can be a right back or not.

If we sell Spence now and Porro can’t adapt (which is likely imo) then we will need to sign yet another right back next summer to compete with Emerson.

I think a season long loan to a lower prem side where he will play most weeks would be best.

Gives Spence a chance to show what he can do and also gives us more time to evaluate if Porro can be a right back or not.

If we sell Spence now and Porro can’t adapt (which is likely imo) then we will need to sign yet another right back next summer to compete with Emerson.
I was thinking maybe Porro would compete with Kulu and Spence with Emerson to give them both opportunities. but it seems he's seen as a FB. Hopefully Ange can grt a tune out if him otherwise think we will struggle to get even half our money back.

I'd prefer to loan him too. but given the difficulty we seem to have selling players if Forest go for him as a known quantity we might have to take the cash to help balance the books / fund another CB

And if he shows why other managers haven't rated him enough to keep him? He'll lose value. Sell now and reinvest. If he goes on to great things good luck to him. He's 23 this week. No longer a youngster.

I was thinking maybe Porro would compete with Kulu and Spence with Emerson to give them both opportunities. but it seems he's seen as a FB. Hopefully Ange can grt a tune out if him otherwise think we will struggle to get even half our money back.

I'd prefer to loan him too. but given the difficulty we seem to have selling players if Forest go for him as a known quantity we might have to take the cash to help balance the books / fund another CB

That was what I was assuming. Porro is just a bit of a disaster at RB

And if he shows why other managers haven't rated him enough to keep him? He'll lose value. Sell now and reinvest. If he goes on to great things good luck to him. He's 23 this week. No longer a youngster.

That’s some weird logic :D

By that logic though surely we would be looking for around £20m this summer.

Can’t see anyone giving us that between now and deadline day when teams have already largely fine tuned their squads.

We paid £12m for him.

Maybe so but imo that is a very low fee for him unless you are dismissing him as basically quite a crap player.

Even following your logic that him going on loan could reduce his value(!) it would still take a bid of around £20m imo to make it worthwhile selling him now.

Fwiw I wouldn’t sell him for £20m as I feel a loan playing regularly at a lower prem side will be his second breakout moment.

Maybe so but imo that is a very low fee for him unless you are dismissing him as basically quite a crap player.

Even following your logic that him going on loan could reduce his value(!) it would still take a bid of around £20m imo to make it worthwhile selling him now.

Fwiw I wouldn’t sell him for £20m as I feel a loan playing regularly at a lower prem side will be his second breakout moment.

Or we could put that £20m towards buying a young player that our manager wants and will use? They could have a breakout with us and help us achieve something this season.

Or we could put that £20m towards buying a young player that our manager wants and will use? They could have a breakout with us and help us achieve something this season.

I don’t think anyone that Spence would be willing to join would give us £20m for him this late in the window.

We would get about £12m from a Fulham type team at best.

Would you even take that deal!?

I don’t think anyone that Spence would be willing to join would give us £20m for him this late in the window.

The window is open for another 3 weeks. We bought players like eriksen on the final day. Plenty of tranfers will go through between now and then.

Spence and any other sales can go towards a transfer or two that can benefit us this season. That fit the managers plans and could be the difference between us getting cl football.

So if he is not in anges plans then yes i would sell him. He is not a kid anymore and certainly won't be if we loaned him out for another season.

£12M for a player that won't play? or keep for another season and have another player to get rid off again?

If that £12M went towards an incoming, yes, I'd take the deal.

It was reported in the UK press at the time that he was. was even said he may be left behind with Parrott for rehab

And? You’re going to ignore my first-hand report and the club’s own team news because the famously reliable UK press reported something?

£12M for a player that won't play? or keep for another season and have another player to get rid off again?

If that £12M went towards an incoming, yes, I'd take the deal.

Or he goes on loan to a lower prem side plays every week and potentially shows himself to be worth treble that and a great option for us at right back whilst we realise in the meantime Porro cant play right back.

Or he goes on loan to a lower prem side plays every week and potentially shows himself to be worth treble that and a great option for us at right back whilst we realise in the meantime Porro cant play right back.

Possible, but we have sent a lot of players on loan that have hardly improved their position as a result.

And? You’re going to ignore my first-hand report and the club’s own team news because the famously reliable UK press reported something?
Yeah
Because the club news is very very sanitised
That’s how it works
They have to be very “simplistic at best”

Back