• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Its an incredibly simplistic view bordering on childish to say ‘we made loads of subs… that must be why we struggled in the last few minutes’.

The reality is as I posted elsewhere we were doing just fine with all the changes (which by the way are absolutely necessary as we are playing every few days with little rotation in starting line ups) until a couple of the starting eleven behaved like utter bone heads and presented them with the corner they scored from.

It was from then some level of panic set in (which btw is being completely overblown by people on this forum, which is no surprise as the most panic was in the stands rather than on the pitch) which is almost inevitable at 3-2 and would have been no different with less changes.

I assumed that this decision would only be for this season, hopefully it's not here to stay. Would the clubs have to vote on it again for reverting it next season?

Good point and to be honest i have no idea, i hope it just this season as 5 if too many for me. If my timing was right we made 3 in the last 10 minutes and that is when we lost our shape. The other two were fine as they were earlier.

It's permanent to bring us in line with the rest of europe.
That was originally done because of covid, right? And I guess they just decided to keep it? That doesn't bode well then, but if that's the case, we should be trying to take as much advantage from it as possible.
I can't see stats for subs made by team in the PL, I'd imagine City would be one of the teams to benefit the most. And maybe Ronaldo too.

That was originally done because of covid, right? And I guess they just decided to keep it? That doesn't bode well then, but if that's the case, we should be trying to take as much advantage from it as possible.
I can't see stats for subs made by team in the PL, I'd imagine City would be one of the teams to benefit the most. And maybe Ronaldo too.

Yes done originally for covid. We reverted last season. Then made it permanent this season as the rest of europe kept it.

We saw the rule backfire on us this week. Took off our CB, both CMs, and two forwards. That had a big impact on the last 10 mins IMO

Might make teams think again about making wholesale changes

We saw the rule backfire on us this week. Took off our CB, both CMs, and two forwards. That had a big impact on the last 10 mins IMO

Might make teams think again about making wholesale changes

Yet in the end it worked. We rested some players, gave others minutes and still got the 3 points.

Its an incredibly simplistic view bordering on childish to say ‘we made loads of subs… that must be why we struggled in the last few minutes’.

The reality is as I posted elsewhere we were doing just fine with all the changes (which by the way are absolutely necessary as we are playing every few days with little rotation in starting line ups) until a couple of the starting eleven behaved like utter bone heads and presented them with the corner they scored from.

It was from then some level of panic set in (which btw is being completely overblown by people on this forum, which is no surprise as the most panic was in the stands rather than on the pitch) which is almost inevitable at 3-2 and would have been no different with less changes.

We are Spurs, nothing is easy, older I get more I believe our culture is unique, wouldn't change my club but stone me its frustrating

the feeling that fans want a younger player and prospect to come in no matter what is true.

But also. in regards to spence. We all seem to agree Royal is not a long term answer ( maybe conte does though ) and Doherty it not either ( even though he played well ) but its more like we want to get Spence in so he can go through his growing pains. He was in the championship team of the season for a reason. Has pace to burn and is a forward thinking Wingback. For me I would rather he was in now and suffer mistakes so we know what we have. We have kind of run out of cheap games to play him in. So its that or nothing.

Back