• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

Yep. Wonder if he and Son just cancel each other out. He invades Son's space and Son offers him no protection or respite.

nah they are very different issues
Son is struggling because he getting the ball with his back to goal
He can’t change that unless he starts controlling it better
Perisic is struggling because the game is generally quicker than him.

nah they are very different issues
Son is struggling because he getting the ball with his back to goal
He can’t change that unless he starts controlling it better
Perisic is struggling because the game is generally quicker than him.
I disagree.
Yes Son is "getting the ball with his back to goal" but that is not just about him controlling it better, it is to do with the whole setup of the team, not just himself.

I'm not sure if it is "Perisic's fault" but there is definitely an issue wherein neither of them are performing as well as they could.

Hoddle said in comms that Son is always inside, foraging, rather than out wide taking on the wide player and playing as the furthest forward. That is Conte's design.

I disagree.
Yes Son is "getting the ball with his back to goal" but that is not just about him controlling it better, it is to do with the whole setup of the team, not just himself.

I'm not sure if it is "Perisic's fault" but there is definitely an issue wherein neither of them are performing as well as they could.

Hoddle said in comms that Son is always inside, foraging, rather than out wide taking on the wide player and playing as the furthest forward. That is Conte's design.
Again I don’t see it
Contes design isn’t affecting sins ability to control a pass

when udogie arrives i hope conte has the sense to ease him into the game e.g. as a sub and not just start him like he did with porro.

Conte's design is requiring Son to control these passes, with his back to goal, harrassed by 3 opposition players.
Son is effective when he's sprinting at goal and shooting; he needs to receive it in transition when he needs 2 touches and a shot.

It is a bit worrying that teams are now seemingly able to crowd out son, kulu and kane. Everytime one of them has the ball there's at least two players on them.

It is a bit worrying that teams are now seemingly able to crowd out son, kulu and kane. Everytime one of them has the ball there's at least two players on them.
We're so predictable under Conte it's laughable. Stellini did inject more pace into the game and we're seeing much of attacking movement across the front three.

I think where it breaks down is too frequently trying to get Perisic involved. He's not lightning and by the time he delivers a cross the entire defence is ready and waiting. Sure we convert some but the rest of the time we're wasting the potential of other players who can attack in other ways.

Will the new manager want wingbacks? I hope to see a back four next season, with 3 in midfield...Destiny may be sold before he has played a single game.

Will the new manager want wingbacks? I hope to see a back four next season, with 3 in midfield...Destiny may be sold before he has played a single game.

I would hope, who ever we get in next will want to play attacking football and want attacking wing or fullbacks.

Udogie, Porro, Spence and Emerson should be o. Our new Walker and Rose type fullbacks.

I would hope, who ever we get in next will want to play attacking football and want attacking wing or fullbacks.

Udogie, Porro, Spence and Emerson should be o. Our new Walker and Rose type fullbacks.
Exactly this...I would hope any manger is fluid enough to play attacking FBs at home to a flat back 7 that we sometimes come up against

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Am sure this will be discussed to death if/when the next manager comes in but can Udogie / Porro defend well in a back 4 or are they limited to being wing backs with 3 CDs next to them?

We're so predictable under Conte it's laughable. Stellini did inject more pace into the game and we're seeing much of attacking movement across the front three.

I think where it breaks down is too frequently trying to get Perisic involved. He's not lightning and by the time he delivers a cross the entire defence is ready and waiting. Sure we convert some but the rest of the time we're wasting the potential of other players who can attack in other ways.

That left side is definitely an issue.
An off form son and perisic and Richarlison playing in their secondary positions isn’t a good situation.

I don't think either are great at defending, but I haven't seen them do much of it.

Udogie doesn't look like he is expected to defend and just be an attacking outlet. He is caught watching when he should (imo) be defending a lot. But noone seems to be shouting at him or expecting him to drop back by the looks of it.

Porro was a winger I think, who has started to play as a wing back. So no idea.

Both have the pace to get back

Am sure this will be discussed to death if/when the next manager comes in but can Udogie / Porro defend well in a back 4 or are they limited to being wing backs with 3 CDs next to them?

The same criticisms were levelled at Walker and Rose for a good bit of their Spurs careers, but as others have said it can work in the right system. Either a 4-2-3-1 with two holdings CMs, or a 4-3-3 in a system similar to Liverpool where the full-backs are effectively WBs despite it being a back 4, or 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. Lots of options

Not a surprise though, Conte is inflexible and sets out his teams the same way every time and teams know what to expect.

Back