• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dereck Chisora

I'm a huge boxing fan and loved the brawl. Brilliant!! No disgrace at all. If Del Boy wants to burn him, good!!! Who really gives a fudge? Move along people, nowt to see here!!

Makes me laugh, this has been going on in boxing for years and people act like weekend was the first time for it to happen ever.

The nature of the sport means your going to get some insane personalities, even Ali who is claimed to be the greatest of all time used dirty tricks in conference and is lauded for it.

Mountain out of a molehill

Spot on mate.....the faux indignation is laughable.

I've bene taking the tinkle out of the fannies in teh office this morning 'up in arms' about it!

Casual fans at best.

As you say, Ali was doing this brick ages ago.

Warren is to blame - he allowed this to happen thinking it would promote a fight and it blew up in his face, you play with fire you get burned!

Haven't watched much moxing in recent years but was a big fan watching Tyson emerge and the Super Middleweight battles (think Eubank, Benn, Watson, et al). Obviously including vids of early heavyweights. However am I wrong in thinking that people taking a moral highground on the incident are kinda hypocritical seeing as they are fans of a sport that is pretty much about two guys pummeling eachother?

Didn't Tyson once say he was going to eat Lennox Lewis' kids?

All these things are set up, although Chisora saying he was going to shoot and burn Haye may have been a tad stupid.

Ah yes I remember, what a great build up that fight had, and it delivered. Lewis was fantastic back then.

People go mad about that fight but he still gave Vitali a face vagina, even after coming in over his normal fight weight and saying it was the most unmotivated camp of his career. The bloke is a legend.

I can't stand the Klitchkos, nice enough blokes, always very professional in some respects but just so boring, Heavywight Championship fights and only Germany gives a brick. Speaks volumes.

I personally rate Lennox as the greatest of all time. The bloke just did it and did it well against the best in the day, he was also dodged for years because people knew he was a world class operator.

Yeh he has two defeats on his record but he too revenge for both which is a sign of a great boxer, far too many casual fans worry more about fighters keeping their "0" than who they actually fight...

Bottom line, an 18 stone trained fighter hits you flush on the jaw, you go down.

Lewis was stopped on his feet both times, (not saying the stoppages were premature) and avenged both losses decisively.

Lewis was a brilliant fighter, massive power and a hall of fame jab.

I personally rate Lennox as the greatest of all time. The bloke just did it and did it well against the best in the day, he was also dodged for years because people knew he was a world class operator.

Yeh he has two defeats on his record but he too revenge for both which is a sign of a great boxer, far too many casual fans worry more about fighters keeping their "0" than who they actually fight...

This is the problem really, as there's no real ranking system and a myriad of federations the fights are cherry picked by promoters and more thought is given to box office takings than any real contest

To be fair, the sanctioning bodies are becoming less relevant.

The Ring does a decent independent ranking and the fight fans know what the best fights are and more and more they are getting made.

The Super 6 tournament is evidence of them getting their acts together.

Why are boxers held to much lower standards than athletes in pretty much every other sport? The things they get away with saying and doing are incredible! Haye saying one of his fights would be "more one sided than a gang rape"! If a footballer or tennis player said that, he'd get a lengthy ban. I like the sport of boxing itself and appreciate the artistry of it, but all the other flimflam is laughable, no better than wrestling.

That video clears up alot. Haye did hit Chisora with the bottle. Adam Booth WASN'T hit with a bottle, he was hit by David Haye wielding a tripod (2.50 into video).

What a prize taco. I hope no one buys the fight.

How the hell can you see that. The camera is so unsteady and it's so dark it's impossible to see what is happening.

Tyson BIT Lewis on the leg!!

The brawl at the Tyson/Lewis press conference was far more violent!

The only thing that bothers me is that these couple of fannys are both British and both think they're much better than they are. They're a bad advertisement for British boxing... swinging a camera tripod? Who the hell does he think he is, Tommy Gunn?

The reports are saying Haye punched him whilst holding the bottle... Rather than him actually bottling Chisora. Can see this on one of the angles sky news been showing.
Doesn't make it any better mind, but he hasn't bottled Chisora like some are saying on here. But im not sticking up for either of them as they're both a pair of clams!!

article-2103251-11CE3145000005DC-227_468x286.jpg

Back