• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

There must be another way to work out if a midfielder is any good apart from how many he scores.
Just can't think of one right now.
That is, just one right now. From the myriad options.
Let's take Alli for example (who this thread is supposed to be about anyway!): I have seen him only 3 times in a Spurs shirt, but each time I have said "wow, this kid has a future!" I have seen Bentaleb dozens of times and from day 1 he didn't strike me as anything special. Now I am not that nuanced in the sport to be looking at positioning, tracking, etc., but I think I can spot a good midfielder if I see one. And although Bentaleb is tidy, he's too tidy for my taste. Too much back passing, even when there is a good forward option. Maybe he doesn't have much confidence in who is covering behind him and plays to be mistake-free first and everything else second. Maybe if had a Schneiderlin or Matic he would flourish more. I don't know. But from what I have seen, to me he just seems like a good player; nothing more, nothing less.

And needless to say, I hope I'm wrong and he ends up being all that everyone is cranking him up to be and more.

benteleb. For me he is playing out of position. he has a quick pass, great control, eye for a pass and a good shot on him. He needs to playing slightly further forward. In a 3 man midfield with a sitter behing him, then him and Mason could both push on at times. And it would take advantage of the fact they both have forward tendencies.

We have wide forwards who provide nothing. Lets use the talent we have.

-----------------Bender-----------------------
------Alli--------------------Benteleb---------

----Chadli---------------------Eriksen-------
-----------------Kane--------------------------

or

----------------Bender------------------------
-------Mason------------Dembele---------

--Lamela----------------------Pritchard----
-----------------Kane--------------------------

I'm liking this kid more and more. Please do this to Schweinsteiger on Saturday:

“We had a laugh about it in the tunnel afterwards; he was very good about it,” Alli said. “He shook my hand and said to me: ‘You little bugger’ – or something like that. I didn’t shout ‘nuts’ when I did it. I used to do that when I was young and get told off for it.

:cool:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/06/dele-alli-tottenham-manchester-united

Alli was direct and he ran hard from box-to-box, showing the stamina that has had members of staff rating him as the fittest player at White Hart Lane.

:D

Alli was direct and he ran hard from box-to-box, showing the stamina that has had members of staff rating him as the fittest player at White Hart Lane.

:D
That was reported a few weeks ago, Alli and Bentaleb were duking it out for "fittest and longest and hardest chap in the shower" or somesuch

I'm liking this kid more and more. Please do this to Schweinsteiger on Saturday:

“We had a laugh about it in the tunnel afterwards; he was very good about it,” Alli said. “He shook my hand and said to me: ‘You little bugger’ – or something like that. I didn’t shout ‘nuts’ when I did it. I used to do that when I was young and get told off for it.

:cool:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/06/dele-alli-tottenham-manchester-united

Haha!!

Comes across really well in the piece.

Well the Mr Benchester for spotting the lad.

nice pic - past spur chasing future spur

Need to bump this thread.

Looked our most threatening player today even in that short cameo. Has to start the next one or I'm crossing Poch off my Christmas list.

Who would he start instead of? Assuming he keeps Dier as Poch wants a DM then that leaves Mason, could he push Mason further forward?

Lamela. No brainer. Would not even have Lamela near the squad anymore, cash in and use the money wisely, Ali can more than fill his boots
Did Alli play in Lamellas position when he came on then? I didn't see any of the game, I assumed he was an out and out CM....

Did Alli play in Lamellas position when he came on then? I didn't see any of the game, I assumed he was an out and out CM....

He didnt replace him like for like, as you say he played more CM. But out of the 3 behind Kane, Lamela is the one I would drop for Ali. Thought Demble did well today and although Chadli was a tad wasteful, he still offers a decent goalthreat

He didnt replace him like for like, as you say he played more CM. But out of the 3 behind Kane, Lamela is the one I would drop for Ali. Thought Demble did well today and although Chadli was a tad wasteful, he still offers a decent goalthreat
The thing is I don't think Lamela is near our first choice team at the moment anyway, injuries dictated he started today and with Nije I think he's further down the pecking order. If Dele Ali is to start I can only see it being at the expense of Mason or Dier....

For lamela? Why do people think eriksen won't walk straight back in. All I obviously replaces mason. I've been calling for all I to start since the beginning, light years ahead of mason already and the only cm we have that seems to be able to do anything, other than run around and play simple passes

Back