• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Great performance today, not just the goal but great runs box to box. Needs to start next game.
For me, he has that "x" factor that makes you optimistic that he can be a star. The contrast between him and Lamela could not be more stark. I fear that whatever ability Erik has, it is never going to come to fruition for us or in the Premier League. Would he be anywhere near the team at the moment if he was not our most expensive signing?

For me, he has that "x" factor that makes you optimistic that he can be a star. The contrast between him and Lamela could not be more stark. I fear that whatever ability Erik has, it is never going to come to fruition for us or in the Premier League. Would he be anywhere near the team at the moment if he was not our most expensive signing?

Think that last point is bang on

The bizarre thing is, Lamela does a double step over and flicks it right whilst looking left and pirhouette's to the floor in angst, crying... whilst Alli just jogs into the box and knocks it in the net.

I think, for the next game, we should bring in Eriksen (if fit again) for Lamela and play Alli instead of Dembele. But let Alli go through the middle, Eriksen left/right and Chadli left/right.

I like the look of this kid. He exudes confidence and plays in a direct style, looks to get into positions to score. He takes responsibility and doesn't freeze like a rabbit caught in the spotlight.

@OptaJoe: 19 - Delle Alli is the youngest player to score a Premier League goal for Tottenham since Gareth Bale v Arsenal in September 2007. Boots.

@SpursStatMan: Dele Alli's game in numbers: 35 minutes played, 2 attempts, 2 on target, 1 goal

Yep you've got to remember he's only 19. A full start isn't the way forward yet. I'd keep bringing him in off the bench. He's only had two appearances in the premier league and you don't want to chuck him in too early. Let him have experiences of watching the games from the bench and ease him in.

@OptaJoe: 19 - Delle Alli is the youngest player to score a Premier League goal for Tottenham since Gareth Bale v Ar5ena1 in September 2007. Boots.

@SpursStatMan: Dele Alli's game in numbers: 35 minutes played, 2 attempts, 2 on target, 1 goal

The goal looks simple like a sitter. But not all the players will try to head that in. I think many of the players would have tried to control it with their chest or legs first, allowing the goalie to close the angle. Credit to Alli for coolly heading it in. He is the only positive thing so far this season. I think he deserves to start the next match.

I like the look of this kid. He exudes confidence and plays in a direct style, looks to get into positions to score. He takes responsibility and doesn't freeze like a rabbit caught in the spotlight.

Agreed. Felt confident that he would make an impact when he came on. His performance looks very assured despite being only 19. Maybe it is due to his Nigerian connection. As long as he is level-headed and disciplined, he has a good future in football.

From what little I have seen of him I have been really impressed and is the type of player our CM has been crying out for. Eriksen especially will love that fact that Alli will make runs into space ( something our CM is really lacking) and will offer the option that we lack.

But again like one or two of our players he is young and will have poor games so we have to make sure we do not flog him to death by playing him all the time.

The goal looks simple like a sitter. But not all the players will try to head that in. I think many of the players would have tried to control it with their chest or legs first, allowing the goalie to close the angle. Credit to Alli for coolly heading it in. He is the only positive thing so far this season. I think he deserves to start the next match.

Totally agree - once he realised he couldn't control it, he decided to gamble and follow it in instead. From six yards all you need is a touch towards goal to score.
I think that probably took the GK by surprise too - ordinarily, there is no way the ball should bounce 5 yards out and the keeper not get it.

We need more players that gamble on a "maybe".

Don't know if anyone saw Abel Hernandez score for Hull yesterday - but he gambled on the GK spilling the ball, and was in the right place to get a toe on it to score. If he doesn't gamble, the GK gets away it. Similarly with Alli yesterday.

From what little I have seen of him I have been really impressed and is the type of player our CM has been crying out for. Eriksen especially will love that fact that Alli will make runs into space ( something our CM is really lacking) and will offer the option that we lack.

But again like one or two of our players he is young and will have poor games so we have to make sure we do not flog him to death by playing him all the time.

I actually think he and Kane will link up well - as soon as Kane drops deep ( which he will have to if we continue not to penetrate), expect to see Chadli and Alli running in behind. That run from deep could be very hard to pick up.

I actually think he and Kane will link up well - as soon as Kane drops deep ( which he will have to if we continue not to penetrate), expect to see Chadli and Alli running in behind. That run from deep could be very hard to pick up.

I hate to go overboard about young players because we overhype them and when they have a bad run and turn out to be less then what we pile on them we get disappointed. However he looks such a older player then his years and those runs he makes are excellent for such a young player.

Lets use him wisely and encourage him but lets not play him every week and put the weight of expectation on him, we really overhyped Bentaleb and put so much pressure on him and its one of the reasons we have to tread carefully.

Don't think 19 is that young really, he's prob played almost 100 first team games already, unleash him I say. That's not to say play him every week, horses for courses, but I don't think we need to be too careful with him.

Back