• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

There have been plenty of young forwards all who have made better starts than Rashford or Delle like Greaves, Owen, Francis and Rooney

Alli doesn't play upfront like them though. Probably fairer to compare him to Lampard. Alli is probably ahead of where Lampard was when he was 20 (though he was still good for West Ham at that age.)

Lovely finish for his goal today. If I was critical about Alli, I would say he lacks composure sometimes with his finishing. He missed chances against Stoke and Middlesborough where he should have scored if he had been a bit more composed.
Can't say that about todays goal.

As always, he missed the first one or two presentable chances, but coolly tucked away the third. It's gotten to the stage where I have no expectations of him the first time he's put through - conversely, I'm screaming for him to get the ball once he misses those first one or two, because he then becomes a finishing master on subsequent chances. :p

The goal today was sheer genius. Cool, calm, composed, confusing and crucial.

Absolutely. Class finish. I've watched it again and again, and it's just sublime. The only place he could put it, it seems, and did it so quickly (with no time to think, really). Instinctive finish. Football just flows through this guy's blood, it seems so natural to him. He hasn't been on his best form so far this season, in my opinion, but is picking up steam now. He's got that x-factor too. Too bad his acrobatic effort didn't go in.

Absolutely. Class finish. I've watched it again and again, and it's just sublime. The only place he could put it, it seems, and did it so quickly (with no time to think, really). Instinctive finish. Football just flows through this guy's blood, it seems so natural to him. He hasn't been on his best form so far this season, in my opinion, but is picking up steam now. He's got that x-factor too. Too bad his acrobatic effort didn't go in.
On MOTD Shearer said he could be as good as Fat Frank. I think he could be better (even though I'm NOT the record goal scorer in the Premier League). The lad definitely has that ability to make time stretch and execute the unexpected. I hope he stays with us for a decade. At least.

That goal yesterday was crafty. Love it.

His face when he has a bit more time doesn't betray any stress so I am hopeful he just improves his decision making.

When clean through you have to be prepared to take it round the keeper, but i suspect he will master the dunk/chip - that is more his style.

qnT3qIJ.png

Class act, Dele!

Good lad. :) I hope he stays grounded as his career grows - by all accounts, Bale did, and Alli's both got a similar ceiling and gives me a similar feeling of being a thoroughly decent fella off the pitch.

Apparently he's out for a few weeks, which at least keeps him away from his clusterfudge of a national side. Lets hope Rose, Walker and Kane can sneak away too. Well, maybe not Kane, he could use some game time to get match fit for us.

Back