• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Dele is doing well defensively in the 3
Dele is 100% the B2B player, but could work with another in front of one DM

He was given a lesson of what a box=to=box player is by Gallagher, a greenhorn loanee.

There is a time when sentimentality and nostalgia needs to give way to hard nosed reality....

It seems that you don’t understand Nuno’s 4-3-3 system.
All clear here thanks.

Was not about the system. It was about his limitations. You said you see Skipp being replaced before Dele but I just don’t see it. Their games are incomparable. Dele is not a CM in any type of role in my opinion.

I’m aware he did not play same role as previous games but work rate aside I think he’s been pretty average and his work aside does not keep him in the side if we have other personnel at our disposal. Tanguy if he’s interested or Lo Celso play ahead of him. As I said originally.

He was given a lesson of what a box=to=box player is by Gallagher, a greenhorn loanee.

There is a time when sentimentality and nostalgia needs to give way to hard nosed reality....

What lesson, spooning it over the bar every time you got near the box?
The lad was industrious and played some decent passes, but was about it.

It seems that you don’t understand Nuno’s 4-3-3 system.
The game against Palace was much more of a diamond than the 4-3-3 we played in the first three games imo. Can still call it a 4-3-3 of course, but it was not the same.

Hopefully Dele will be back where he's been effective earlier in the season rather soon.

The role he played against City is a role Ndombele is a lot more suited to and Alli not so much.

The game against Palace was much more of a diamond than the 4-3-3 we played in the first three games imo. Can still call it a 4-3-3 of course, but it was not the same.

Hopefully Dele will be back where he's been effective earlier in the season rather soon.

The role he played against City is a role Ndombele is a lot more suited to and Alli not so much.
Ndombele would be suited to that role if he could be bothered to do the basics such as tracking opposition runners and closing down space to cut passing angles. With Ndombele instead of Dele against Emirates Marketing Project we would likely have conceded huge numbers of chances (unless Ndombele has massively upped his workrate and tactical awareness since last season).

Ndombele would be suited to that role if he could be bothered to do the basics such as tracking opposition runners and closing down space to cut passing angles. With Ndombele instead of Dele against Emirates Marketing Project we would likely have conceded huge numbers of chances (unless Ndombele has massively upped his workrate and tactical awareness since last season).
Ndombele with 2 more defensive players should work in theory

I agree with this but Brain was talking about the Dele role in the Palace game where he played at the tip of a diamond. I wouldn't want Ndombele playing the role that Dele played for the first 3 games

Ndombele with 2 more defensive players should work in theory
Not in Nuno's defensive counter attacking team that tends to try to already leave 3 players high up the pitch to break.

All three of the midfield players have to work really hard closing down players and cutting passing lanes (predominantly in the central areas) and then get out to help the full back after we've forced the opposition out wide. I don't think Ndombele is at all suited to that unless he is a completely different player to the one we've seen previously.

I agree with this but Brain was talking about the Dele role in the Palace game where he played at the tip of a diamond. I wouldn't want Ndombele playing the role that Dele played for the first 3 games
Apologies... this wasn't clear...

I read this: "The role he played against City is a role Ndombele is a lot more suited to and Alli not so much."

What lesson, spooning it over the bar every time you got near the box?
The lad was industrious and played some decent passes, but was about it.

I never cease to be amazed how myopic we often are about opposition players, especially playing in teams we consider inferior....

You know what lesson? Finding pockets of space despite having three holding midfielders around him - that's what. Dele still has no idea how that works which, for all his tricks, means he will never be an effective central midfielder. Oh, and when you mentioned the spooning, did you mean the two assists by Gallagher to win the penalty and find Edouard for the third goal?

I never cease to be amazed how myopic we often are about opposition players, especially playing in teams we consider inferior....

You know what lesson? Finding pockets of space despite having three holding midfielders around him - that's what. Dele still has no idea how that works which, for all his tricks, means he will never be an effective central midfielder. Oh, and when you mentioned the spooning, did you mean the two assists by Gallagher to win the penalty and find Edouard for the third goal?
I thought Gallagher looked a good player I must say. That being said I also think that Dele is very good at finding pockets of space to operate in. Dele was the best of our midfield 3 in our first 3 PL games IMO.... I don't know why Nuno decided to move him?

Oh right, so dele has never scored or assisted now. I must have imagined them.
Dele isn't playing that role atm, and hasn't been for a while.
As i said, the lad had a decent game and made some good passes, he certainly was not the great player JJ was having a toss fest over.
I would also keep in mind that his display was against one our poorest displays for a while.
As for Palace being inferior, over the squad they definitely are, against what was on the pitch on Saturday is debatable.

Gallagher played well although I think an assist for the penalty IMO a would be a dodgy misleading stat
The guys gonna have a solid career
He reminds me a bit of James ward prowse

For all the nostalgia for the 2016/7 Dele, the reality is that the current version is nowhere close to that hunk of burning love, and he is one of the main reasons why our midfield has been void of creativity this season.

Yes he is putting in a shift but then so did Sissoko, and we were glad when he moved on. Indeed I would almost (almost) prefer Sissoko than Dele at this moment in time, if the available slot is central midfield rather than behind the striker.

He wasn’t playing that role yesterday though
He was when we beat the 3 team previously and he played well

So what's the excuse today?

Back