• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Or could you not play Dele in a front 3 with Kane and Son? Lots of rotation and movement, but they all play well off each other

In terms of formation, it would either be in in a 4-3-3 or in a 3-4-3...
- If its 3-4-3 then its difficult to find a spot for Ndombele, but that would be a choice which you would have to take. CMs would be Skipp and PEH, unless its against a weak team at hom
- if its 4-3-3 then depending on who the opposition is, you could play PEH plus 2 of GLC, Skippy and Ndombele

The problem as I see it is that front 3 offers no width on the right hand side. The magic of the 433 is that you play 3 forwards two of which are comfortable in the wide areas. We have one in Son, where is the right sided attacker in a front 3 of Kane, Son and Dele?

There actually needs to be a player stationed out on the right for the system to work.

The problem as I see it is that front 3 offers no width on the right hand side. The magic of the 433 is that you play 3 forwards two of which are comfortable in the wide areas. We have one in Son, where is the right sided attacker in a front 3 of Kane, Son and Dele?

There actually needs to be a player stationed out on the right for the system to work.
Salad doesn’t play wide right. He comes in every chance he gets, yet he is bloody effective with it

Or could you not play Dele in a front 3 with Kane and Son? Lots of rotation and movement, but they all play well off each other

In terms of formation, it would either be in in a 4-3-3 or in a 3-4-3...
- If its 3-4-3 then its difficult to find a spot for Ndombele, but that would be a choice which you would have to take. CMs would be Skipp and PEH, unless its against a weak team at hom
- if its 4-3-3 then depending on who the opposition is, you could play PEH plus 2 of GLC, Skippy and Ndombele
No. For the reasons @Bishop gives. You need a player like Son (maybe not as good) to play on the right. Dele needs to play in the centre and pretty much stay in the centre (between the lines of the penalty box), that's where all his best work happens.

Salad doesn’t play wide right. He comes in every chance he gets, yet he is bloody effective with it
But Salah does play wide right and tucks in which is fine. We don't have the player to play on the right and who tucks in. It's not a 433 if you don't have that.

But Salah does play wide right and tucks in which is fine. We don't have the player to play on the right and who tucks in. It's not a 433 if you don't have that.
He doesn’t play wide IMO
Neither does mane
Their FBs play wide and then it means the ticking in is constant
His position on paper is wide

He doesn’t play wide IMO
Neither does mane
Their FBs play wide and then it means the ticking in is constant
His position on paper is wide
Watch their games, he's often coming in from the right hand side of the penalty box in particular. We wouldn't have someone doing this if the played 433 with Dele, Son and Kane.

This is Salah's heat map for 20/21. He plays from the right as would be expected in a 433.

For me I pray that Dele shows some form this season, then I would decide to cash in on him or if it is worth keeping him. His value has seriously dropped from 9 digits to 8 digits.

Knew we should have sold him 3 seasons ago when his form started to dip. Would have got £100m for him at that point.

Yep, which is why watching people advocate for another season of value dropping is weird.

If someone offers money for him that is reasonable, we should go.

Simple question everyone should ask themselves, Dele (the cash from) for any of -> top level CB/Eriksen replacement/Quality backup striker? yes/no?

Yep, which is why watching people advocate for another season of value dropping is weird.

Simple question everyone should ask themselves, Dele (the cash from) for any of -> top level CB/Eriksen replacement/Quality backup striker? yes/no?

The simple answer is Yes....

But there seems to be no speculation or interest around him at all at the moment, not surprisingly. So I think he will be with us for another season at least.

Even if someone were to offer £15 - £20m I doubt Levy would sell for that.

Yes.

In normal times I'd agree BUT I'd say his slide in value is a long way down the slope already and combine that with a Covid discount (combined with very few clubs being able to afford anyone, let alone someone who would now be considered a risk) adds up to rolling the dice with him being a viable option. Seeing whether a player still at a prime age and evidently talented can resurrect past form with a manager that has proven qualities in improving players.

Admittedly I struggle to see a likely Nuno formation suiting him and I wouldn't select him above any of our 4 potential CM. PEH Skipp Ndombele Celso

Actually, it was the other bicycle kick that caught my eye. But I still voted for Dele's, of course. Just the audacity of it -- other players wouldn't even think of trying it.

Dele's one - he starts the move, and then also lifts the ball up - just about put it ahead for me :)

Back