• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I have it on good authority that those days are over, that he has spent a few months really committing to his career and what he needs to do to get it back to par for his unbelievable talents. It is no accident that we are seeing the posts on social media we are and the interview he just did. He is all-in. I think we will see him rising back to his best again.

If he follows through on that it would be great not just for us, but for him.

Make no mistake, this is a pivotal moment in his career, step up or have regrets later in life.

I have it on good authority that those days are over, that he has spent a few months really committing to his career and what he needs to do to get it back to par for his unbelievable talents. It is no accident that we are seeing the posts on social media we are and the interview he just did. He is all-in. I think we will see him rising back to his best again.

Lets hope so but I think if he doesn't perform this season then he'll be getting sold.

To think that when he gets home tonight he'll be turning on the game and seeing Mount, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Saka involved - he's got some work to do if he wants to get back in the squad. Must be gutting to think he was first choice at the world cup to not even getting in the squad at the age of 25.

Lets hope so but I think if he doesn't perform this season then he'll be getting sold.

To think that when he gets home tonight he'll be turning on the game and seeing Mount, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Saka involved - he's got some work to do if he wants to get back in the squad. Must be gutting to think he was first choice at the world cup to not even getting in the squad at the age of 25.

That should be his motivation (beyond the small matter of his career)

Put in a top level season and he could-would have a shot at World Cup at the end of it.

That should be his motivation (beyond the small matter of his career)

Put in a top level season and he could-would have a shot at World Cup at the end of it.

That was what was wrong with him last season, i know the Jose haters put all the blame on Jose but Alli has to accept a lot of the problem was down to his attitudeas well.

I’d like to Dele to be in a position in two years time where most clubs would choose him over Grealish.

It seems a long journey, but the opposite has happened over two seasons.

Dele will be a 100 million value player again by the end of the season. Bookmark this mfers
I hope you're right.

I think it will depend somewhat on what happens with the rest of the team and the overall system. If we go for a system where there's a natural role for a 10 to shine, then yeah. He will have competition, but I'd trust him to prove himself over a season and grab a place.

If there's not such a natural place for a player like him in the system Nuno ends up playing I'm a lot less confident.

In fairness it sounds like he has accepted his role in it and has matured a lot.

The lot at the Euros, some younger, have matured too - and with momentum on their side.
Hate to say it but I think that timing and circumstance make the work much harder for Dele now.

No doubt that he will improve - but if he doesn't get into the England squad for the World Cup will that put a dent in his ambitions? Only time will tell .... but who else to blame except himself?

Don’t see how we fit in Alli, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Hojberg unless its a diamond with Kane and Son up top but can’t see that happening in all honesty.

The lot at the Euros, some younger, have matured too - and with momentum on their side.
Hate to say it but I think that timing and circumstance make the work much harder for Dele now.

No doubt that he will improve - but if he doesn't get into the England squad for the World Cup will that put a dent in his ambitions? Only time will tell .... but who else to blame except himself?

No one.

Don’t see how we fit in Alli, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Hojberg unless its a diamond with Kane and Son up top but can’t see that happening in all honesty.
That would actually be a very good diamond (providing Ndombele ups his work-rate). Would need fast. aggressive fullbacks like when we had Walker and Rose, fullbacks who are able to complete lots of sprints per game so can provide the attacking width as well as get back to defend. We have a couple of those for the left already, just need some for the right.

Ndombele deep with Hojbjerg, Lo Celso on the right, 4-2-3-1. Loads of work rate in that attacking midfield three. Would need a quality right back and Ndombele to do the job deep, but he did so last season at times at least.

Probably wouldn't be the go to lineup for the bigger games, but in many others I think it could work.

Mourinho had a real preference (imo) for pace down the flanks, not sure Nuno has that so I think Lo Celso could be used in more of a creative, come inside wide role. I suspect that might have been part of the plan when he was signed originally.
That would actually be a very good diamond (providing Ndombele ups his work-rate). Would need fast. aggressive fullbacks like when we had Walker and Rose, fullbacks who are able to complete lots of sprints per game so can provide the attacking width as well as get back to defend. We have a couple of those for the left already, just need some for the right.
It would be good going forward, but I think it would leave us exposed defensively. Diamond formations very rarely last whenever teams try them. I think it requires extreme work rate and discipline from almost all of the midfielders with the possible exception of the #10.

For some games some of the time, yeah, would be a good option.

Back