• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Since the West Ham reversal we look reticent in attack. As I said before we ‘we now’ look poorer going forward.
Jose is pleased Harry is playing more defensively, I’m not so sure it best or him or the team.

Lets see with a bigger sample size ..

No doubt we are trying to tighten up the back, add in the still players getting fit, settling in plus we happened to get the bottom 3 teams in a row .. I'll wait.

We can tear sides apart, even the last couple of games, I can think of misses (Son and Gio as example) that would have made the opposition come out more to chase the game and it would probably look very different

Because it means you haven’t conceded 3 goals
Teams that concede a lot of goals tend to struggle when they need control
Remember the Liverpool side that slipped up... scored loads, conceded loads. Couldn’t see out key games as they didn’t have the discipline

Yep, it's all about balance. That West Ham game probably stung Jose into making sure we are able to shut up shop when we score; i can't think of many teams who have let a 3-goal lead slip in the last 7 minutes, so if this is the medicine we have to take to stop that happening, then so be it.

If we hadn't got maximum points from the games afterwards then maybe there'd be more to complain about not that i'm saying everything is perfect...)

Yep, it's all about balance. That West Ham game probably stung Jose into making sure we are able to shut up shop when we score; i can't think of many teams who have let a 3-goal lead slip in the last 7 minutes, so if this is the medicine we have to take to stop that happening, then so be it.

If we hadn't got maximum points from the games afterwards then maybe there'd be more to complain about not that i'm saying everything is perfect...)
None in the history of the prime have ever

Because it means you haven’t conceded 3 goals
Teams that concede a lot of goals tend to struggle when they need control
Remember the Liverpool side that slipped up... scored loads, conceded loads. Couldn’t see out key games as they didn’t have the discipline

we had not been conceding goals until to fluky West Ham game

- Can't replace Kane
- Son is miles better
- The other 2 (Lucas/Bergwijn) add pace/dynamism to the game that Dele doesn't have
- Lamela adds bite, constant engagement/harassment that again Dele lacks

So you effectively have him fighting against 3 other players that offer something he doesn't for 1 spot, when those players seemingly give more in training and on the pitch (Lucas, Lamela and Bergwijn run until they have nothing left) for what? the hope that Dele might outscore them? last time Dele contributed double figure was 3 years ago, if you are talking about 5-7 goals any of those can do that as well.

Dele has ability, but it's not enough, he needs to have a role for the team, I was hoping he'd find one or see himself as even clearing out the trash (if he could shine in Europe against brick teams, it would be great for the team), he wants the team to accommodate him and he's not good enough for that.

I'd have him as direct cover for the second goalscoring role of the front 3 - so atm in a front 3 of Bale Kane Son he'd be first cover for Son. Is he as good as Son is currently? no. Can he score goals in an attacking role, with a player like Kane to play off of? undoubtedly yes - more so than any of the competition.

I'd have him as direct cover for the second goalscoring role of the front 3 - so atm in a front 3 of Bale Kane Son he'd be first cover for Son. Is he as good as Son is currently? no. Can he score goals in an attacking role, with a player like Kane to play off of? undoubtedly yes - more so than any of the competition.

Where would the attacking pace to break or get behind defensive lines come from though?

At present, with how Alli is/has been playing, which top 6/7 teams would Alli get a starting berth in?

None.

What is the point in the question? He currently isn't playing and hasn't been playing well consistent for well over a year - what do you think the answer to that question suggests?

It’s a terrible watch now!
That’s what tinkles me off.

Now i know we both ( at our age) have seen a lot worse then now. I will admit its can be better but personally i am enjoying seeing how Jose is working with and improving some of our players men tality, effort and team shapes.

None.

What is the point in the question? He currently isn't playing and hasn't been playing well consistent for well over a year - what do you think the answer to that question suggests?

Suggests that him not playing atm might not be the oddest footballing decision Jose has made...

Back