• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I tend to agree. He’s been a good servant, kept his counsel to date and even at his worst still looks capable of doing things other can’t.

I think he’s now collateral damage for Mourinho to set his standards on the squad and maybe to finance a top centre back. I just hope it’s not under Poch at United.
At first I was bothered that he didn't feature (when he didn't feature), but given how the team is playing that feeling has subsided. I hope he can find some motivation from somewhere to change his game to fit the side we have now. At the very least he will get a decent fee for us and hopefully will go on to play in a side in Europe and do very well.

At first I was bothered that he didn't feature (when he didn't feature), but given how the team is playing that feeling has subsided. I hope he can find some motivation from somewhere to change his game to fit the side we have now. At the very least he will get a decent fee for us and hopefully will go on to play in a side in Europe and do very well.
He will do well
He is a quality player
Just right now not of the right quality to play where we would play him..

Dele to PSG, funds to bring Skrinar in .. win/win ..

Honestly, he's not going to replace any of Son, Kane or Bale (or even the players that rotate with Bale, e.g. Bergwijn/Lamela/Lucas), I think Jose wants the front line the way it is.

If he wants a place back in the side, he needs to fit in the middle three, i.e. be able to play in a PEH, Ndombele/Lo Celso +1 setup, against sides that sit back maybe?

it’s turgid to watch and soulless overall.
Son looks next.
Then Jose will move on.

What are you talking about? the 6-1, the 7-2, the 5-2, the 3-0, 3-1 or are you cherry picking games against teams that are at the bottom of the table and do nothing but play to frustrate?

Come on, tired narrative, last season we played poor (with all the caveats and injuries) but Kane and Son are top 5 in Europe with Goals and Assists, we have scored as much as anyone, it's soulless?

Ah injuries and caveats i remember those :p

Regarding Alli I'm still not sure why he isn't seen as an option for either of the non-Kane front 3 positions - not many better than him at making smart runs in behind the opponents defence, seems suited to the attack now that Kane has started pulling the strings more and we look to play on the counter. I'd disagree entirely that he'd be worse than Moura Bergwijn or Lamela and would happily wager he'd post better numbers than the 3 of them, comfortably

What are you talking about? the 6-1, the 7-2, the 5-2, the 3-0, 3-1 or are you cherry picking games against teams that are at the bottom of the table and do nothing but play to frustrate?

Come on, tired narrative, last season we played poor (with all the caveats and injuries) but Kane and Son are top 5 in Europe with Goals and Assists, we have scored as much as anyone, it's soulless?
Short memories I guess

Regarding Alli I'm still not sure why he isn't seen as an option for either of the non-Kane front 3 positions - not many better than him at making smart runs in behind the opponents defence, seems suited to the attack now that Kane has started pulling the strings more and we look to play on the counter. I'd disagree entirely that he'd be worse than Moura Bergwijn or Lamela and would happily wager he'd post better numbers than the 3 of them, comfortably

- Can't replace Kane
- Son is miles better
- The other 2 (Lucas/Bergwijn) add pace/dynamism to the game that Dele doesn't have
- Lamela adds bite, constant engagement/harassment that again Dele lacks

So you effectively have him fighting against 3 other players that offer something he doesn't for 1 spot, when those players seemingly give more in training and on the pitch (Lucas, Lamela and Bergwijn run until they have nothing left) for what? the hope that Dele might outscore them? last time Dele contributed double figure was 3 years ago, if you are talking about 5-7 goals any of those can do that as well.

Dele has ability, but it's not enough, he needs to have a role for the team, I was hoping he'd find one or see himself as even clearing out the trash (if he could shine in Europe against brick teams, it would be great for the team), he wants the team to accommodate him and he's not good enough for that.

Since the West Ham reversal we look reticent in attack. As I said before ‘we now’ look poorer going forward.
Jose is pleased Harry is playing more defensively, I’m not so sure it best or him or the team.

Last edited:

Possibly
I guess we can see what Jose thinks right now by his squad selection
I’d rather back him than one player currently.
What we also know if Jose will give him the chance to turn it around

Since the West Ham reversal we look poorer. As I said before we look poor offensively and now shot shy.
Jose is pleased Harry is playing more defensively, I’m not so sure it best or him or the team.
Shot count doesn’t mean goal - just look at our game vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine
All that matters is points on the board
We look more efficient now and that’s a big plus
Better to take your chances rather than be wasteful to get wins
A 1 nil is better for the team than a 4-3

There is no doubt that Ali is a top player but i say again i do not see him fitting into our system at the moment, and i doubt that will change in the short term. I have noticed that a few fans think he will have to adapt his play so that he can fit in, sadly i really doubt he has the ability do that, he is a special player but his strengths do not suit us as it stands.

- Can't replace Kane
- Son is miles better
- The other 2 (Lucas/Bergwijn) add pace/dynamism to the game that Dele doesn't have
- Lamela adds bite, constant engagement/harassment that again Dele lacks

So you effectively have him fighting against 3 other players that offer something he doesn't for 1 spot, when those players seemingly give more in training and on the pitch (Lucas, Lamela and Bergwijn run until they have nothing left) for what? the hope that Dele might outscore them? last time Dele contributed double figure was 3 years ago, if you are talking about 5-7 goals any of those can do that as well.

Dele has ability, but it's not enough, he needs to have a role for the team, I was hoping he'd find one or see himself as even clearing out the trash (if he could shine in Europe against brick teams, it would be great for the team), he wants the team to accommodate him and he's not good enough for that.

Sums it up for me.

Back